Cell: 312-***-**** firstname.lastname@example.org
MARKETING Skilled in marketing and implementing financial products and services to the public, educating individuals and groups on features and benefits, conducting presentations, generating forecasts and projections, teaching and training, meeting with decision-makers and VIP clients, and following a proven system that is suitable for new recruits.
EXPERTISE Maintain accountability for athletic and conditioning program activities, provide instruction in techniques, organize practices, provide individual and group coaching, determine skill and fitness levels, and oversee strength and conditioning regimens. Manage programs to improve strength, physique, and stamina, as well as demonstrate proper use of exercise equipment.
REPUTATION Consistently recognized by professional and NCAA athletes, team managers, university and youth coaches, corporate management, organizational staff, community and civic leaders, VIP clients, and colleagues for upbeat work ethic, role-model leadership style, expertise in strength and conditioning systems, and the ability to organize successful programs with measurable results.
Personal Trainer / Group Fitness Coach 7/2014 to Present
EQUINOX HEALTH CLUB; CHICAGO, ILLINOIS
• Promoted 3 Tier levels (Tier 3Plus) within an 18 month time period
• Provide personalized attention, professional instruction, and exercise programming to members to maximize the member’s health, fitness, wellness goals, & over-all club experience
• Build & retain client base through conducting cold calling, special events, fitness assessments and demonstrating the value of personal training, including safe and proper exercise techniques.
• Prepare and deliver comprehensive fitness programs based on and considering clients’goals, needs, & physical limitations.
• Motivate and inspire clients to get results through goal setting, frequent follow-up, and re-assessments to measure progress.
Co-Owner / Head Strength & Conditioning Coach 02/2011 to 05/2014
HARD PRESSED; CHICAGO, ILLINOIS
• Consulted individuals & groups regarding their over-all physical fitness objective
• Sold training packages appropriate to customers goals & scheduling preferences
• Trained and engaged individuals with a high intense philosophy of strength training and conditioning.
• Established and wrote company manual to enforce company policies and exercise protocol for all staff.
• Designed programs and workouts aligned with the goals and needs of clients
• Established and managed new hire protocol and interview process
• Conducted trainer development for interns & new strength coaches to adapt to company program & system
• Assisted with managing the maintenance, supply & retail inventory, and over all function of facility
Strength & Conditioning Assistant Coach (Football) 03/2009 to 02/2011
UNIVERSITY of FLORIDA; Gainesville, Florida
• Responsible for daily set up & preparation for weight room training and cardiovascular conditioning workouts, organized and delegated weight room & workout tasks to interns, and coached workout stations consisting of groups of 8-12 athletes, using a compilation of exercises. Oversaw off-season coaching and training for members of the defensive backfield, implemented position-specific drills & techniques, as well as designed and orchestrated training programs for 25 under-developed athletes.
• Organized and instructed a strength & conditioning camp for athletes in Ivory Coast Africa (March 2010) as part of a missions trip with a sports ministry called Athletes In Action. Conducted morning and afternoon training sessions with groups ranging from 20 to 30 athletes.
Fitness Manager & Trainer 8/2008 to 3/2009
BALLY TOTAL FITNESS; Charlotte, North Carolina
• Educated and consulted potential clients concerning their health & fitness goals, held weekly staff development meetings to review company systems, established personal & team-related goals, and evaluated overall production of the training department.
• Trained & mentored clients of various ages and backgrounds to reach their fitness goals, interviewed and hired personal trainer candidates, and achieved company personal training quotas through an effective exposure and sales’ process with potential clients.
Account Executive 10/2007 to 8/2008
FIRST DATA MERCHANT SERVICES; Charlotte, North Carolina / Irvine, California
• Represented First Data Merchant Services as a Charlotte, NC territory account executive. Merchant Services is the leading Primary Processor in the bank card industry supporting companies such as Nordstrom’s, Home Depot, and FedEx/Kinko’s.
• Conducted cold-calling, networking, and marketing to obtain leads, evaluated credit card processing statements, developed program comparisons, gave one-on-one presentations and group talks, prepared merchant paperwork, and ensured that all corporate ethics and sales procedures were followed.
Professional Football Player 3/2003 to 3/2006
NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE; Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania / Englewood, Colorado / Berea, Ohio
Signed and allocated by the PITTSBURGH STEELERS to the AMSTERDAM ADMIRALS, contributing to the NFL Europe World Bowl championship win in Dusseldorf, Germany (June 2005). Selected to “All NFL Europe League” as an Outstanding Performer in 2005.
• Defensive Back for the DENVER BRONCOS (2004).
• Defensive Back for the CLEVELAND BROWNS (2003).
• Utilize video to analyze opponent tendencies, and translate knowledge gained from video to on-field performance.
• Required efficiency in making adjustments in critical situations and proficiency with communication in accomplishing specific tasks. Versed in multitasking and time management.
UNIVERSITY OF NOTRE DAME; Notre Dame, Indiana
Bachelor of Arts Degree
Major: Film, Television and Theater. Minor: Computer Applications
• 4-year Varsity Football Team letter winner
• Football Team spokesman: Leadership Council (conducted team and unit meetings to address problems or situations that needed to be resolved, represented team as a whole)
• Participated in “Fiesta Bowl” championship appearance.
• Anchor for Nation’s Ford Community Church Ministry for “Community Focus” Broadcasts
• Fellowship of Christian Athletes Speaker for Youth Outreach & Public Relations Events
• Performed lead acting roles in Drama Ministry Productions in Charlotte NC & Chicago IL.