Concord, NC 28027
Obtain a customer service position with an organization where I can maximize my people -oriented experience, communication and technology skills along with my ability to conduct problem analysis and problem solving.
● Central Michigan University, Mount Pleasant, MI (Masters in Educational Technology)
● Francis Marion University, Florence, SC (Sociology)
● University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC (Information Management Systems) Work Experience
Computer Science Teacher
Cabarrus County school
Title I Instructional Technology Facilitator, Sumter School District, Sumter, SC: August 2015- July 2019
● Evaluated the needs of more than 16 Title I schools to maximize the use of staff professional development.
● Gave high quality feedback after each observation.
● Maintained an accurate equipment inventory for audit purposes using Excel.
● Develop and maintain positive customer relations with staff and service providers
● Use effective customer service skills to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with district personnel, community members, and external companies and agencies in the course of performing assigned duties
● Demonstrate work as a team member and resolve conflicts
● Organize and perform job responsibilities efficiently and independently with minimal direction and supervision; work under pressure and able to pay strict attention to detail. Secondary Business Education Teacher, West Florence High School, Florence, SC: August 2014- June 2015
● Entered grades into a grading system.
● Performed manual data entry for documentation and record-keeping.
● Observed teammates and offer constructive criticism for best practices.
● Monitored absences for make-up work, missed lectures, discussions, group activities, and media presentations using a learning management system.
● Created and managed systems for tracking large amounts of data using Excel. Middle School Business Education Teacher, Kingstree Middle School, Kingstree, SC: August 2012– June, 2014
● Managed and promote positive student behavior.
● Assess, monitor, and inform instruction for student growth.
● organization, time management, and record keeping.
● Ability to operate a computer and the skills to learn and utilize software and other technology in instruction.
● Articulate and implement the Common Core State Standards.
● Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with other professionals in a team setting.
● Ability to interact positively and effectively with parents, students, staff, and administrators. HR Specialist, SC Department of Social Services, Columbia, SC: July 2005 - August 2006
● Preparing or updating employment records related to hiring, transferring, promoting, and terminating
● Explaining human resources policies, procedures, laws, and standards to new and existing employees
● Ensuring new hire paperwork is completed and processed
● Informing job applicants of job duties, responsibilities, benefits, schedules, working conditions, promotion opportunities, etc.
● Addressing any employment relations issues, such as work complaints and harassment allegations
● Processing all personnel action forms and ensuring proper approval
● Overseeing hiring process, which includes coordinating job posts, reviewing resumes, and performing reference checks
Professional and character references available upon request