Taylor D Saddler
**** ******* ** *** ****, Columbia, SC 29210
Willing to Relocate
Benedict College - Columbia, SC
Bachelor of Arts in Mass Communications – 08/01/2008-12/08/2012
Pure (Privileged Underwriting Reciprocal Exchange) Insurance-Charleston, SC(Remote): July 2021-Present
Underwriting Services Associate, High Value Homeowner, Collections, Personal Auto, Personal Watercraft and Excess insurance
• Answer brokers phones calls regarding varies inquiries regarding insureds policies. (Ex. Sales force)
• Handle high value policies that are $1,000,000 and up. (Ex. Dragon System)
• Process endorsements regarding the home, auto, excess liability or watercraft policies.
• Assist underwriting with quoting new business via email or over the phone.
• Track and manage workload to ensure that SLA’s and metrics are met every day.
• Collaborate with the claims department to remove properties or vehicles that are a total loss
• Review and add high value art items that are within my business are guidelines
• Abide by the underwriting service guidelines to ensure effective and correct endorsement processing
Acadian Managers- Irmo, SC: March 2020-July 2021
Senior Underwriter, Homeowner and Dwelling Insurance and Mail Controller
Customer Service Representative
•Facilitated a COVID-19 internal inspection project (ex. Excel sheet of 100+ policies).
•Upsell and remarket policies to agents for retention of new business.
•Expedited mortgage clause, cancellation, non-renewal, premium and non-premium bearing endorsements.
•Regulated the underwriting inbox to distribute work items to my teammates to assist insurance agents in a timely manner.
•Determined if cancelled policies meet reinstatement requirements.
•Simplified the binding process for policies by instructing agents with a step-by-step approach.
•Lessened the possibility of accepting a risk that does not meet coverage qualifications through the process of underwriting.
•Geo-coded addresses to confirm the location of the property in question to bind coverage.
•Strengthened communication with insurance agents via email or phone regarding underwriting requirements.
•Navigated through a testing system to ensure that underwriting processes are still showing correct in production (Ex. IT issue preventing a premium endorsement to emit).
•Checked the company mailbox daily to process premium payments, premium finance agreements, claims documents, bank statements and time sensitive documents.
Seibels - Columbia, SC: April 2019 to August 2019
Underwriter, Homeowner Insurance
•Formalized new business policies (ex. IPX system, Livewire).
•Inspected mitigation documents to provide the insured mitigation credits.
•Dispatched letters or emails to agents requesting additional information regarding incomplete home inspections.
•Processed cancellations and reinstatements.
•Documented the cancel re-write report daily to help my team work efficiently.
•Exceeded insurance agents’ expectations with compliance, interpersonal skills, and professional etiquette.
• Confirmed license contractor documents and work invoices to reduce the chances of insuring a risk that did not have professional repairs.
• Contacted agents via phone or email to discuss their insureds policy.
• Ordered home inspections through Insurance Risk Services and Citrus to further the underwriting process. (ex. 4-point inspection)
Dovetail Insurance - Columbia, SC: October 2017 to April 2019
Underwriting Assistant, Commercial Business, General Liability and Surplus Insurance
Customer Service Representative
• Ensured thorough review of commercial surplus lines policies.
• Converted excel formulas into adobe PDF policy documents for policy packages.
• Accelerated production of new business policies documents to meet company quota and 24 business hour turnaround time.
• Diligently handled large premium endorsements (ex. $200,000+).
• Sustained OFAC regulations to ensure that the company remained in compliance.
• Thoroughly assembled policy packages for insureds (Ex. Condominium Association).
• Multi-tasked within different systems to access information (ex. Dovetail Exchange, Sharepoint, Duckcreek).
• Granted agencies access to their policy systems via multi-factor authentication and resetting log in credentials.
• Corresponded with the underwriting team via email or phone regarding various carriers (Ex. Starr, Ventus, Hiscox) to get final approval for policy issuance.
• Provided the underwriting department backup to make the underwriting process seamless.
• Mentored new team member(s) to assist with concerns they may have (ex. backing out a policy premium).
Colonial Life-Columbia, SC: July 2015 to October 2017
Customer Experience Specialist, Supplemental Insurance
Customer Service Representative II
Customer Service Representative I
• Processed policy cancellations and loans for life insurance policies
• De-escalated callers when distressed in times of financial crisis or grief.
• Assembled claims for short term disability to facilitate remittances.
• Diligently entered data into various policy systems (ex. Dora and Navilink).
• Utilized ICD-10 and CPT codes for short term claims to be categorized correctly.
• Operated in a hybrid role to assist the contact center and claims department to better assist customers when they call the contact center.
• Streamlined the claims process by becoming the liaison for the insured when reporting the first notice of loss (ex. Hospitalization, Accident, and Cancer claims).
• Issued letters to advise of denials or approvals (Ex. Short-term disability, Whole Life Policy).
Property and Casualty License in the state of South Carolina, Issued 01/09/2019
License #: 19013124