GREGORY JAMES SMITH
NATIONALITY : South African
DATE OF BIRTH : 24 January 1981
CONTACT NO : +27-072-*******
EMAIL : firstname.lastname@example.org
Articulate student/client focused individual with proven expertise in coaching and teaching Physical education. Enthusiastic in promoting skills in the different sports categories and a healthy lifestyle, in a positive and fun atmosphere. Proactive team leader who is a strong communicator, flexible, patient and able to implement Sports programmes of a high standard. Meticulous at planning, well organized and a good time keeper. Works well under pressure, enjoys challenges. Can work as part of a team or individually. All round positive attitude and person in the work force. QUALIFICATIONS:
• Diploma in Computer Science- Executive School of Computers (1999)
• Damelin Sports Psychology Certificate (2006)
• High school Diploma Wordsworth High School (1998)
• Qualified First Aider and CPR, Infants and Adults (level 1)
• Level 1 cricket Coaching- Northerns Cricket Union
• Gauteng Cricket
• Coach qualified in Volleyball, Cricket, Tennis and Hockey
• In house Safeguarding of Children, Health and safety and welfare of children
• Fire Marshall
• Trained Health and Safety officer (in house)
• Office 365- Advance
• Outlook- Advance
• Excel- Advance
• Word- Advance
• Power point- Advance
• MS project- Advance
• Asana- Advance
2020 – (Contract Basis) – The Student Hub, Educational Research Analyst – Cape Town. Feasibility and Impact Studies by prioritizing scarce and critical skills and skills in high demand in line with strategic needs of key stakeholders. Pre-Scoping Interventions and analysis of industry need to the Organising Framework of Occupations (OFO), NQF, occupational categories and occupational groups. Research and Development of all components of curriculum design and development, including occupational profile, knowledge module specifications, practical skills module specifications, external integrated summative assessments, combined with specific industry needs relating to behavioural competence, also further research to prioritize critical and scarce skills and skills in high demand curriculum which will include extensive research on the Organising Framework for Occupations, International and National Benchmarking and occupational qualifications already registered on the National Qualifications Framework). Corporate and Social Responsibility (participate and support corporate responsibility initiatives for the achievement of business strategy, especially relating to the pillars of the BBB-EE policies and procedures. 2018 – 2020 (Contract of 3 years) – Tamimi/Saudi Aramco Recreation, Saudi Arabia, Udhailiyah, Aramco Recreation. Sports Coordinator and Physical Education Teacher/Sports Leader- Organize and maintain assigned recreational sports Programs, including coaching and teaching responsibilities for the residents of the compound. Prepare budget recommendations for assigned areas and control and monitor expenditures. Coordinate and timetable facilities for the different sports activities during the week (6 days a week). Plans, coordinates and conducts community wide and departmental special events. Can design marketing and promotional material for events. Effectively can coach children and adults in a selection of sports activities such as tennis, Swimming, cricket, soccer, volleyball, softball and kickball. Developed a children’s ball skill program focusing on gross motor, hand eye/ foot eye coordination, spatial awareness. Breaking down sports skills and developing throwing, catching, kicking, hitting with a racquet and bat. implements all safety protocols and safeguarding of children.
January 2017 till 2018-Blouberg International School, Cape Town Physical Education Teacher and Sports Coordinator for Primary and High school. - Held full responsibility for co-ordinating sporting activities and implementing the Physical Education Curriculum for classes of 25 children in the age ranges of 3 years to 18 years. Can organize, develop, implement and maintain assigned recreational sports programs and after school activities. Plan and implement School competitions and leagues, organize marketing and advertising the event. Also was responsible for organizing the facilities, equipment, supplies and medical needs when participating in Sport competions. Develop and participated in workshops, clinics and in service training sessions pertaining to sporting/recreational activities. Overseeing of the Budget allocated to the Physical education department and responsible for the Equipment Procurement. Keeping up to date with current and familiar teaching/coaching practices in line with rules, regulations, policies and safeguarding children.
2016-St Columbus Johannesberg. Computer, Design and Technology and Physical Education Teacher- Design Technology Teacher- worked with classes of 25 students, the age range being 5 years to 13 years. Ensured a high quality of learning in line with the Curriculum of DT. Promoted and supported DT by offering after school activities. Physical Education Teacher- Held full responsibility for co-ordinating sporting activities and implementing the Physical Education Curriculum for classes of 25 children in the age ranges of 6 to 13.An active member of the school wellness committee. Organized and planned whole school activities during the school day and after school sports programmes. Promoting and teaching the importance of Physical Education at home and in a school environment. Keeping up to date with current and familiar teaching/coaching practices in line with rules, regulations, policies and safeguarding children.
2012-2016 King David Junior School Linksfeild Johannesberg. Physical Education and Sports Manger and Head coach for boys Soccer, Cricket, Swimming and Hockey- 2008-2011- Hamilton Preparatory school, Ladysmith KZN- Managed and Coached Soccer, Cricket and Swimming- as well as physical education. 2000-2005- Specialized Sports Coach focusing on Cricket, Soccer and Swimming- at the following schools
Playball Coach 2000 - 2007:
• North American International School (Grade 1-12)
• Waterloof House Preparatory School ( Grade 1-7)
• Crawford Prepartory School (Grade 1-7)
• Anton Van Wouw Primary School ( Grade Nursery -3)
• EverGreen Pre Primary School (Grade Nursery- Reception)
• German School Pretoria (Grade Nursery-3)
• Christian Brothers College (Grade Nursery -7)
CLUB ACHEIEVEMEBNTS (1999 – 2003)
• Captain for the Harlequins Cricket Club (3rd team)
• Benoni Northerns Cricket Club
• Captain for Wordworth old Boys Cricket club
• Player of the year (1999) Old Bens Soccer club
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE FOR COACHING AND PHYSICAL EDUCATION TEACHER:
• Organize, develop and maintain assigned recreational sports program for the whole school, implementing a healthy lifestyle and promoting exercise within the school day.
• In charge of budget and expenditures for the Physical Education Department of the school
• Planning and implementing sport competitions with surrounding local schools
• Was in charge of promoting and Marketing up and coming events of communal sports activities including Charity events such as Walkathons and Mini Marathons for Cancer Research.
• Responsible for all facilities of the sports department and equipment, including scheduling and timetabling recreational areas for after school clubs.
• Kept up to date with safe guarding children, new policies and rules in line with teaching PE in a school environment.
• Organized and participated in workshops pertaining to Sport/recreational activities
• Maintaining records of children’s/clients performance
• Planning and implementing programmes of activities for groups or individuals. References:
Robert Rooney – Aramco Recreation Supervisor – email@example.com
Greg Kortzman – Sports Coordinator/teacher – Saudi Aramco Expatriate Schools firstname.lastname@example.org
John McGuinness – Udhailiyah Soccer Club – email@example.com
Amjad Khan – Tamimi Recreation Contract Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org