MARY MENEZES, PHARMD
Vacaville, CA *****
firstname.lastname@example.org 209-***-**** https://www.linkedin.com/in/mary-menezes-b0a0361b/ PROFILE
Detail-oriented, reliable pharmacist licensed in AZ, CA, HI, AR with 7+ years of experience in high-volume pharmacy settings including mail order, long-term care, inpatient and sterile compounding. Skilled communicator and team player with proven record of providing excellent customer service and proactively resolving clinical issues including drug interactions. Consistently ensures quality and accurate review of prescription orders and thrives in fast-paced environments. CORE COMPETENCIES
• Mail Order Operations
• Drug Utilization Review (DURs)
• Regulatory Compliance
• Customer Service
• Data Entry
• Long-term care
• Therapeutic Interventions
• Non-sterile & Sterile compounding
• USP 795 & 797 Guidelines
Omnicare (CVS), Santa Rosa, CA Dec 2019 – Present
Staff Pharmacist, Long-Term Care
• Serve as a long-term care pharmacist servicing assisted living facilities (ALF) and skilled nursing facilities (SNF) in the Northern San Francisco Bay Area.
• Perform drug utilization reviews (DUR) and provide accurate and timely clinical responses to drug information questions to ensure therapeutic appropriateness, cost-effectiveness, accuracy, and safety.
• Verify patient prescriptions with accuracy and resolve drug interactions and clinical issues during pharmacist verification (PV1).
• Supervise and support 13 technicians during order entry and medication packaging processes.
• Provide excellent customer service to patients, healthcare professionals, and internal customers. PostMeds, Inc./Truepill, Hayward, CA Nov 2019 – Jan 2022 Per Diem Pharmacist, Mail Order
• Serve as a mail order pharmacist for a national mail order pharmacy with an estimated volume of 15,000 prescriptions per day.
• Verify prescription orders and perform prospective DUR within a high volume, fast-paced environment.
• Substitute generic drugs whenever possible and appropriate to optimize cost-savings for patients.
• Supervise and support 40 technicians during order entry and product dispensing processes. Mercy San Juan Medical Center, Carmichael, CA Nov 2018 – Sept 2019 IV Room Pharmacist, Inpatient Staff Pharmacist
• Ensured timely processing and delivery of medications to inpatient patients within a 370-bed hospital and its associated outpatient infusion and surgery centers.
• Assessed and tracked patient dosing regimens to ensure safety including drug-drug interactions and renal dosing.
• Collaborated and effectively communicated with physicians, nurses, and other allied health professionals to resolve drug issues.
• Ensured compliance with USP 797 guidelines, clean room competency assessments, aseptic technique, glove fingertip test, proper gowning and media fills.
• Supervised 10-12 pharmacy technicians and resolved immediate medical emergencies, including calls for patients in severe pain. Jefferson Regional Medical Center, Pine Bluff, AR July 2017 – Aug 2018 Inpatient Staff Pharmacist, PRN
• Oversaw inpatient pharmacy operations including verifying orders, compounding sterile admixtures, supervising pharmacy technicians, and resolving patient or drug therapy issues.
• Provide therapeutic interventions for drug therapy problems identified.
• Prepared chemotherapy IVs using sterile compounding techniques and proper gowning and clean room procedures.
• Adhered to operational and regulatory standards including USP 797, clean room competency assessments, aseptic technique, glove fingertip tests, proper gowning, and media fills. 2
SCA Pharma, Little Rock, AR Oct 2016 – July 2018
IV Room Pharmacist, FDA registered 503B Outsourcing Facility
• Oversaw 6-12 clean room compounding technicians to ensure accurate and timely order entry, compounding, packaging, and distribution of drugs in a high volume, fast-paced environment.
• Verified compounding steps performed by techs and ensured accuracy of pharmaceutical calculations.
• Performed sterile and non-sterile compounding and reviewed batch records.
• Utilized extensive knowledge of USP 797 and certification in gowning and media fill to compound sterile IV admixtures. Allcare Pharmacy, Arkadelphia, AR May 2014 – Aug 2018 Staff Pharmacist, Long-Term Care
• Served as a long-term care pharmacist for a facility that processed 4,000 – 5,000 prescriptions per day for SNFs across the state of Arkansas.
• Oversaw compounding department and performed sterile and all non-sterile compounding in compliance with USP 795 & 797 guidelines.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
Pharmacist License #S025726, Arizona Board of Pharmacy Pharmacist License #78545, California Board of Pharmacy Pharmacist License #PH4050, Hawaii Board of Pharmacy Pharmacist License #PD12850, Arkansas Board of Pharmacy Basic Life Support, American Heart Association
Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Certificate, American Pharmacists Association Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate, American Pharmacists Association EDUCATION
Doctor of Pharmacy (2014), Harding University-College of Pharmacy Bachelor of Science in Nutrition Science (2010), University of California-Davis Associate of Arts in Printing Technology (1999), San Joaquin Delta College TECHNICAL SKILLS
Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), PioneerRx, Cerner, Allscripts