Amy Madigan, M. Ed.
412-***-**** email@example.com LinkedIn Profile
Educational leader with 19+ years of experience in classroom instruction, curriculum development, instructional design, and teacher training. Core Competencies
● Learning & Development
● Curriculum Development
● Literacy Coaching
● Instructional Design
● Data-Driven Instruction
● Lesson Planning
● Training & Development
● Project Management
● Classroom Instruction
Pittsburgh Public Schools Pittsburgh, PA
7th Grade ELA Teacher August 2006 - Present
● Achieved 100% growth in reading levels for students identified as 2 years below grade level through the design and implementation of personalized learning plans using the Ramp Up Literacy program from America’s Choice.
● Improved reading proficiency by an average of 70 Lexile points for 200+ students by tailoring learning experiences to students’ specific needs, identified through learning style surveys, formative baseline assessments, and the NWEA Map Learning Continuum.
● Out-performed the district average of 55% of students scoring Proficient in on-demand writing, with an impressive total of 81% of students scoring Proficient after implementing the Writers Workshop Method.
● Created more interactive, engaging learning experiences for students by utilizing modern technology in the classroom, including Nearpod, Flipgrid, and Quizizz. Pittsburgh Public Schools Pittsburgh, PA
Curriculum Developer 2006-2020
● Developed quarterly district-wide assessments in alignment with state standardized tests in order to provide students with additional practice on priority standards.
● Transformed the district’s educational approach to a “workshop model” by co-authoring and implementing a new writing curriculum that included customizable tracking systems, mini-lessons, models, and writing rubrics.
● Modernized the English/Language Arts curriculum by revising outdated content to match the new, more-rigorous state standards.
● Digitized educational content for use in remote learning, maintaining a cohesive learning experience despite the disruptions of a global pandemic. Pittsburgh Public Schools Pittsburgh, PA
Literacy Academic Coach August 2017 - June 2021
● Facilitated the transition of the entire district to remote learning at a rapid 2-week pace. 1 of 2
● Trained 30+ teachers to adopt a new Learning Management System (LMS).
● Equipped teachers for remote learning by developing a digital resource library, model lesson plans, and a central communication channel in Microsoft Teams.
● Fostered greater collaboration amongst teachers by developing Professional Learning Communities across grade levels and content teams.
● Supported 10 educators in reaching their Student Learning Outcomes by utilizing Coaching Cycles of Support.
● Improved teacher confidence and performance by conducting professional development sessions on “The Universal Design Learning Method” and “Common Formative Assessments.”
St. James School Wilkinsburg, PA
Pre-Kindergarten/Kindergarten Teacher 2002-2006
Turtle Creek Valley, HH/MR Homestead, PA
Therapeutic Support Staff 2005-2006
University of Pittsburgh Pittsburgh, PA
Master’s of Education December, 2006
John Carroll University Cleveland, OH
Bachelor of Arts May, 2002
Pennsylvania State Elementary Education, Instructional II Pennsylvania State Middle School Language Arts, Instructional II Pennsylvania State Early Childhood Education, Instructional II Pennsylvania State English, 7-12, Instructional II Technical Skills
● Google Drive, One
● Adobe PDF
● Microsoft Office Suite
● Microsoft Teams
2 of 2