New York, NY *0022
Broad commercial banking experience with results-oriented achievements in business development, creating and directing credit policy, senior level credit administration, risk assessment and loan review, portfolio management and workout, team building and credit training in both domestic and international environments. FUNCTIONAL SKILLS
Portfolio Analysis Risk Measurement Regulatory Reporting Credit/Financial Analysis Credit Training Documentation Vetting PROFESSIONAL SUMMARY
Mallner Consulting LLC
Principal 2014 -
International Bank of Qatar 2008 - 2014
Assistant General Manager – Risk Management 2012 - 2014 Chief Credit Officer 2008 - 2012
Amalgamated Bank 1993 - 2008
Senior Vice President, Chief Credit Officer
Chase Manhattan Bank, N. A. (JPMorgan Chase) 1969 - 1993 Vice President, Portfolio Review Manager, Portfolio Review Division, NYC 1988 - 1993 Vice President, Sr. Credit & Marketing Officer, Miami Regional Office 1985 - 1988 Vice President, Portfolio Review Officer, NYC 1984 - 1985 Region Manager, Saudi Investment Banking Corp. (CMB), Saudi Arabia 1979 - 1984 Manager, Latin American Area, South America/Caribbean Regions, NYC 1973 - 1979 Personnel Representative, Operations Dept., NYC 1969 - 1972 EXPERIENCE
Mallner Consulting LLC 2014 - now
Provide senior level advice and guidance on all aspects of enterprise risk. Conduct portfolio and credit reviews including statistical analysis and assist in the development of credit and risk policies. International Bank of Qatar (IBQ)
AGM – Risk Management, Doha, Qatar 2012 - 2014
Responsible for management of enterprise risk and corporate governance for this $7.0 billion bank. Report directly to the Managing Director. Sit on all major bank committees. Direct reports include Chief Credit and Chief Compliance Officers, all risk functions, including information security and credit and regulatory reporting units. Achievements:
- Established the basics of the bank’s risk management systems, including ICAAP.
- Initiated new risk management policies reflecting “best practice” for financial institutions.
- Resolved difficult compliance issues in light of Qatar Central Bank mandates.
- Developed training material to educate all bank staff to be “risk aware.” Chief Credit Officer 2008 - 2012
Responsible for all credit policy, credit administration, regulatory coordination, review and approval of commercial, private banking, real estate, institutional and consumer credit portfolios and for providing expertise on sound underwriting practices and risk-based pricing to all lending areas. Achievements:
- Introduced programs to foster a new "credit culture" substantially improving loan origination quality.
- Restructured the credit analytical unit improving analytical quality substantially and the credit administration unit for significant improvement in efficiency.
- Developed and implemented a complete credit-based reporting system to encompass all credit related obligor information to better manage the bank’s portfolios.
- Implemented statistical measures to improve Qatar Central Bank reporting accuracy and timeliness from less than 50% to 99%+ (best of all banks in Qatar). 2. ANTON MALLNER
Chief Credit Officer, New York, NY 1993 - 2008
Reported directly to President and Board of Directors. Responsible for credit policy, credit quality, provisioning, “special credits” and lending initiatives; chaired the bank’s senior loan committee and sat on all other major bank committees.
- Wrote the bank’s first Credit Policy Manual to enforce adherence to credit underwriting guidelines resulting in improving credit quality to a “strong” rating.
- Created “de novo” a credit administration and analysis unit.
- Initiated and implemented new residential first mortgage programs in conjunction with outside vendors. Over $1.5 billion of new mortgages originated with no losses. The Chase Manhattan Bank, N. A.
Portfolio Review Manager, New York, NY 1988 - 1993
- Managed over 50 domestic and international risk asset reviews, including statistical analysis.
- Recommended substantive changes to the bank’s Credit Policy Guide which were adopted bank wide. Senior Credit and Marketing Officer, Miami, FL 1985 - 1988
- Responsible for marketing and credit approval for business in the Caribbean/South America Region.
- Initiated and supervised a land development project on St. Maarten on bank acquired foreclosed property that resulted in considerable profit through developed lot resales. Portfolio Review & Administration Officer, New York, NY 1984 - 1985
- Substantially improved reporting quality to senior management for a newly created bank sector. Portfolio commitments were: $14.5 billion; 2,000+ obligors. Region Manager, Riyadh and Al-Khobar, Saudi Arabia 1979 - 1984
- Provided marketing and credit guidance to Chase/SIBC’s Eastern Region lending teams that led to a substantial increase in new business and improved the Eastern Region’s profitability.
- Created and taught Chase/SIBC's first professional and clerical development programs. Latin American Regional Liaison Manager, New York, NY 1973 - 1979
- Developed new business in countries within the Andean Pact Region of the bank’s Latin American Area, marketing products such as classical trade and loan transactions, syndications, and project finance. Chase Credit Development Program, New York, NY 1972 - 1973 Personnel Representative, Operations Dept., New York, NY 1969 - 1972 Provided professional management direction in areas of policy interpretation, employment, counseling, hiring, health and safety and communications for operations employees. EDUCATION
New York University, New York, NY - MBA, Management and Finance Columbia University, New York, NY - MA, Personnel & Human Resources Management Manhattan College, New York, NY - BA, Psychology; Honors: NY State Regents Scholarship Chase Manhattan Bank, New York, NY – Completed formal credit training program, many training seminars and the bank’s formal real estate training program
Positions: Member of Community Board 6, Manhattan
Past Director, Union Square Partnership BID (Chair - Audit Committee) Past Director, Mexican Chamber of Commerce of the U.S. Excellent in: Excel, WordPerfect, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint Teaching: Credit Training at Saudi Investment Banking Corp., 1979-80 Banking seminars at Commercial International Bank (Egypt), 1996 and 1998 Banking lectures at Baruch College (Graduate Division), 2007