Self-motivated Accounts Payable Manager with more than 15+ years of experience in driving improvements to accounts payable process to support organizational objectives and strategic growth. Strong problem solver, interacting and patiently negotiate with frustrated and unhappy vendors with understanding, identifying their feelings and communicate accordingly with positive attitude. Excellent planning, leadership and decision-making abilities. Authorized to work for any US employer.
Skills & Abilities
• Analytical ability & detail-oriented.
• Independent judgment.
• Managerial & organizational aptitude.
• Passionate and hardworking with penchant for meeting deadlines.
• Ability to train & work harmoniously with serviced units. Experience
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE MANAGER ORASCOM CONTRACK (ABU DHABI MAIN OFFICE– UAE) FEBRUARY 2008 – JULY 2020
• Manage, coordinate and monitor accounts payable operation using accounting software.
• Provide operational audit to identify conditions that can be improved, discover operating problems and recommending courses of action for solving it.
• Ensure all accounts payable processes are completed in an accurate and timely manner and in compliance with the appropriate terms and internal policies and controls.
• Provide excellent customer service, accuracy and responsive communication.
• Establish and maintain relationships with new and existing vendors.
• Analyze and verify outstanding invoices to ensure proper payment and adherence to any applicable requirements.
• Ensure that all financial deadlines regarding accounts payable are met for month-end, quarter-end and year-end financial closings, including supporting requests from internal and external audit functions.
• Communicate with other departments, branches and vendors regarding A/P position on relevant issues, design/revise tools, processes and procedures to improve efficiency.
• Oversee Purchase Orders and authorization form process ensuring that vendor invoices and all relevant information are in order. Checking prices, terms of payment and other charges.
• Oversee general ledger reconciliation with accounts payable sub-ledger. Page 2
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT CEMENTECH LTD. (RAK, U.A.E) JULY 2006 – JANUARY 2008
• Maintain site cash flow to insure the best utilization of company resources.
• Bank accounts reconciliation.
• Analyze site expenses and direct it to the related cost centers.
• Control Accounts Receivable.
• Control Accounts Payable.
• Review labors salaries and overtime.
• Control Fixed asset.
• Issue financial Reports
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT CONTRACK FM - SMART VILLAGE/EGYPT MARCH 2005 – JULY 2006
• Managing Accounts Payable.
• Analyze Smart Village expenses and direct it to the related cost centers.
• Control Smart Village cash fund.
• Create staff salaries payment and timesheets.
• Control purchasing department in Smart Village.
• Provide internal control on warehouse.
• Provide bank reconciliation.
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT COTRACK / AICI/ OCI/ ARCHIRODON JOINT VENTURE MAY 2004
– MARCH 2005
• Monitor, track and control bank accounts and cash movement.
• Ensure correct maintenance of accounting and cost records as per the JV agreement and the contract requirements.
• Control travel authorization for employees and track payment to vendors
• Managing accounts receivable
• Managing accounts payable.
• Analyze the joint venture expenses and direct it to the related cost centers.
• Provide the Business Manager with the required documentation and reports to enable the preparation of client invoices.
• Control personnel data (Contracts, salary payments, fringe benefit rates & timesheets). ASSISTANT FINANCIAL AND ADMINISTRATIVE ADVISOR UNITED STATES AGENCY FOR INTERNATIONAL DEVELOPMENT (USAID) JULY 1997 – SEPTEMBER 2002
• Monitor, review and insure accurate recording of all financial transactions.
• Provide procurement assistance.
• Review monthly payroll salary statements.
• Provide financial & administrative assistance at conferences in & outside Cairo. Page 3
• Develop and continuously update the financial control systems & ensure implementation/compliance.
• Monitor, track and control banking and cash movement procedures.
• Take an active role in evaluation, selection and implementation of computerized financial systems.
• Apply suitable internal audit controls.
• Managing accounts payable.
• Analyze project expenses and direct it to the related cost centers. BRANCH ACCOUNTANT THOMAS COOK OVERSEAS LTD. NOVEMBER 1987 – JUNE 1997
• Maintain & control Debtors Ledgers & relevant reports.
• Summarize daily branch travel sales.
• Check foreign exchange purchasing, sales sheets, summaries and balancing procedures.
• Check foreign exchange receipts sequential.
• Check & investigate discrepancies in cash or holding stock by the branch.
• Summarize monthly sales, revenue and cost by activity.
• Maintain minimum tickets records by carrier, calling for fresh stocks to maintain availability.
• Managing accounts receivable.
• Managing accounts payable.
• Compile monthly reports to retail travel managers.
• Training the new accountants on Accounting System specially designed for Thomas Cook and any computerized accounting systems newly introduced in the financial management. Accomplished Mission
ABROAD MISSION OFFERED BY THOMAS COOK LONDON:
Traveling to Malta to assist in managing Thomas Cook Malta new branch and train new employees regarding the accounting system and the financial computerized system. Education
BACHELOR DEGREE IN COMMERCE
May 1985 AIN SHAMS University/ACCOUNTING MAJOR
• How to manage through people? (The American University in Cairo).
• How to be positive? (Thomas Cook London)
• Official Writing skills (Thomas Cook London).
• The job of a leader (Thomas Cook London).
• Ticketing & fare construction (Thomas Cook London).
• Customer relation skills (Thomas Cook London).
• The Route to Quality (Thomas Cook London).