Saleem Akhtar Khan
Contact Mobile No.009**-********
Senior Health and Safety Officer
More than 23 years’ experience as Senior Safety Officer in order to utilize my expertise and quality experience to facilitate a career growth. My background and skills in Construction, Shipping industries oil & gas and Warehouse Logistics & Transportation will prove to be an effective match for your firm.
I am certified in NEBOSH (IGC),(NVQ Level 5) IOSH (Industrial Safety, Managing Safely) and IMAT
(Industrial Safety). I have taken several other training in health and safety including Firefighting, First Aid, and ERP, Defensive Driving, HAZCOM and Internal Auditor course, IMS Lead Auditor. Senior HSE Officer in developing and implementing Company policies and procedures in accordance with ISO 9001, 14001 and OSHAS 18001 standards.
• Identify EHS related hazards in daily operational and maintenance activities and advise suitable risk prevention / mitigation measures.
• Preparing Risk assessments and Environmental Aspect Impact assessment reports.
• Monitoring and controlling Contractor activities as per Contractor EHS management systems.
• Plan and organize HSE committee meetings, HSE awareness program and campaigns.
• Conduct routine inspections to check the compliance against company standards and established procedures.
• Gather and provide necessary inputs and assist HSE manager in preparing Monthly HSE reports
• Participate in incident investigations and assist in preparing reports, tracking Corrective & Preventive actions till closure.
• Assist HSE manager in developing and implementing loss prevention strategies.
• Capable of suggesting and improving on safety systems through continuous improvement and be in a position to implement such improvement if endorsed by Terminal Management.
• Co-ordinate and conduct company internal and external audits and training activities for HSE.
• Co-ordinate and conduct emergency preparedness awareness programs and mock drills.
• Assist in maintaining accurate and consistent records in relation to HSE for statistical purposes.
• Perform any other works relating to HSE as directed by the HSE Manager. I worked with companies such as DAEWOO CORPORATION, DESCON ENGINEERING and DRY- DOCKS WORLD DUBAI as Safety Officer. And Agility Logistics and Gulf warehousing Companies worked as Senior HSE Officer
In my career as a safety officer I performed multi task such as internal and external safety audit in line with DNV (Det Norske Varitas) and BSC (British Safety Council) and LRQA (Lloyd Registered Quality Assurance. I successfully applied my skills and knowledge in maintaining the company standard. I performed inspections and monitoring of several equipment. In addition, I conducted safety trainings to all the employees as per company requirement. I also performed accident investigation, finding out root causes and prepared report In addition to this work, I recorded, and analyzed CCP, and prepared reports. I work well as a team member; I am very reliable and organized, and willing to learn.
Worked as a Safety Officer in DESCON ENGINEERING Company Ltd Lahore Pakistan 1996-1997
Worked 10 years in DUBAI DRY-DOCKS WORLD Ship repair Conversion and New Ship Building in Dubai as a Safety Inspector in Fire and Safety Department 1998-2007.
December 2007 to 2010 worked as a Health and Safety Security Environment Officer in Agility Logistics Company in Qatar.
After the merge Agility and GWC; since 1st Jan 2010 to till present working as a Sr. Health and Safety Security Environment Officer in Gulf Warehousing Company in Qatar.
Good knowledge of Language
English / Hindi / Urdu
Good knowledge of Internet
application & Computer (Ms. Word,
Excel and PowerPoint.
Incident / Accident investigation and
Handling of Firefighting Equipment
Developing Safety Procedures
Internal Safety Auditing
CAREER PATH a. Daewoo Motorway Corporation Rabwa Quarry (Chanab Nagger) Pakistan 1993- 1995
Designation: Time Keeper & Clerk
Report to the Project Manager
Assumed Full responsibility status of the Equipments and Manpower
Preparation of the Documents Equipment Purchasing and Maintenance.
Assisting and performing job Operation & Negotiation of Commercial Contracts.
Cooperation of the site workers and Local Buyers b. Descon Engineering Ltd Lahore, Pakistan – 1996-1997 Designation: Safety Officer
Conduct Tool Box talks and maintain record
Monitoring of Safety performance through inspection and audit
Material Handling Safety through training
Risk Assessment and Job Safety Analysis
Accident OR Incident investigation and report preparation.
Maintain HSE Statistics
c. Dubai Dry-docks Ship Repair, Conversion Projects and New Ship Building Dubai. U.A.E.(Dubai Dry-docks World)
Designation: Safety Inspector (24-May-1998- 30-Nov-2007) Job Profile:
Vessel In-charge for Safety work
Handling of Firefighting Equipment
First Aid & Rescue
Fire incident and accident controller
HSE statistics maintain
Monitoring of Safety performance
Material Handling Safety
Internal Safety Auditing
Conducting Fire and Spill Drill
Hot work permit
Painting work permit
Risk Assessment & Hazardous
Attend any Emergency
Accident OR Incident investigation
Working Onboard Oil Tankers, Gas
Careered, Dredgers, Rigs, Diving,
Pipe liner, Bulkheads, Cargo career,
Container career, FPSO & FSO and
Worked at more than 2800 Vessels
in Dubai Dry-docks World.
Mechanical valve open work permit.
Pipe line open work permit.
Confined space entry permit.
Near Miss Report.
d. PWC Logistics New Name (Agility Logistics Company) Doha Qatar. Designation: (HSSE) Health and Safety Security Environment Officer. Worked as a Health & Safety, Security Environment Officer for Transport and Warehouses since 01-December-2007 to 2010.
5. Duty and Responsibilities: HSSEO.
1. Fire Equipment inspection and Inspection Record update (Fire Extinguishers, Fire Hose Reel, Fire Pump, Fire Alarm, Sprinkler System, FM200 Sprinkler System, Smoke and Heat Detector inspections).
2. Responsible of Safety Signs, First Aid Box, PPE. 3. For emergency purpose trained all the staff for Fire Fighting and Fire Drill. 4. Training of Defensive Driving to the Drivers for safe driving and safe operation. 5. Responsible to update Transport and Warehouse incident / Accident tracker . 6. Attend management and Safety committee meeting. 7. Security matters, Duty, Vacation of Security and crimes of labour handling. 8. Accommodation and Warehouses Auditing and inspection. 9. All vehicles, MHE and Gear Lifting inspection
10. Safety Walk Through
11. Near Miss Report
12. Updating HSE statistic.
4.1 GWC (Gulf warehousing Company) Qatar
Currently working as a Senior Health & Safety, Environment Officer Responsible of Transport, Warehouses, LVQ (Logistics Village Qatar), Chemical warehouse RLIC & MIC and all Projects in Ras Laffan Industrial City & Mesaieed Industrial City of Qatar. Since 01-December-2010 till present. Responsibilities:
Responsible for external monthly Safety meeting with clients / (Qatar Petroleum Ras Laffan, Aspire Logistics,)
Responsible for internal monthly safety meeting with departments.
Provide safety and loss prevention information, support to Operations personnel and other clients to ensure the conduct of safe and hygienic work practice.
Responsible and prepared monthly HSE Performance.
Responsible of new hire’s HSE induction.
Responsible to delivering Safety Training to the personnel.
Assist with the development and implementation of safe operating and emergency procedures on projects.
Responsible of Transport & warehouse operation for Safety and responsible for lifting Projects and equipment safety inspections.
Responsible for incident/accident investigations, including near misses, property damage, injuries, occupational illness, Fire / Spills emergencies and Drill.
Responsible monthly inspection of Warehouses and Accommodations.
Responsible of Accident / Incident investigation and to prepare AIR Through Symbian.
Responsible to develop emergency response team and procedure.
Responsible to conduct Emergency Drills as mention below: a. Fire Emergency Drill.
b. Spill Drill
c. Electric Shock Risk Drill.
d. Heat Stress
Keep abreast of new developments, safe working practices, government regulations and relevant international codes of practice.
Responsible of all Vehicles and Projects Safety.
Responsible as internal Auditor and Participated in internal / External Audit as mention below:
Projects handled as mention below:
Projects handled in Rass Laffan and In Mesaieed with relevant company 1
(QP-Qatar Petroleum, 1 (QP-Qatar Petroleum,
Shell GTL Pearl, 2 QAFCO
Qatar Gas Transport Company
4 NDSQ, NKOM, 4 QATALUM
5 RaGas 5 QATAR STEEL
6 Qatar Gas 6 QVC
7 Dolphin Energy 7 QAFAC
6. Training Certificate of Qatar state.
1. KBR Shell RLIC Qatar Safety induction.
2. Rigging Awareness Training Qatar Shell Pearl GTL Project. 3. Safe Working Training Qatar Shell Pearl GTL Project. 4. Safe Environment Fundamental workshop Practice KBR Shell Qatar. 5. RasGas Safety Induction from Venture Gulf Training Center Qatar. 6. RasGas Basic & Signatory Permit to Work from Venture Gulf Training Center Qatar. 7. RasGas H2S/BA Awareness from Venture Gulf Training Center Qatar. 8. Basic Life Support and First Aid Training Hamad International Training Center Doha Qatar.
9. Hazardous material training with Refer 49 CFR part 172: USA (HAZMAT) 10. Basic First Aid Training Venture Gulf Training Center Doha Qatar. 11. ISO 22000:2005 Food Safety Management System (FSMS) Internal Auditors Training. 12. Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) 13. BS OHSAS 18001:2007 Occupational Health and Safety Assessment. 14. Quality Management System ISO 9001:2008 Training. 15. LPS (Loss Prevention System) Training from Exon Mobile. 16. The Leadership and Supervisor Training (ILM – Institute of Leadership and Management QISC).
17. EMS-ISO 14001:2005 Environment Management System Training. 18. Bureau Veritas Rigging Training
19. Land Transportation of Dangerous goods.
20. Awareness Course on ISO 9001: 2015 & ISO 14001: 2015. (COMS). 21. Train the trainer (internal training GWC).
Graduation- From Punjab University- Year of completion 1994, Lahore Pakistan
Microsoft Office – (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point MS Outlook, Dubai UAE.
Technical Safety Courses
The Institute of Management & Technology (IMAT-Industrial Safety) Indian, center Dubai.
IOSH (Industrial Safety) Diploma from Dubai.
NEBOSH UK NEBOSH (International General Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health)
City & Guilds NVQ Level 5 Diploma in Health and Safety 3654-06 TRAINING CERTIFICATE Front – Line Management – Dubai Drydocks, Dubai
Leadership, Foreman’s Role, Foreman’s Checklist, Communication, Planning, Time Management, Motivation, Port Behavior, Positive Work Habit, Delegation, Assertiveness, Practical Exercises.
Creative Training and Presentation Techniques- Dubai Drydocks Dubai Proper Preparation, Assess Training Needs, Communication Skills, Opening and Closing, Motivation, Group strategies, Training Evaluation, Visual aids, Training Styles, Practical Experience.
Fall Arrest Equipment Inspection- Euro link Safety Services, Dubai Lifting Gear Inspection.
Awards and Certificate:
Safe Worker award – Dubai Drydocks, Dubai
Five Years Loyal and dedicated service- Dubai Drydocks, Dubai
General Safety and Basic Fire Fighting – Dubai Drydocks, Dubai
Lifesaver First Aid – Caring for life – St. John Ambulance on Dec.13-2004
Lifesaver First Aid – Caring for life – St. John Ambulance on July.11-2004
Safe Worker – Project Vessel Cossack Pioneer, Woodside Australian Energy.
Safe Worker –SBM Project Vessel KNOCK ADOON, Dubai Drydocks, Dubai.
First Aid for appointed person National Rescue Standard course. First Security Group. PERSONAL DETAIL Nationality: Pakistan
Date of Birth: 19th January 1974
Language known: English / Hindi / Urdu / Punjabi/Arabic PASSPORT DETAILS
Passport No. QC4130451 & Passport Validity 09, June 2020
Passport Issued Place: Doha Qatar.
Visa Status: Residence Visa