Peter Randy Abua
**, ****** ******, **** ****, Calabar, Cross Rivers.
Dedicated Safety specialist with over 6 years’ experience employing process mapping, Kaizen, and Six Sigma approaches to improve efficiency and productivity. Experienced across inventory management, transportation management, procurement, logistics, warehouse management, and analysis in the manufacturing, transportation and FMCG industries. Looking to provide sophisticated solutions to contemporary business and management challenges.
Feb 2022 -Till date
Vehicle Standard Inspector Integrated Automotive Services Ltd(IASL)
Carry out the inspections for all classes of vehicles, including voluntary initiative inspections as required and prepare relevant reports.
Ensure quality of repair works are carried out on vehicles to guarantee availability and Inspect repairs on vehicles or equipment to ensure that repair work was performed properly.
Support investigation to ascertain drivers’ involvement in asset damages.
Carry out a wide range of mechanical safety inspections of all IASL-owned and operated road vehicles and other vehicles as required to enforce compliance with applicable Federal, State laws, and IASL policies and standards.
Obtain assurance and confirmation from drivers that their trucks related complaints are well resolved before they are released on trips
Inspect vehicles or equipment to ensure compliance with policies, rules, procedures, standards, or regulations before they embark on a trip.
Inspect equipment such as batteries, FM systems, etc. for evidence of abuse, damage, or mechanical malfunction.
Issue notices and recommend corrective actions when infractions or problems are found.
Participate to investigate incidents or violations, such as delays, accidents, and equipment failures to improve learnings from incident. Investigate and make recommendations based on vehicle inspection report. December 2021— Feb (Contract)
Safety Manager Monurent Equipment and service Solution(Mining and Construction(Lafarge)
Monitoring current and potential health and safety risks and hazards in the workplace, participating in corporate- level hazard assessments, and developing and approving controls for identified hazards
Keeping up to date with legislative and industry developments and keeping the health and safety program up to date
Monitoring and addressing compliance with all health and safety legislation
Creating, circulating, and enforcing a hazard assessment process, accident investigation procedures, as well as other health and safety policies, practices, and procedures
Leading or participating in the investigation of workplace accidents and non-compliance
Recommending and approving corrective actions after incidents or as a result of identified non-compliance
Tracking incident metrics and identifying trends
Ensuring the competition of various health and safety reports for internal and external clients
Providing advice and direction to employees and management on how to minimize or ultimately avoid risks and hazards in the workplace
Offering general health and safety advice to all employees
Providing first aid to injured employees and managing emergency response when an employee's injury severity exceeds first aid
Monitoring and managing worker compensation claims, focusing on early return to work
Managing prescribed emergency procedures, such as fire drills and scope specific emergency tests
Identifying appropriate health and safety training for different hierarchical levels and ensuring all employees have adequate training for the job at hand
Delivering health and safety training and presentations, including new hire orientations
Organizing safety meetings
Field Operations Customer Support Audit/Internal Control Strategic & Operational Risk Project Management & Risk Inventory Management Procurement/Expediting Warehouse Management Process/Data Analysis Transportation Management Vendor Management January 2021— December 2021(11 Months)
Regional Logistics Safety Manager Joza Global Logistics.
● Well vested in accident investigation to get the Root Cause and cascade the key lesson to the entire employees
● Expertise in mix-telematics software to track trucks and to also manage the violation of drivers
● Well vested in the HOS rules and in driving down violations in accordance to LAP rules
● Development of Annual HSE training plan
● Maximally utilized the company’s fleet from 45% to 72%. Ensured that both driver and other fleet operatives adhered strictly to company policy. Developed a journey management plan.
● Supervised proper fleet management processes of over 300 heavy-duty vehicles. Prepared transport operation budget periodically and presented weekly reports for the group weekly management meeting.
● Well Vest in Route Hazard Mapping(RHM).
● Well vested in site and risk assessment
● Maintained the daily vehicle movement schedule and records and assigning of all mechanical transport as required. Ensured the provision of a daily movement schedule by the close of business the previous day. This includes the scheduling of on-call night and weekend drivers if necessary.
● Drove a road safety initiative that helps the region to deliver on safety KPI. Monitored driver’s performance and enforced consequence management.
● Implemented policies, protocols and procedures related to the safe implementation of program activities. Supervised the VIOs to ensure a thorough inspection was done and all faults are fixed before a truck proceeded for loading.
● Assisted the Logistics Manager to assess all drivers’ skills and conducting driver training. This includes making recommendations to terminate drivers if necessary.
● Ensured that all vehicles had log books, and that all drivers or staff with driving privileges were filling them every journey.
● Compiled regular fuel consumption reports and monthly vehicle utilization analysis, and sent to the Logistics Manager on a monthly basis.
● Conducted quarterly review with logistics safety service providers/vendors. Reviewed transporters safety performance with regional logistics team against set targets.
● Led accident and investigation proceedings in the event of an incident or accident. Conducted safety pre-qualification assessment for prospective transporters. Organized periodic road safety awareness programs with stakeholders. April 2017— JULY 2020
Logistics Safety Officer Lafarge/MDS.
● Induction of new drivers into Lafarge logistics Safety department.
● Training of drivers and development of a training plan to serve as a training schedule .
● Expertise on Mix telematics and tracking of trucks.
● Violation management
● Consequence Management as regards who violates and compensates those who keeps to the laid down safety rules and regulations.
● Weekly and monthly presentation of HSE performance to the management.
● Expertise in spot checks and reporting.
● Well vest in Preventive maintenance schedule for all trucks to avoid sudden highway breakdown of trucks
● Monitor the expiration date and training date of all drivers to avoid expiration required to justify the recommendations made in the report. OCTOBER 2016— April 2018
Dispatch Manager Kobo360 Logistics.
● Oversaw, managed and deployed motivational techniques to a team of over 100 drivers in the field, which increased efficiency by 100%. Ensured 95% capacity optimization, throughput and stock availability through effective demand planning process.
● Developed, implemented, managed and optimized the supply chain strategy to cater for shipment, delivery and return of products ensuring processes were efficient, cost effective, data-driven, sustainable and scalable.
● Collaborated on general ground operations, called and interacted with driver's and managed over 32 drivers.
● Performed cargo readiness verification and consistently communicated with other departments.
● Collated records of truck loading, tracked vehicle journey, created and distributed loading orders and accounted for traffic management.
● Evaluated supplies and product inventory to check for quality and quantity issues and returned unacceptable materials to vendors to obtain replacements or refunds. OCTOBER 2016— APRIL 2017
● Supported construction crews by visiting project sites and assessing working conditions. Identified safety related issues and risks on project sites.
● Previewed projects and project sites before work began to determine safety related risks. Visited active project sitesto assess ongoing work conditions to ensure compliance.
● Worked with project management teams and field workers to develop and implement solutions to safety related issues on project sites.
● Maintained safety related paperwork including OSHA 300 logs and safety training certifications including OSHA OTI.
● Trained company employees on safe work practices. Disciplined employees and subcontractors who fail to comply with minimum safety standards.
NOVEMBER 2014— NOVEMBER 2015
Teacher (NYSC) Owerre Obukpa Secondary School.
● Taught data processing, music, computer and English language to SS1 – SS3 students.
● Prepared the senior students in year three for the West African Senior School Examinations (WASSCE) and Joint Matriculation Examinations (JAMB) in the English Language subject.
● Prepared a detailed lesson note for the subjects and assessed the students’ knowledge on the subject through test assessment, class work, frequent question and school Examination.
● Secured and maintained a healthy relationship with students, parents, staff, authorities, external auditors, and vendors.
2012 BSc. Computer Science — Cross Rivers University of Technology, Calabar. Project: Design and Implementation Online Staff Promotion. Certifications/Trainings
2021 ISO 45001 Occupational Health and Safety — International Organization for Standardization. 2021 ISO 9001 Occupational Health and Safety — International Organization for Standardization 2021 Basic Fire Fighting — Nigerian Ports Authority. 2020 IGC1 and IGC2 — National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH).2020 2020 Member — Institute of Safety Professionals of Nigerian (MISPN). 2018 GHSE (General Health Safety and Environment) — Institute of Safety Professionals of Nigeria (ISPON).2018 HSE Competence (Supervision) Level 3 — Institute of Safety Professionals of Nigeria (ISPON). 2018 Road Patrol Management Safety Training Certification — Federal Road Safety/Lafarge Logistics Safety Department. Volunteer Experience
2015 President, NYSC Drug Free Club — National Drug Law Enforcement Agency. Interests and Hobbies
Reading Solving Puzzles Music Networking