Re: Application for the position of Registered Practical Nurse Dear Hiring Manager,
I am pleased to submit my application for the position of Registered Practical Nurse at your esteemed Organization. I believe that my qualifications and skills make me an ideal candidate for this job.
I am working as a RPN in long term care in nithview community. I also worked as RPN in Chartwell retirement Home.
I completed my B.Sc. Nursing from India. I hold Licensed Practical Nurse License from CLPNA. I also hold Registered Practical Nurse License from College of Nurses of Ontario. I also hold Certificate in Human resource and management from Bow Valley College, Calgary. I am a calm and patient professional with excellent healthcare skills.
I worked full time for one and half years as a Registered nurse in emergency unit in India. Conducting head to toe assessment for identifying client’s health status, taking vital signs, administering medication, routine sample collection, catheterization, G- tube feeding, wound care and maintaining personal hygiene were some of the tasks I performed during my clinical practice.
In addition to this, during my graduation and post- graduation studies, I received training in all the units like medical- surgical, gerontology, antenatal, postnatal, ICU, emergency units along with community setting. I have good theoretical knowledge and clinical experience in diverse patient settings that will help me provide quality care to clients. I am confident that my skills and background will allow me to substantially assist in meeting and exceeding your health care goals. Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to hearing from you to discuss this opportunity further. Please find attached my resume with details of my work experience an
Yours Satnam Summary • Demonstrated sincerely, Kaur nursing care practices and skills by providing quality care to the clients. • Excellent observation, assessment, intervention and communication skills
• Develops therapeutic relationships with patient and their families and other health professionals. • Self- oriented, self-directed and team focused and good time management • • • • Ensures Possess Excellent Ability to critical and ability recognize skills. respects thinking to maintain outbreaks dignity, and nursing problem maintain of infectious care identification privacy plan diseases of and clients. confidentiality. and in health solving care skills. settings and community. • • • • • Work Dependable, Developing Strict Sincere Good Experience adherence knowledge commitment strategies honest to base follow and to and for client’s strives working organizational action for well-plans excellence. with being. for technology. policies management and guidelines. of infectious outbreaks. 1. Registered practical Nurse at long term care in Nithview community from June 2021 to till date
• Applies principles, current nursing knowledge care, general regarding health resident maintenance needs, and chronological promotion.
• Administering medication to the residents
• Documents all aspects of care.
• Participates in Health and Safety program.
• Order medications as required and maintains MAR system.
• Monitors assigned tasks. and provide guidance to personal support workers regarding
• Communicates manner with residents, effectively family through members the team of health leader care role team and in and a respectful staff. 2..Registered Practical Nurse at Chartwell WestmountRetirement Residence From December 1 2020 to June 01,2021 (full time)
And Applies casual from current June knowledge 01,2021 to regarding September resident 09,2021 needs, gerontological principles, Demonstrates nursing care, general accountability health maintenance for her/his actions and promotion. and decision making with Provides respect to input the provision to the RN of regarding resident care. problem/strength statements contributing to the formation of nursing diagnosis. Also contributes information to registered nursing staff in the development and modification of current, individualized and standard nursing care plans.
Transcribing Administration Monitors and medical provides of routine orders guidance medications. as given to health by physicians care aides in and writing unit attendants or by telephone. in the Communicates provision of nursing effectively care within through an assigned the team work leader area. role and in a respectful Documents manner with all residents, aspects family of resident and members care in a thorough of health and care timely team. manner 3.Administrative according to prescribed Assistant at policy Syndicate and procedure. Transport Ltd, Rocky view, Alberta from • • • • • • Order Set Prepare Research Communicate Provide up July office and customer support 2017 and maintain supplies resolve with to to November statements, other customers manual and payment groups maintain and 18,invoices, via discrepancies. in computerized 2020 phone, accounting inventory. monthly email, department information mail receivable or personally. and reports filing perform system. and follow general up. administrative duties. • 4.Full Rely .Registered time on instructions at Sandhu Nurse: Hospital and pre-established and Diabetes guidelines Care Centre, to perform Batala, functions Punjab, of the India: job. March • Monitoring 14, 2018 patient’s to April condition 25, 2018 and assessing their needs to provide the best possible care. • Monitoring vital signs and administer patient’s medication as prescribed by physician. • Collect detailed patient history, current symptoms and list of medication currently taken patient by and then consult and coordinate with health care team to assess, plan, implement • Provide assistance and evaluate to doctors patient and care other plans. paramedical staff as required in the treatment of • • • Maintain Maintain Provide patients. information proper accurate supplies and to complete patients and appropriate and health their records family medical and members equipment reports. to keep to care them for updated patients. on treatment recommendations. 5.. Registered Nurse:
Full time at Community Health Centre, Amritsar, Punjab, India: January 2015- August • Performing 2016 head to toe assessments on patients. Planning and implementing effective • Dispense care medications based on individualized and treatments needs. to patients as per the standards and organizational • Delegating, coaching policies. and supervising unregulated health care providers and enhancing Coordinate continuity with health of care care. professionals to identify the needs of client and provide quality Provide care independent to the clients. care to the clients, assisted them to plan care till the discharge period. Recognize the needs of clients, able to manage blood work (glucose monitoring, blood samples), daily care of clients such as bathing, feeding, passive mobility/ exercises, etc. Perform excellent and attentive drug administrative protocols such as oral medication, I/Proper M, I/V recording injections and and reporting infusions, as subcutaneous per policy on injections the computer (insulin, documentation heparin). related to Maintain daily activities communication as well as with the pharmacy planned activities. for updating new doses as well as the accuracy Presented of excellent changing communication doses. skills by interacting with verbal clients and their families • Promoting and client recognizing safety the and needs safeguarding of non- their verbal rights clients. by practicing privacy and confidentiality. • Documenting all kinds of treatment provided and other relevant data to promote evidence- based • Reporting practice. any incidents or change in the client status to supervisor, physician and family ensure 6.• Worked Internship client to in diverse safety. at SGL health Hospital, care settings, Jalandhar, including Punjab, medical India surgical unit, mental health • Established unit, obstetrics therapeutic and nurse paediatrics – client and relationship Intensive care while units. working with patients with acute • Providing and chronic nursing disorders. care under supervision using nursing process and assist clients in performing • Identified own ADLs. learning needs using self-reflection and took initiatives to address those learning gaps
7. Vidya- Sagar Institute of Mental Health Amritsar, India/ De-addiction Centre Jalandhar • Completed project on Behavioural Analysis, Behavioural Assessment and plan development. • Assisted the staff to effectively manage challenging behaviours of clients, encouraging Education Graduate Bow Bachelor May/SGL General July, SGL June Valley College College 2012 Nursing of Certificate 2014 Science College, self- of of Nursing, Nursing, and coping in in Midwifery Calgary Nursing Human mechanisms. Jalandhar, Jalandhar, resource (Post Punjab, Punjab, Basic) & Management India India Accreditations April 2017 Licensed • • Registered Registered Practical Practical BSC. Nurse, nurse Nurse (CLPNA)Nurse (College and : Registration Midwife of Nurses (Punjab of 53812 Ontario) Nurses Registration Council, India) Languages Spoken: Fluent in English, Hindi, and Punjabi Availability: Full time, any shift