Rocky Mount, VA *****
Obtain a position that utilizes my organizational and leadership skills.
Ability to work independently, supervisor skills
Care manager RN hospice
Good Samaritan Hospice - Roanoke, VA
October 2018 to Present
Responsible for day to day needs of patient and families in hospice setting
• Supervise and manage hospice aids
• Assure effective interaction with residents and families.
• Collaborate with various department managers to promote positive inter- departmental relations.
• Provide educational training to patients and families
• Implement plan of care for patients needs
• Triage needs as they arise
• Monitor effectiveness of medications and interventions
• Reassure patients and families of hospice and goals
RN MDS Coordinator
Pheasant Ridge Nursing and Rehab - Roanoke, VA
September 2017 to October 2018
• Responsible for keeping meds up to date
• Case manager, authorization with insurance companies
• Reviewed charts to complete mds
• Education to staff to for pain and undoing needs to complete meds
• Meetings, morning, wound, and fall meeting
• Work in tight timeframe to get meds completely appropriately and timely
• Ability to work independently
• Supervised LPN meds coordinator
2013 to December 2013
coverage in multiple Carilion Family Practices.
-Practice's including; ortho, gyn, OB, peds, neuro, cardio, and pulmonary
Assistant Director of Nursing
Pheasant Ridge Nursing and Rehabilitation - Roanoke, VA
June 2007 to February 2008
Acts as a liaison between the Director of Nursing and the nursing staff.
-Development and achievement of nursing goals and objectives.
-Provide educational training to nursing staff.
-Supervise and manage 58 bed skilled nursing unit.
-Assure effective interaction with residents and families.
-Collaborate with various department heads to promote positive
- Assist with scheduling and staffing pattern as needed.
-Perform other duties as assigned.
Staff Development Coordinator, infection control nurse, educational trainer for CNA and new hires
Franklin Health and Rehabilitation Center - Rocky Mount, VA
August 2004 to June 2007
Responsible for new hires, patients, and family eduction
• Oriented new hires and provided ongoing relias trining
• Assist in the implementation of care plans for each resident.
• Monitor infection in building
• Responsible for all new hires vaccination records
• Hiring and training of CNA class
• Role in morning meeting to collaborate with team members
• Responsible for quarterly meetings quality assurance
• Responsible for assisting nurses with questions
• Monthly and ongoing education for all employees
Patrick Henry Community College
Carilion School of Nursing - Roanoke, VA
• Primary Care Experience (10+ years)
• Nursing (10+ years)
• Triage (4 years)
• EMR Systems (10+ years)
• Experience Administering Injections (10+ years)
• Laboratory Experience (10+ years)
• Critical Care Experience (10+ years)
• Medication Administration (10+ years)
• Vital Signs (10+ years)
• Epic (10+ years)
• Hospice Care
• Infection Control Training