Solid ** years of progressive Technical, hands-on work experience in a manufacturing company that held a quality management system certification such as ISO; QA/QC experience in ISO 22000-2005, ISO 9001 ISO 13485 certified facility, and confectionery or food plant
email@example.com Phone: +265-*********
Expertise is in the areas of:
• Food Safety
• Six Sigma
• Root Cause Analysis
• CGMP, GHK, GLP
• Process Control
• Continuous improvement
• Risk assessments
• Execution of Validation Master Plans (VMP)
Quality Head QA-QC Jan 2020 - Present
Sunseed Oil (Pvt). Ltd. (Malawi, East Africa) 1 Year 10 Months Leading Food Safety and QC Activities
• Lead continuous improvement initiatives to challenge the quality systems processes with respect to compliance / value add.
• Ensure compliance with all regulatory and customer requirements for both food and supplements including any special regulations/certifications such as organic, internal and Kosher.
• Ensure the facility is audit-ready every day.
• Establish and develop quality systems, procedures and policies in line with corporate and customer requirements.
• Responsible for leading and developing a dedicated team of professionals in order to support the compliant operations within the associated business unit.
• Interface with customers to ensure concerns/complaints are communicated and effective corrective and preventive actions are implemented in a timely manner.
• Monthly and quarterly reporting of Quality Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) both internally and to corporate including the coordination of necessary activities to drive improvements or address adverse trends. Auditing and Continuous Improvement
• Seek ways to continuously improve the Food Safety and Quality Programs.
• Perform documentation and process audits to ensure compliance with stated procedures.
• Conduct regular audits of the food security plan and monthly food safety audits with cross-functional team.
• Develop and conduct employee training programs for key elements of manufacturing.
• Perform mock recalls.
Supervising QC Activities
• Review incoming materials for acceptance against standards.
• Conduct daily GMP audits and product sampling & monitor plant sanitation.
• Review process control data, HOLDS and disposition of product.
• Review labels for accuracy, compliance with labeling laws. Senior Microbiologist Apr 2018- Jan 2020
United Breweries Ltd. (Karnataka, India) 1 Year 9 Months
• Managed Lab staff (up to 3 scientists) by organizing them, distributing workloads and supervising their progression.
• Supervised departmental teams by providing support with resolving quality related issues, managing laboratory operations and supporting other departments
• Planning and conduction research projects and proficiency testing (PT)
• Building the core team capabilities in terms of GMP, Sanitation process mapping, Quality matrix, 5s standards with great achievements.
• Responsible for keeping Quality Assurance system (ISO 22000) accurate documentation and proposing ways of improvement
• Currently handling the role of QCMS and Food Safety Coordinator beside the Microbiological Lab.
• Management of stock supplies and orders, maintenance and calibration of laboratory equipment, general housekeeping.
• Designed a relational database to monitor fermentation metrics and sensory panel results
• Developed and implemented procedure and stream-lined on intermediates and finished products
• Reviewed laboratory data for accuracy and compliance
• Developed weekly work schedule for department
Quality Control Officer Oct 2014 - Mar 2018
Moksha Foods & Beverages (P). Ltd. (Tamil Nadu, India) 3 years 6 months
• Maintained a high standard of performance in ensuring the timely completion of release testing to meet KPI.
• Held full accountability for the review and approval of laboratory investigations, Microbiological release testing of raw material and finished products.
• Coordinated and supported validation activities required for departmental and site projects.
• Played an integral role in internal, regulatory, and corporate audits.
• Performed annual performance reviews and managed the full life cycle recruitment of new staff. Quality Controller Oct 2012 - Oct 2014
Forsan Foods and Consumer Products Company Ltd. (Riyadh, Saudi Arabia) 2 years 1 month
• Food safety and Sanitation verification programs i.e., Incoming material, Environmental Monitoring, water, FG verification testing, Pest Control Program for the site with excellent achievements gained to the continuous improvements to the system.
• Responsible for managing and maintaining the Bacteriology, Indoor Air Quality, Food and BOD laboratories as per ISO 2200 and BRC standards.
• Experience in qualitative and qualitative microbiological testing in food and water sample (BAM Methods) and in following and developing other Standard Operating Procedures
• Generated certificate of analysis for the customers and contacted them with their analysis results
• Trouble shooting with production department on contamination issues and yield data
• Ensure microbiological quality of finished products Quality Controller - Microbiologist Sep 2010 - Sep 2012 Triton Aquatic Industries (Tamil Nadu, India) 2 years 1 month
• Designed, implemented and revised standard operating procedures to ensure the compliance with best practices of sampling and testing
• Performed routine laboratory testing of raw water, processed environmental monitoring samples and finished products
• Led Out-of-Specification investigations and created Corrective and Preventive Actions that reduced future occurrences
• Ensured Health and Safety requirements are met.
Bharatiar University, Coimbatore
Master's Degree, Masters of Philosophy in Microbiology, First Microbiology
Bharatiar University, Coimbatore
Master's Degree, Microbiology, General
Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.), Industrial Microbiology Industrial microbiology
10TH, High School/Secondary Diplomas and Certificates Class 10
2009 - 2011
2006 - 2008
2003 – 2006
1995 - 2001
• Laboratory Skills and Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) – (10 + years)
• Managing and leading teams towards high performance– (10 + years)
• Quality Assurance, Quality Control– (10 + years)
• Food Microbiology– (10 + years)
• Quality Management– (10 + years)
• Strong leadership skills with the ability to facilitate and influence direction– (10 + years)
• Food Safety– (10 + years)
• Planning and organizing– (10 + years)
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, QA applications and databases– (10 + years)
• BRC– (10 + years)
• ISO 9001– (10 + years)
• ISO 22000– (10 + years)
• ISO 13485– (10 + years)
• Current Good Manufacturing Practice (CGMP– (10 + years)
• Analysis skills– (10 + years)
• Internal Audits– (10 + years)
• Food processing– (10 + years)
• Quality audits– (10 + years)
• supervising experience– (10 + years)
• Customer support– (10 + years)
• Lean manufacturing– (10 + years)
• Data collection– (10 + years)
Attributes and Competencies
• Drafting quality assurance policies and procedures
• Interpreting and implement quality assurance standards
• Evaluating adequacy of quality assurance standards
• Devise sampling procedures and directions for recording and reporting quality data
• Reviewing the implementation and efficiency of quality and inspection systems
• Planning, conducting and monitoring testing and inspection of materials and products to ensure finished product quality
• Document internal audits and other quality assurance activities
• Investigate customer complaints and non-conformance issue Collect and compile statistical quality data
• Analyze data to identify areas for improvement in the quality system
• Developing, recommending, and monitoring corrective and preventive actions
• Prepare reports to communicate outcomes of quality activities
• Identify training needs and organize training interventions to meet quality standards
• Coordinating and supporting on-site audits conducted by external providers
• Evaluating audit findings and implementing appropriate corrective actions
• Monitoring risk management activities
• Knowledge of quality assurance terminology, methods, and tools
• Documenting management systems
• Assuring ongoing compliance with quality and industry regulatory requirements Certification
SIX SIGMA GREEN BELT
Has satisfactorily completed and has demonstrated proficiency in the curriculum set forth by the Council for Six Sigma Certification and Aveta Business Institute to award the title of Certified Green Belt. Certification Number: Elot10SLeO Certification Date: February 27, 2021 Certified HACCP Principles for Food Processors and Manufacturers course Has successfully completed the Certified HACCP Principles for Food Processors and Manufacturers course by HACCP.org Food Safety Training Resource
Certification Date: November 12, 2019
Food Safety Champions Certificate
Has successfully completed the Food Champions Training for food processors and Manufacturers course by Techno Serve in patterner ship USAID
Certification Date: October 19, 2021
Date of Birth : 06.05.1986
Nationality : Indian
Visa Status : TEP Work Permit Visa
Head -Operations and Manufacturing
Sunseed Oil Ltd
Plant Manager -