Certified Medical Assistant/medical office manager (front office & patient care), Trainer, Human Resources Supervisor and more
Indianapolis, IN 46227
• Almost twelve years of clinical experience with specialization in Cardiology, Alzheimer's, emergency medicine, Geriatrics, and clinical research. Several years of compliance and document management, SOPs / company safety and training protocols, developing and maintaining an electronic management system for electronic medical records(EMR)-Cerner SuperUser and Epic, clinical and record trainer, clinical and training supervisor, managing records and being compliant on necessary records. Lab manager and trainer for a FDA regulated lab (responsible for quality standards per FDA regulations for an organ procurement organization).Certified Red Cross instructor, OSHA certified, 10+ years of medical/legal/administration transcription, new employee and routine employee training on site and in class room, payroll processing ( Kronos, WorkDay and ADP), solely handling employee attendance rule compliance and keeping detailed records of this, writing entire facility schedules for a food manufacturing facility (including all the various departments) as well as writing clinical & front office staff schedules with vacation and time off scheduling, also writing on call and rounding schedules for 40+ Attending physicians at a time along with 20-40 Resident & Intern Physicians for 5+ hospital facilities on a weekly and monthly basis, handled HR relations and contract management for a unionized food manufacturing facility, managing the on site treatment of work compensation injuries/ incidents and then working with the employee/company/insurance company/treatment sites through the entire work compensation claims. Experienced clinical and classroom trainer /lead including writing and implementing all training materials (certified as adjunct faculty professor at 3 universities to teach medical college courses as well as clinical courses for upcoming medical technicians/medical assistants/pre-nursing students/EMTs/paramedics. 10+ years of handling medical inpatient, outpatient, testing, and procedural prior authorizations as well as pharmaceutical prior authorizations. 7+ years of medical coding and billing.
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
Medical / Legal / Genealogy Transcriptionist
Xscriptions - Indianapolis, IN
May 2020 to Present
I work remotely for this small transcription company where I transcribe various types of medical transcriptions, as well as various forms of legal transcriptions, and lastly various forms of genealogy transcriptions. Typically depending on the week and what is needing done or scheduled or urgent I will transcribe anywhere from 4-20 hours worth of transcribing sometimes more. All transcriptions have very specific templates and formats and instructions that have to be done precisely and on a very specific schedule /deadline no exceptions.
HR Manager/Office Manager
SpencerWilliamsHGM - Indianapolis, IN
February 2018 to Present
This is a small licensed and insured family business that handles handyman and contractor job/projects as well as grounds and landscaping management that myself, my husband and two other partners own and run. I handle all client interactions/customer service, all billing and invoices, all insurance/ licensing for the company, all supply/material purchasing, job/project scheduling, performing on site inspections / estimates for new clients and end of project inspections/final walk through, job/project planning including assigning employee tasks and responsibilities, company payroll, maintain the company social media sites, maintaining all company records (hard copies and digital records), writing client new job/project contracts.
Certified Medical Assistant
Home Care Assistance - Indianapolis, IN
December 2018 to March 2020
Was responsible for the 24/HR home care of my grandfather including all his at home medical needs, PT/OT, collecting lab specimens (blood work, cultures, urine, and fecal specimens). Cleaning and caring for his feeding tube and colostomy bag including dressing changes. in and out urinary catheters, administering IV and oral medications and documenting all care. Feeding and bathing and performing range of motion. monitoring vital signs per the physicians orders (manual blood pressures, orthostatic blood pressures, temperatures and EKGs PRN). Also performing basic physical examination (skin assessment, edema checks, checking inner ears, eyes, vision acuity checks, etc) and documenting and calling physician as needed. I did this daily until my grandfather passed away when he decided to discontinue his treatments for his esophageal cancer and passed away inpatient on full hospice care at the hospital on March 22, 2020
Health and Safety Manager / HR SUPERVISOR
Health & HR DEPARTMENT - Indianapolis, IN
May 2015 to November 2018
• Coordinate and lead new employee orientation
• Developing processes for all roles within the company, as well as all corresponding training documents.
• Assisted in writing / updating all site wide safety documentation. Translated all documentation into Spanish versions.
• Training employees over processes
• Write all SOPs, OJT, training documentation, and processes.
• Hostess Brands, LLC. HACCP Certification
• Working on OSHA regulations and maintaining an OSHA regulated site that is at compliance by state standards for a Bakery.
• Developed and implemented a training program across the plant
• Organizing current training and developed a program to maintain a current training matrix to make sure we are compliant in the right intervals.
• Handle all employee related issues, all hiring/conversions, maintaining employee records, developed several spreadsheets to organize employee data that needs to be readily accessible. (Screening applicants, interviewing, offers, full hiring process)
• Biweekly payroll for entire company
• Union Grievances
• Handbook edits / updates, updates / modifications for Union CBA.
• Arbitrations, arbitration prep
• Work Compensation: all injuries, supporting documentation, working with our work comp provider and the medical providers on each injury / incident.
• Unemployment: handled all unemployment cases, hearings, appeals, and documentation.
• Handle all employee grievances, disciplinary actions, all attendance points / write - ups / issues.
• Scheduling for all departments
• First Responder and First Responder training
ASSISTANT-LEARNING/DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM & SOP
March 2014 to March 2015
on Assignment at Eli Lilly and Company-March 2014 to March 2015
• Regulus Document Controller, Work Flow Controller, Regulus Expert
• Customer Service for each department working with L&D
• Reports, excel spreadsheets, data mining
• Updating documents, training materials, SOPs, work instructions, PMS
• Maintaining hard copy work instructions, work instruction audit throughout entire site
• Worked on curricula and courses for each individual and supervisors learning plans, assigned and built learning plans, following up on due date and overdue items.
• Update Regulus properties and organize system folders / format
• Learning and development projects, new employee onboarding, assisting in training summer interns
(Pharmaceutical and FDA regulations), running reports for supervision, retiring and routing documents within Regulus, assisting in changes to SOPs/work forms/work procedures, developed new training courses, organized and led new employee orientation and corresponding work.
• Worked with quality to write and develop standards and protocols for laboratory standards, which would be reference guides and training materials for laboratory staff.
• Developed and maintained information for quality materials for printed packaged materials and printed package distribution.
• Helped to build a training matrix and identify necessary courses for CAPA and CAPA roles. Organized and held CAPA training courses.
ADJUNCT FACULTY PROFESSOR OF MA AND CLINICAL COURSES Harrison College - Indianapolis, IN
August 2013 to March 2015
Instructor/Professor for Clinical Training, Anatomy / Physiology 1 & 2 and Medical Terminology- August 2013 to March 2014
• Instruct 22-30 students with lessons that I created and visual presentation (PowerPoint, videos, visual aids), created all exams / quizzes / course work, developed syllabi for each course and with each term, graded all coursework, and entered grades into appropriate data base.
• Taught students about standards in the workplace for documentation, lab testing, performing standard lab tests, and maintaining training for their particular role. LAB MANAGER
ILETTB-INDIANA LIONS EYE AND TISSUE TRANSPLANT BANK December 2012 to August 2013
• Managed five full time staff, one part time staff, and fifteen per diem (on-call) staff. Including doing time sheets, PTO, schedules, reviews, day to day duties, training
• Organ excision/harvesting, tissue evaluation, specular evaluation, slit-lamps, venipuncture, lab maintenance, centrifuge
• Chart review, making charts, working with medical director, calling physicians/coroners/hospitals, medical record recovery and review, entry into EMR, corrections for EMR
• Wrote on-call schedule, lab schedule, staff schedule, cleaning schedule, maintenance schedule for FDA regulations, worked with hospital director for hospital contract relations
• Worked to train ophthalmology residents, interns, and fellows.
• Clinical research projects assistant coordinator
• Re-did all flow processes and paperwork for lab function
• Maintained a FDA certified / regulated lab. Trained and regulated all FDA regulations to stay in compliance and to be able to continue to harvest and evaluate human organs. All regulations from storage, evaluation, lab testing, and lab cleaning standards. Clinical Office Coordinator
IU Health Methodist Cardiology
September 2011 to October 2012
same company different position)
• Received "exemplary" and "exceed expectations" ratings on all performance reviews. Cited for excellence in interpersonal communications, teamwork, customer service, flexibility and reliability.
• Continued previous responsibilities of team leader role in regards to training and managing outpatient clinic
• Demonstrated the ability to interact with customers from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
• Writing and modifying protocols for clinical function and meeting guidelines for OSHA and meeting compliance regulations per hospital guidelines.
• Support to all patient families: assisted with financial and patient assistance, offered assistance and support to family members, worked with family members to get the best patient care possible.
• Grew relationships with physicians and the patients of the physicians I directly supported.
• Commended for multitasking abilities; being an administrative assistant and CMA to the clinical director of cardiology, managing his calendar, travel, the division call schedules for over 30 physicians, all patient care(helping in the hospital, outpatient clinic, phlebotomy, holters and event monitors, ECGs, Electronic medical records-super user, patient education, helping manage over 100 Coumadin patients, triage, catheterization and testing scheduling) Patient Keeper-billing system for IU Health- entry charges, coding.
• Recognized for superior performance and listed in the IU Health employee spotlight
• Assisting in Genetic testing and genetic clinic with Dr. Chen
• Round with cardiology service attending and house team (interns, residents) everyday on all cardiology inpatients, set follow ups, make appropriate arrangements for medications (pre- certifications, pharmacy approval, making sure patient can afford medication), inpatient billing and charges, assisting filling out electronic discharge forms, making sure patient has all resources necessary to avoid readmission following discharge, set up patient assistance, resources for home care, hospice, etc.
Administrative Assistant to Clinical Director/Associate Dean for OMINOUS (current with position above)- Dr. Richard J. Kovacs
• Managed very full outlook calendar
• Organized and set up meetings and preparation for meetings, made PowerPoint presentations, slide shows, materials for meetings
• Answered multi-line telephone
• Emails, travel arrangements, organizing files, invoices, maintaining all electronics, organizing projects for multiple companies he worked for, American College of Cardiology events. MA Team Leader
IU Health Physicians Methodist Cardiology
September 2010 to September 2011
• Partnered with practice manager to manage day to day function of outpatient cardiology clinic
• Support to four cardiologists for patient and clinical needs.
• Supply ordering, reorganizing clinic supplies and stocking
• Responsible for being the direct supervisor for the Medical Assistants-including writing schedules, room assignments, dealing with immediate issues of clinical and patient/family related problems, managing staff time and time off requests
• Making downtime assignments for clinical staff, as well as a daily schedule for each staff member.
• Developed protocols for safety and regulations by OSHA and trained all staff and clinicians. Maintained safety and training records to stay in compliance.
• Assuring all staff was training and maintained necessary training to fully complete they scope of practice.
• Patient Keeper, Cerner Super user-EMR, Holter and Event Monitors Lab
• Evaluating and hiring new staff clinical staff members, training all new clinical staff and doing orientation
• Handling disciplinary and work related problems for clinical staff, as well as planning skill building for staff members. Also creating a positive rewards system for outstanding achievement.
• Writing and revising protocols for function of hospital based outpatient clinic per hospital compliance guidelines
• Set up emergency evacuation training and staged on site clinical practice scenarios.
• Organized and set up lunch time training "lunch and learns" for staff members on various aspects of cardiology and clinical training.
MA for Six High Volume Cardiologists
• 12/2005 - 9/2010, (training 10/2005 to 04/2006)IU Health Physicians Methodist Cardiology (Krannert)
• Manage all clinical and office related procedures for these physicians.
• Venipuncture, IVs, wound care, injections/vaccines, heart monitors, vitals, ECGs
• Managing full outpatient and inpatient patient care
• Assisting to fill prescriptions, write orders as directed per physician request, schedule tests, patient billing and coding, take basic histories, medication education, and triage.
• Helping to write new protocols for the clinic
• Helping to organize and set up the new EMR system
• Representative for practice for home INR monitoring and genetic screening. Adjunct Faculty
University-Clinical Medical Assisting
September 2009 to September 2010
• Teaching college classes for MA clinical
• Taught-Diseases of the Human Body, Drug Dosage, Medical Terminology
• Phlebotomy and IV training
• MA Clinical Externship Program
Training new staff on EKGs and telemetry
Centurion Clinical Research - Indianapolis, IN
May 2008 to January 2010
• Phase 1 Clinical Research Unite, certified with the WIRB and IRB for human research
• Basic clinical skills, monitoring patients
• Running clinical testing for acid-base testing, spinning down blood and collecting serum and plasm for more advanced testing.
• Training new staff on EKGs and telemetry
• Training to do research coordinating.
• Level 3 Research Assistant
Master's degree in Healthcare Management
Indiana Wesleyan University - Marion - Marion, IN
November 2020 to Present
Bachelors of Science in Nursing, and addictions counseling Indiana Wesleyan University-Marion - Marion, IN
August 2014 to December 2019
Associates Degree of Science in Science and counseling Indiana Wesleyan University-Marion
Associate in Medical Assisting-CMA
Professional Careers Institute (Kaplan)
Bachelors of Nursing in Nursing
IUPUI - Indianapolis, IN
May 2001 to December 2004
High School Diploma
Southport High School - Indianapolis, IN
August 1997 to May 2001
• billing (5 years)
• medical records (10+ years)
• phlebotomy (10+ years)
• Scheduling (10+ years)
• Human Resources (10+ years)
• Supervisor (10+ years)
• Cerner (7 years)
• Physiology Knowledge
• Anatomy Knowledge
• Experience Administering Injections
• EMR Systems
• FDA Regulations
• Anatomy Knowledge
• EMR Systems
• Experience Administering Injections
• FDA Regulations
• Patient Care
• Physiology Knowledge
• Vital Signs
• Medical Transcription (10+ years)
• Transcription (6 years)
• Venipuncture (10+ years)
• Medical Scheduling (10+ years)
• Laboratory Management (2 years)
• Laboratory Experience (7 years)
• Higher Education Teaching (10+ years)
• Insurance Verification (10+ years)
• Nursing (10+ years)
• Multi-line phone systems (10+ years)
• Medical office experience (10+ years)
• HIPAA (10+ years)
• Epic (5 years)
• Medical Terminology (10+ years)
• Medical Coding (5 years)
• Office Management (10+ years)
• Management (10+ years)
• Medical Billing
• Time management (10+ years)
• Administrative experience (10+ years)
• Microsoft Word
• Public speaking
• Computer literacy (10+ years)
• Managed care (10+ years)
• Medical management
• Customer service
• Supervising Experience
• Data Mining (6 years)
• Transcription (10+ years)
Certifications and Licenses
CPR/First Aid Red Cross Instructor
May 2016 to May 2021
Certified in cpr and aed and first aid also licensed instructor to teach those as well as blood borne pathogen training and certification
Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA)
December 2018 to December 2025
Scheduling — Proficient
Cross-referencing agendas and itineraries to avoid scheduling conflicts. Full results: Proficient
Indeed Assessments provides skills tests that are not indicative of a license or certification, or continued development in any professional field.
• Familiarity with CLIA certification and waivers, completed certification for two separate quality labs.
• Developed and maintained OSHA program for IUSOM clinical offices including MSDS.
• Wound therapy, suture/stable care and removal
• Experience managing individuals in a multitude of areas
• Activities of Daily Living (ADL)
• Quality Patient Care
• Cerner-electronic medical records, electronic billing and scheduling
• Patient Keeper-billing system for IUHP
• IDX-scheduling system
• Careweb-patient electronic medical records
• Prosolv-patient image viewing system
• MUSE-EKG system
• ECG Teaching
• Certification for wound care
• Certification for IVs, Vaccinations
• Languages: Moderate Spanish
• BLS and ACLS certified till November 2015