• Brooklyn, New York •email@example.com • 470-***-**** •https://www.linkedin.com/in/himanshugoel25/ •https://github.com/Goel-Himanshu EDUCATION
New York University, New York
Master of Science — Computer Engineering (CE) Dec 2022 Relevant Courses: Introduction to Machine Learning, Introduction to Java, Principles of Database Systems, Applied Matrix Theory SRM Institute of Science and Technology, India
Bachelor of Technology — Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE) May 2019 TECHNICAL SKILLS
Certiﬁcations: Python, Tableau
Programming Languages: Python, SQL, Java, Tableau, R. Databases: MySQL, Oracle SQL
Concepts: Data Modeling, Data Warehousing, ETL
Packages and Libraries: Numpy, Pandas, Seaborn, Matplotlib, Scikit-Learn. Algorithms: XGBoost, Kernel PCA, Linear Discriminant Analysis, Principal Component Analysis, CNN, NLP, Thompson Sampling, UCB, Eclat, Apriori Tools / Platforms: Atmel Studio, Arduino IDE, Google Colab, Microsoft Ofﬁce, bubble.io PROJECTS
Machine Learning Projects (Python, Machine Learning) Dec 2021—Feb 2022
• Predicting Crime Rate in a City
• Used Facebook Prophet to predict time series prediction and examined data seasonality across years and months.
• Developed a model with various factors involved in the Crime Rate of Chicago and plotted future trends, with an accuracy of 90%.
• Trafﬁc Sign Classiﬁcation
• Used CNN (LE-NET network) to classify trafﬁc signs for self-driving cars using Keras API.
• Trained the model on the dataset and obtained an accuracy of more than 92%.
• Email Spam Filter
• Used Naive Bayes classiﬁer to build SMS Spam Classiﬁer.
• Applied Feature Extraction technique to the dataset and NLP to segregate spam emails and improved the efﬁcacy of the system with an accuracy of 87%.
• YELP Reviews
• Used Natural Language Processing to analyze the overall satisfaction of the consumer for any type of service.
• Used time series analysis to understand the rating routines of customers over time.
• Movie Recommender System
• Used an Item-based collaborative ﬁlter to build a model from the user’s past behavior, and reached an accuracy of 93.5%.
• Visualized the model using to analyze the genre which is famous in different age groups and different regions. Sales Forecast Model (Python, Machine Learning) May—May 2021
• Developed a sales forecasting model which predicts future trends of customers based on their estimated salary and age.
• Achieved an accuracy of more than 90% for a given business model using Random Forest Classiﬁer. A Dual Mode Controlled Wheelchair - Eye and Voice (Python, Machine Learning) Jan — May 2019
• Assembled a wheelchair that operates on eye movement and voice using Embedded System and implemented the Matlab software to track eye movement.
• The device can also detect a fall and notify the concerned personnel in case of an emergency and created a program that sends the coordinates of the wheelchair. IoT Based Smart Stove with Protection Devices Mar—May 2018
• Constructed a system to plummet gas (Liqueﬁed petroleum gas) leakage using the Internet of Things (IoT) and Embedded Systems.
• It also involves a smoke detection mechanism and an exhaust fan that sucks out the gas/smoke when produced. EXPERIENCE
Intern, Eveready Industries India Limited; Noida, India June — Jul 2018
• Administrated the management department by posting announcements on the website and resolving technical issues with the concerned personnel and led a team of 50 interns dedicated to improving the safety measures inside the power plant.
• Advocated modiﬁcations to processes and procedures and contributed to the new design and implementation of new testing methods. Intern, Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited; Haridwar, India (PLC, SCADA) Dec 2017 — Jan 2018
• Led 40 interns and implemented PLC and HMI which increased the total efﬁciency of the plant by 13%.
• Resolved general IT issues, provided desk support, and performed general administrative work. Intern, NTPC Limited; Noida, India (PLC ) June—June 2016
• Supervised the 55 summer interns and helped to increased efﬁciency by interfacing electronic devices with AVR.
• Advised interns and mediated effective communication between the management and employees. LEADERSHIP AND EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
• Member, Tandon Consulting Club; New York University, New York November 2020 — Present
• Marketing Assistant, Graduate Indian Student Association October 2021 — Present
• Graduate Orientation Leader, Ofﬁce of Student Activities & Resource Center August 2021