DAWN L. NANN
Repatriated, gregarious, detail oriented administrative professional who wishes to become a contributing team member for a progressive organization. Highly engaged and possess passion for helping others. Adept at multi-tasking and have hands on experience with computer hardware and software.Seeking an opportunity that offers professional development and utilizes my keen analytical and problem-solving abilities.
Administrative and Financial Experience
International Club JFC Lago Patria
President August 2020 to August 2021
● Responsible for ensuring that the Club abides by the JFCNP Club Constitution and is run in accordance with the Club’s Standard Operating Instructions, reviewing both annually.
● Authorized co-signatory on the financial account with the Treasurer, on behalf of the Club. In the absence of the President or the Treasurer, the Vice President shall be the authorized co- signatory
● Provided an annual Club Business Plan to MWA prior to the start of the new financial year.
● Presided over the IC Executive Board which includes: the Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer and Publicity Officer in addition to the non-voting Board members: Membership, Travel and Tours and the Webmaster.
● Chaired all regular and special meetings of the IC Executive Board and IC Committee and shall be required to represent the Club at all meetings of the MWA Club and the JFCNP Command Group.
● Along with the IC Board, shall approve all Club activities, sub-committees, and clubs. Secretary - August 2019 - August 2020
● Organized meetings to :include booking the meeting room, drafting the agenda, taking and distributing minutes and following up on outstanding issues.
● Maintained an up-to-date email list of all Full and Associate IC Members.
● Responsible, along with the remaining voting Executive Board members to review the Club’s Constitution and Standard Operating Procedures on an Annual Basis.
● Maintained the permanent records of the Club.
● Communicated notices to the IC Membership through the IC Committee Country Representatives via email and social media.
● Ensured that the stationery and printing supplies are ordered and available in the IC offices. Trips & Tours Coordinator - August 2018 - August 2019
● Worked in partnership with the General Board and membership to develop ideas for trips.
● Organized trips from idea inception to event reality including researching venues, restaurants, museums, wineries, factories, guides, etc. collecting costs, hours, and other information about what the venue offers and to develop a budget that will break even with the costs associated with the event.
● Arranged for appropriate transportation to events through coordination with MWA.
● Worked with Publicity to advertise activities to generate interest including flyers, the Webpage and the Club’s Facebook page. Conduct two to three sign ups prior to each event at the JFC Base to collect money and determine a final count of attendees.
● Kept track of expenses and money received and provide a written report after each event to the Treasurer.
● Chaperoned and led each event in person on the day of the event. Office Assistant I
August 2003 to July 2004
Kelly Engineering Resources
Newport News Shipbuilding, Newport News, VA
● Performed a variety of activities in support of functional areas such as finance, purchasing, and human resources for specific projects/businesses/technical units.
● Gathered, collected, recorded, tracked, and verified data and information from multiple sources Accounting Assistant/Account Payable Clerk. August 1998 to July 2003 Eastern Aluminum of VA, Hampton, VA
● Processed payments and documents such as invoices, journal vouchers, employee reimbursements, and statements.
● Calculated rates paid for purchases and all price extensions.
● Verified items billed against items ordered and received and reconciled differences through follow-up with the vendor and/or other employees.
● Entered, updated, and/or retrieved accounting data from automated systems.
● Posted financial data to appropriate accounts in an automated accounting system, according to instructions.
● Retrieved system reports and assigned codes to data.
● Endorsed warrants or money orders, prepared account deposit ticket, and deposited money as directed.
Managerial and Consulting Experience
Office Manager February 1997 to
Tidewater Staffing, Newport News Area
● Maintained office services by organizing office operations and procedures; preparing payroll; controlled correspondence; designed filing systems; review and approve supply requisitions; assigned and monitoring clerical functions.
Travel Consultant May
1986 to December 1997
SATO Travel, Gillivers Travels, Hampton Roads Virginia Area/Arizona/South Carolina
● Provided literature and information to clients concerning local, interstate, and international tours, travel routes, accommodation, local customs, fares, and travel regulations.
● Discussed client requirements and advise on suitable options.
● Planned, prepare and cost itineraries (travel plans) for clients. DOD and Technical Experience:
Electrical Designer III, Quality Control & Liaison July 2004 to June 2017 Newport News Shipbuilding, Newport News, VA
● Gathered information, managed, and install designs for electrical systems for the Gerald R.
● Ford-class aircraft carrier per U.S. Defense Department standards.
● Ensured that all new team members are effectively trained in all aspects of electrical design pertaining to their daily responsibilities, and to follow Defense Department standard procedures. Maintain 100% trained personnel to include and not limited to any required additional skill identifier (ASI).
● Ensured through inspection that all team products are 100% compliant with ISO 9001 standards, and are delivered on time according to published schedules, standards, and milestones. Maintain quality metrics in accordance with (IAW) Northrop Grumman Mission System ISO 9001 standards and procedures for quality audits and quality control annually, preventing failure and defects in the development process
● Utilized computer-aided design equipment and/or graphic tools such as, DMU, AutoCAD, NX, and CATIA.
● Coordinated design criteria with engineering, manufacturing, and planning groups to meet Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA) contract specifications
● Streamlined department operations, reducing the Start-to-Finish-time for all activities by 20% monthly. This alleviates the requirement to Crash or Fast track deliverables; significantly improving company cost, schedule, and performance objectives
● Coordinated and maintained the Exchange of Information concerning projects between shipyard trades and electrical engineers.
● Successfully completed
● Dale Carnegie Certificate of Effective Communications and Human Relations Software: CATIA, Digital Mockup (DMU), SAP, AutoCAD, NX, Cognos, Sabre, Apollo, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook EDUCATION
Tucson High School, Tucson AZ June 1984