Tarek Kazem Goudy El Gaber
Current Residence Address, Qatar, Doha. Cell +974-********
Home Main Address, Egypt, Alexandria, No. 10 Aziz Kahil St. San Stefano, Apt 8, 4th FLR
Linked in Acct.: https://www.linkedin.com/in/tarekkazem
A goal-oriented Management, that has results-focused experience with more than 30 years of end-to-end specifically in the supply chain, procurement, logistics and multi-modal transportation, commodities program operational management, as well as finance, international trade, line carrier, and freight forwarding management. Expertise that directly results in efficiency improvements and cost savings, I have embraced & progressively put into practice a “continuous improvement” approach throughout the daily tasks involved in supply. I have an enduring reputation as an effective problem solver with the unique ability to think analytically and creatively. I have a knack for handling adversity in the workplace with utmost zeal and determination. I am also a partner manager possessing well-refined proposal, contract, and service-level management Skills, also a project manager who can effectively lead & coordinate multiple procedural as well as technology projects concurrently. I have transferable skills in metrics and trends analysis, also an innate talent for identifying, and leveraging underutilized capacities and opportunities in any organization. My proactive character allows me to function & excel under minimal direction, my interpersonal skills give me an edge in excelling in collaborative as well as leadership roles. I have strong SAP implementation skills, In Besides a professional background in accounting, business administration, logistics & SCM in multi-industrial & factories field, building & road construction, F&B, in multi-national organizations, GCC & Middle East, holding a project management consultant diploma, Master degree in Management of International Transport & Logistics, Thesis in Logistics centres.
KEY SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
Supply Chain & Logistics Management, Procurement, warehouse & storage Management, Commercial & project Management, End-to-End Supply Chains, Materials Management, Data & Root Cause Analysis, Purchase Ordering, Start-up Operations, Operation Management, Vendor & Contract Management, Inventory Management, Global Transportation Logistics, Troubleshooting, Sales Programs, Team Building, Procedures development, Change Management, Strategic Sourcing, Cross-Functional Communications, Asset & Materials Management, Inventory Planning & Control, Process Innovation, Conflict Resolution, Demand Forecasting, Front-End Reporting, Purchasing & Finance, Technical understanding, Cost accounting skills, Ability to understand financial statements, Understanding of e-business /e-procurement systems, Troubleshooting, problem-solving, Understanding of cross-cultural/global issues. Business ethics. Supply chain solutions, Project-based logistics, Marketing, Cost reduction, International trade, Strategic planning, Vendor management Business planning, Information systems, Customer relations, Performance evaluation, Logistical infrastructure, Shipping and receiving, Transport, communications, Freight management, Emergency planning, Supplier engagement & management, Transportation management, Planning and organizing, Stock planning, Supplier database management, Procurement analysis, Partner management, Strategic business integration, Control of inventory, Logistical infrastructure, Transport communications, Freight management. Information systems, Performance evaluation, Stock planning, Supplier database management, Procurement analysis, Partner management, Strategic business integration, organizing transport & warehousing of hazard material.
AREA of PERSONAL EXPERTISE
Commitment to excellence. Treating problems or unexpected events as opportunities to learn. Motivated by exceeding targets & expectations, Able to deal with disruptive or underperforming staff securely & firmly, High level of attention to detail, Tactful, diplomatic when dealing with sensitive issues, Possesses the vision, drive & determination to succeed, Flexible approach to working, Focused & professional attitude, Resilient & enthusiastic in all areas, Can influence & communicate effectively across multiple sectors, Always professional when dealing with third parties or government agencies, Highly focused on issues at hand, Not frightened to try out new ideas that may improve established processes, Possessing the vision, drive & determination to succeed, Strong intellectual curiosity, Can work well with people from all social backgrounds. Possessing creative problem-solving & analytical skills, Proven ability to ensure that products are delivered in a good state & on time, Willingness to work unusual hours, Highly effective motivator with strong written & spoken communication skills, and An ability to handle the pressures arising from having to meet deadlines & targets, Able to evaluate complex situations and find solutions for them, Having a passion for delivering excellent customer service in a cost-effective way, ability to work in environment changes with a multi deadline.
Proven achievement with a highly records in the supply chain, logistics & procurement procedure & implementation in many projects handled with granted highly effectiveness in different fields, various factories activities, F&B companies, Catering & service Facilities, international trading transactions, Freight forwarding & line carrier, accommodation furnishing projects, Construction & road construction by reducing the logistics cost 25% as a min, improving quality and reach maximum profit. Secured an active delivery program to deliver just in time without delay or defects, reduce the level of stock from 3 to 1.5 months without being out of stock, and negotiated a new rebate structure which produced a saving of up to 10% of the product cost, overachieved all payment facilities target with min grantees need & many other achievements to be advised.
* Jan.2018 – Present Injazat Holding group – Qatar, Porto holding group – Qatar
Position: Supply Chain Manager.
Responsibilities (following day to day operation of the supply chain: sourcing, purchasing, transport, warehousing and distribution. Also involved in identifying, implementing, performing & initiatives to reduce the overall supply chain cost base and area of improvement.)
(Injazat group four factories HPF, UFBP, IPP, QIPBF) (Porto holding group- Road & building construction, pools, facilities, F&B)
* Job Description & Duties.
1. Directed the supply chain operations for the group factories and succeeded in providing the highest personal consumer electronics & ancillary services.
2. Operated as a Senior Staff Consultant that’s led in the role of strategic planning, project implementation & execution within the bench market.
3. Specifically for the optimization of a distribution network. Negotiated & secured finalized contracts with outsourced suppliers and vendors.
4. Collaborated with teams across the organization to implement the harmony of the distribution network leading to the reduction of fixed cost facilities to a variable cost model, including 3PL-managed facilities. Also developed a profitable cost centre by redefining supply chain practices.
5. Managed the project implementation with a proven high level of success and meet the action items, and milestones in collaboration with logistics, operations, systems, HR & relations teams.
6. Achieved an inventory management tool, leading to a cut of $2.3 million (3- 1.5 months). And aided in stock-level between retail & Web stores.
7. Participate to design new packaging that leads the bench market and meets the sole purpose of exacting customer specifications.
8. Succeeded to Serve as the primary account manager for clients, oversaw service provision, and gain special projects & contract compliance.
9. Set a developed standardized operating practices & procedures, including the documentation of the detailed accepted quality level (AQL).
10. Analyzed & studied the sales volumes, which creates 80-90 % forecasts to leverage market trends and minimize the impacts of seasonal downturns.
11. Led a cross-functional team consisting of IT, staff & functional managers through the integration of EDI, POS transaction operations into SAP
* Oct. 2015 – Dec.2017 Gettco Cargo. (For customs clearance) A Subsidiary of Al Faisal Al Thani Holding - Qatar
Position: Logistics & Cargo Mgr.
Responsible (Dispatch planning activities, Driving accuracy, productivity & performance to a new level by efficiently managing the logistics functions. Ensuring that goods reach their destination on time, developing the logistics strategy for the company.
Job Description & Duties
1. Implemented a standard with a KPI by regularly reviewing the service levels currently provided by third-party logistics suppliers.
2. Succeeded to set a system to ensure the safe receipt, storage, retrieval, and timely dispatch of goods, and delivery vehicles are roadworthy.
3. Meet with a proven record of all logistics and distribution plans with an integrated approach to the company’s strategic objectives.
4. Reduced the cost of supply chain services below market rates by 10-15%, keeping & analyze accurate records of all distribution that takes place.
5. Secure accurate bills for clients. Analyzing logistical problems that lead to coming up with appropriate solutions. To meet client satisfaction
6. Set the procedures that complete all related paperwork, including transit documents, & customs clearances that guarantee fully smooth operation.
7. Scheduling appropriate multi-modules of transportation for cargo, Resolving client customer service issues that increase client loyalty.
8. Writing up monthly reports to senior managers & respective stakeholders. Assure that the logistics & warehouse team are trained appropriately.
9. Distribution performance against agreed internal KPIs. Implemented a company’s contractual service relationships with old and new clients.
10. Carrying out regular stock takes. Evaluating and recommending equipment needs to senior managers.
11. Set a system that ensures all equipment is properly maintained and suitable for the task for which it is being used.
* July. 2012 – Sept. 2015 Glass Rock Insulation Co. ASCOM – Citadel
Position: Supply Chain Mgr.
Responsibilities (restructuring & optimizing the company’s purchasing, procurement, Logistics, Custom services, warehouse and Supply Chain functions to make sure they are highly effective, managing the day-to-day relationships with supply chain partners.).
Job Description & Duties
1. Direct & assure the activities of all functions involved in the purchasing, planning, warehousing, and control of materials from the receipt of forecasting replenishment needs to the delivery of the finished product into finished goods inventory and delivery of products to the customer(s).
2. Manage inventory and establishes controls to ensure it’s operating at the highest level of performance based on key performance
3. Developed a set of strategies, policies, procedures & overall team to optimize the value of the entire function in creating a world-class materials management group.
4. Succeeded to maintain compliance with all regulatory requirements and ethical standards related to procurement & SCM.
5. Developed & managed the departmental budgets accordingly to metrics and minimized supply chain risk by 90%.approx
5. Lead & coach the team that leads in maintaining excellence in quality control, and safety that develops continuously & improves supplier programs.
6. Participate in existing and new product planning processes to ensure timely acquisition of materials to support product launches.
7. Participate in the design and implementation of a new ERP system that optimizes its use. Lead negotiation efforts that secure major contracts.
8. Implementing & establishing the strategies to meet the annual goals and objectives, (including stretch targets) in coordination with corporate objectives, and managing performance to ensure attainment & other duties as assigned with an efficiency of 100%
* Mar.2007 – July. 2012 Marine Link Int’l – Shipping Forwarding & Marine Services - Alexandria, Egypt
(Activity Shipping Services, full protecting vessel agent & Logistical Solutions)
Position: General Freight, Logistics & BD Manager (Logistics, Procurement & Business Development Manager)
Responsibilities (Developing New/renewal B. Development, Marketing, Sales, Logistics, SCM, Procurement, Port Full Agent)
* Job Description & Duties
1. Identify, develop & direct the implementation of the company strategy, activities achieve, agreed targets, standards for financial, trading performance, quality, culture & legislative adherence. Management morale such as Involvement in planning, directing the organization's
2. Maintained a good relationship with port authorities to make sure that proper mooring areas are allotted to the ship & all the pertaining documents are ready & adequately taken care of. Plus to mention all minor & major aspects of the charges of customs, all other government procedures required to be fulfilled by the captain of the ship.
3. Direct Involvement in managing renewal, new business development, and marketing, selling the company product services, and also managing & review the sales, marketing campaign & logistics studies.
4. Finalizing & securing service contracts with shipping line carriers for better competitive rates also all Door to door contracts, & chartering contracts.
* Jan.2005 – Mar.2007 Leader Group (Agility) – Shipping Forwarding & Marine Service. Alexandria, Egypt
Geo Logistics, International Freight Forwarder. (Activity Shipping & Logistics Services)
Position: Logistics & Business Development Manager – (Import & BD Manager for air, & sea freight FCL &LCL)
Responsibilities (Developing New/Renewal Business Development, Marketing, Sales, Logistics, Warehouse, Port Full Agent)
* Job Description & Duties
1. Managed securely the movement of products/equipment/materials in and out of the country under origination policy and procedure, and complied with relevant local, country, and International law and processes.
2. Ensure & maintain port visits are as brief as possible to maximize the ship’s profitability for its managers/ owners. That’s From the time receives notice of the ship’s pending arrival until the ship is once more underway, also prepare all the arrangements for the ship and its cargo before Arrival, check the Harbor, Upon Arrival, Reloading, and After Departure. Exceptional project & time management skills. Maximizing sales opportunities.
3. Managed & obtain the necessary needed documentation, and online forms for the efficient, cost-effective, and lawful execution of all import/export shipping activities. Vessel carrier RoRo, bulk, tankers, and containers Planned and directed flow of shipments moving overseas destinations
* Feb.2002 – Jan.2005 Siwa Co. For Industrialization & Development - Alexandria, Egypt
*Oct.1999 – Jan.2002 Mansour Group – Hayat Co. For Industrialization & development - Alexandria - Egypt
(Activity Manufacturing & Bottling Water & Distribution)
Position: Supply Chain Manager
Responsibilities (Managing & Supervising SCM, Commercial management, Logistics, Purchasing, Procurement, warehouse)
* Oct.1995 – Oct.1999 Sadat Group– SAS International Shipping Consultant & Commerce - Alexandria - Egypt
(Activity Shipping Services) (Full protecting Agent of COSCO, Globe link, fast transit Line.)
Position: Logistics & B. Development Manager (Consolidation LCL, FCL Sea, Air & Land Management)
Responsibilities (Managing New Business Development, Marketing, Sales, logistics, warehouse Procurement, Port Full Agent
* Oct 1990 – Oct. 1995 Marine & Engineering Services Co. (Mesco) Alexandria – Egypt & (Fribourg -Switzerland)
(Shipping and Maritime Services)(Full Protecting Agent of MSC, WEC, Norasia, BCL, ARKAS)
Position: Logistics & B. Development Manager (Import Sea, Air & Land Management (In charge of) Norasia Shipping Line (CSAV)
Responsibilities (Managing New Business Development, Marketing research & analyzing, Sales, logistics, Port Full Agent)
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATES & ACADEMICS DEVELOPMENT
2009 – 2011 Arab Academy for Science, Technology & Maritime Transport. - Alexandria, Egypt.
Master degree In Management of International Transport & Logistics (Grade Excellent) Thesis in Logistics centres
2014 - 2014 Nevada University – Reno – United States, Diploma of Project Management Consultant
1988 – 1991 Beirut Arab University - Alexandria, Egypt
Bachelor of Commerce & Business Administration-Accounting & Business Administration Section - Final Grade: Good
1973 – 1987 Victory College School. - Alexandria, Egypt.
* EGYPTIAN LEADERSHIP TRAINING & CONSULTANCY (ELTC)/ 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. / Performance Management
Workshop. /MAPS: Management Appraisal System Performance. / Gold of Deserts Kings Training Program
* NORASIA SHIPPING LINE SWITZERLAND/ EDI & Internet Training Course at Fribourg – Switzerland year 1994
* EGYPTIAN MINISTRY OF CUSTOMS AUTHORITIES/ Customs Procedure & Clearance to hold the License of General Custom Broker.
* EGYPT AIR CFA (IATA)/ Air freight Initial Dangerous Good Regulation (D.G.R.1) Official Egypt Air Training centre Certificate (94.5%)
* EGYPT AIR CFA (IATA)/ Air freight Basic cargo Skills & Procedures. Official Egypt Air Training centre Certificate (100%)
* EGYPT AIR CFA (IATA)/ E-Freight inbounds process & Export E-Freight procedures.
* MINISTRY OF COMMUNICATION & INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (UNICAF)/ ICDL & ECDL
* ALEXANDRIA CHAMBER OF SHIPPING/ Customs Procedure & Clearance Course
* EGYPTIAN INTERNATIONAL FREIGHT FORWARDER ASSOCIATION EIFFA C/O ADMIRAL COMPANY/ EDI & XML
* EIFFA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE/ Management of Dangerous goods operation
* DALE CARNEGIE TRAINING/ Leadership Training for Manager Program
Marital status: Married, Age: 4th of Jan 1970 / Religion: Muslim, Nationality: Egyptian
Driving License: (GCC & Qatar) valid till Apr. 2021 & (Egypt) valid till Sep. 2027
Languages: English (strong Spoken and written), Arabic (Mother Tongue)