*** ****** ** ****** ***** Carolina 27504
Vista at White Oaks- Donaldson Group March 2020-Present/Assistant Manager
Silver Spring, MD 20904 (286 units)
Produced monthly tenant delinquency reports
Handle all compliance certifications, annual recertification’s and Interims
Assisted leasing agents in marking vacant space
Reviewed monthly reports of overdue accounts and assists in collecting overdue payment from tenants
Received and took action on all complaints and service request from tenants in assigned buildings
Assisted property manager in budget preparation and execution, building operations, facility maintenance and repair, tenant relations, and project management
Assisted property manager for preparing policies and implementing those policies
Ensured that all invoices received from the properties are approved, entered and paid within a timely manner
Columbia Heights Village-Winn Management January 2020-July 2020/Assistant Manager
Washington, DC 20002 (406 units)
Provided excellent customer service, maintained resident records
Utilize proven sales techniques by offering and helped residents resolve maintenance issues
Coordinated the apartment make-ready process, leased apartments to prospective residents and managed the sales process from start to finish
Collected rents, secured bank deposits, processed apartment security deposits and managed accurate application files
Responsible for monthly resident retention reporting, maintained the affordable housing internal and external waitlist.
Maintained daily accounting records and handles all ledger corrections and adjustments.
Prepared new resident leasing documents, managed file database and property operations
Submitted delinquency accounts to lawyers, processed Evictions to completion, disposition of closed files
Work closely with Maintenance Service Manager on property issues and vendor management
Consistently met or exceeded sales goals
Worked closely with the General Manager and Compliance Manager to ensure a smooth operating apartment community of 406 units.
Worked closely with onsite security to issue tenant infractions and violations
January 2018- March 2019 Temporary Assignment through staffing agency General Manager Idylwood Towers – Tysons Corner, VA (685 units)
• Trained Management staff, supervised, coached, developed, counsel and review staff to promote professional and performance-based culture.
• Cultivate team atmosphere, collaborative working relationships and effective communications within all departments.
• Assure staffing and property needs are met.
• Relationship Management - Develop and maintain positive relations with prospects, residents, contractors, community and groups and associations.
• Manage all communications and interactions to promote high-quality customer service experiences, resident retention and positive reputation.
• Assures proper documentation as required.
• Maintain complete and accurate property files and records in accordance with established systems and policies. Implement, support, train and encourage new systems and procedures.
• Analyze processes and procedures to ensure optimum efficiency levels.
• Perform routine property inspections and address issues immediately to assure overall property and building integrity, curb appeal, risk management, etc., or include in long-range plans. Oversee all property and building work to assure contractual obligations are met and quality workmanship.
• Establish preventative maintenance programs.
January 2015- September 2017 Assistant Community Director Century Summerfield Apartments, Hyattsville, MD (422 units)
• Managed Leasing Consultants, follow- up with resident complaints, support the Senior Property
Manager in the daily functions of commercial property management
• Assisted in the abstract process for all newly-executed lease documents and review the data
inputted into the designated property management software Yardi within specified deadlines.
• Follow-up and issue resolution, responsible for the preparation and submission of required client financial reporting to the Senior Manager.
• Oversee the reconciliation process (year-end and quarterly water), prepare templates, and
coordinate scheduling with the accounting and property management teams to ensure deadlines
are met. Assist in the review of assigned reconciliations prior to submission to client/tenant
• Monitored Certificates of Insurance and Critical Dates for lease compliance and triggering of lease commencement/rent commencement for assigned portfolio
• Track, maintain, and communicate all expirations, option exercise dates, and other critical
information to the Senior Manager and Director, Lease Administration.
• Assist with reconciling tenant accounts with outstanding balances and work with property
managers and tenants to resolve any disputes as needed
• Provide superior customer service to all clients, tenants, contractors and vendors
• Responsible for monitoring and collecting tenant delinquencies and preparation of late payment
and/or notices as directed by the Senior Property Manager
• Maintain and update tenant, vendor and emergency contact information.
July 2011 – January 2015 Assistant Property Manager, Savannah Heights Apartments-- Washington, DC (232 units)
• Accepted and processed applications by verifying eligibility and suitability for
HUD. Ensure resident files were adequately maintained for HUD and management reviews.
• Organized and maintained waiting and transfer lists.
• Initiate and perform lease agreements, new resident briefings and unit inspections.
• Processed interim and annual certification for changes in household composition/rent calculation.
• Collected rent, processed account balance notices and served evictions.
• Negotiated payment agreements.
• Processed maintenance work requests.
• Processed utility and service billing statements.
• Maintained accounts receivable logs.
• Monitored/maintained property appearance.
• Duties are performed in accordance with federal, state and local laws, applicable regulations and HUD policies and procedures.
August 1990 – May 1991 Prince George's Community College STUDY: Business Management
Manage Leasing Consultants, Marketing / Online Website Office Management; Teambuilding and Supervision; Policies & Procedures Manuals; Report and
Document Preparation; Spreadsheet & Database Creation; Records Management; Meeting and Event
Planning Inventory Management; Customer Service; Time Management; Clerical Aptitude; The
Ability to successfully handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment; Property Management
Yardi, Onesite, Boston Post, Grace Hill Leasing Series 1-4(Certificate) Grace Hill Property Mgmt. Series 1, 2, (Certificate) One HIPPA (Certificate) Residential One Fair Housing (Certificate) Residential One Diversity In the Work Place (Certificate), Microsoft Office Suite
Ms. Chaketa Miles
Century Summerfield Property Manager
Ms. Rosa Griffin
Savannah Heights Regional Manager