Patrick A. Von Jackson
Germantown, MD, 20876 email@example.com 240-***-****
Dedicated supervisor with more than five years of experience. Skilled in leading teams and individuals with strong leadership and communication skills that allow me to connect with my team more effectively, helping them conduct their duties safely productively. Reliable and dependable hard-working team player with strong problem-solving capabilities.
Some College ( Montgomery College, Rockville) HVAC Technician
A+, Network+, Security+ ( SY0 - 601 ), CASP+ce
Strong leadership and teamwork attributes Problem Solving
Accuracy and attention to detail
United States Postal Service Supervisor Customer Services
Effective organizational skills Time Management
06//2016 – Present Bethesda, MD
● Manage staff and prepare work schedules for the carriers
● Lead the operation and performance of over 200 carriers, distribution clerks and custodians.
● Input mail volume and completing distribution counts for letters and parcels creating a checklist to
successfully manage my carriers to and from their route, based on workload for the day
● Create weekly work schedules and monitor employee's time and attendance in TACS/ ERMS and clean up clock ring errors. I gave daily service talks about safety and prior day performance, set
goals and expectations for each employee for the day and evaluated their performance
● Create and reviewed performance reports and logs, capturing valuable information and sharing it
with the employees daily before issuing instructions each morning
● Oversee the sorting out and organizing of incoming and outgoing mail, parcels and freight deliveries
● Provided training to employees to ensure that the carriers achieve higher efficiency to keep up with
new mail logistics, technologies, and ideas.
United States Postal Service 08/1999 – 06/2016
City Mail Carrier Montgomery County, MD Region
● Performed vehicle safety checklists on a daily basis
● Cased Delivered mail that consisted of letters, circulars, magazines, catalogs and small packages to more
than 300 stops on daily route lifting 75 pounds or more maintaining professional and effective public relations with customers and others, having a general familiarity with postal laws, regulations, products and geography of the area in various weather and road conditions
● Organized and loaded all letters/parcels/ads in a delivery vehicle for on the street delivery.
● Collected mail from street letter boxes, homes, businesses, and return to the post office to sort and reconcile the mail adhering to all timelines on established routes and collected all COD charges on COD packages
● Ensured packages were sorted and delivered to correct address and envelopes and packages are sealed properly with appropriate postage
● Operated Motorola Scanner to scan barcodes for confirmation of parcel deliveries, and Registered/Certified Mail
● Sorted parcels at the Bulk Mail Center at annex plant in Gaithersburg and sorted DPS and Flats using the automated sorter machine at the Suburban plant at Gaithersburg