MOHAMMED. ABDUL. FAROOQ
Civil Engineer with 21 years of experience in Dubai and Doha Contact # UAE, Dubai, +971-*********, +919********* (India) Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org. Objective –Looking for a challenging position in the field of construction site management and supervision at a senior level responsibility in a reputed organization. Personal Information
Year of Birth: 1979
Years in Industry: 21
Driving License: Dubai, Doha
BE. in Civil Engineering - March 2000
Osmania University – Hyderabad – India
OSHA (Qatar). DNV (Dubai). PMP(Pursuing) MS
Office, AutoCAD, Primavera
Project management (15+ years)
Vendor management (15+ years)
Site planning (21+ years)
Drawing’s interpretation (15+ years)
Review meetings (15+ years )
Coordination with consultant and client
Coordination / procurement
P&L statements, KPI monitoring, cash flow follow up Work experience
Organization: Shapoorji Pallonji Construction Pvt Ltd, India, Hyderabad Position: Project Director /Project Head
Project :- 26 floors tower for our client Phoenix Centaurus Tech zone building A commercial comprising of composite structure with 26 storied situated at the commercial hub. The project consists of 3 basements, 6 parking floors, 17-floor office area with a built-up area of 268,568.00 sq. m for value of 300 million AED
1. Taking the responsibilities as a project director I have been assigned this particular job to meet the standards and expectations of the client. My responsibilities are quite broad to capture the project in an approved project schedule.
2. Takes the responsibility to provide coaching, guidance, direction, and leadership to the project team and project manager in relation to various issues, risks, activities, general management, and project approach. 3. Playing an important role in a tactical and strategic level from planning through to completion supervise, monitor, execute the project as per the client’s expectations. 4. Overseeing the various departments that includes structural, architectural and MEP department assigned with certain tasks to complete for project requirements. 5. Review project scope and assist in developing project budgets. 6. Coordination with the various design consultants regarding any contradictions and ambiguities in drawings and direct the best possible way for a better outcome.
7. Involve creating schedules and following up with department heads to ensure that each phase of a project proceeds as planned.
8. Participate in planning meetings with design professionals. Monitor the cash flow of the project and KPI creates a budget for the completion of a particular job and monitors the amount of money spent in order to ensure the project does not exceed this amount.
9. Recommends changes to a project that is ongoing if it appears it is not proceeding on schedule or is producing unsatisfactory results.
10. Review payment applications and change order requests and present recommendations. Monitor for the progress of works as per the approved schedule and develops a timeline for the completion of certain milestones for a given project
11. Manage the commercial department regarding the subcontractor’s payment, client invoice. 12. Dealing with the nominated sub-contractors in their progress and approvals. 13. . Chairs the progress review meeting with all vendors and subsequently represent the company with PMO in terms of project handling.
14. Finalize the vendors in coordination with the regional office and consultant’s clearance. 15. . Makes presentations to investors, business partners, and company executives concerning different phases of a project.
16. Takes part in safety regulations and guides the safety department to maintain the site with proper implementation of safety procedures. Review contracts and agreement documents. Jan-2017: May 2019
Organization: Projacs International- Eiges group –Qatar (PMC) Position: Project Manager
Projects: Hilton Panorama Residence & Suits – at the Pearl, Doha, Qatar A multiuse complex for our Firsts Qatar Real Estate comprising luxury serviced hotel apartments
(42 floors tower and its 5-floor parking podium), townhouses, signature restaurants, cafes, modern amenities, and all other related services at The Pearl- Qatar operated by Hilton World Wide. The tower consists of 363 apartment suites of various sizes ranging from studios to 2 bedrooms apartments with high- end finishing and furniture. Project Value: QR 870 million, Built-up area is 115,800 m . Responsibilities :-Managed the team of engineering team of Architectural, Structural, and MEP engineers in coordination with the subcontractor's team to ensure the progress of work is in line with Approved Cl.14.1 Program and take necessary action to mitigate the delay. 1. Monitor productivity and cost and implements appropriate action to maintain maximum labor productivity and cost-effectiveness.
2. Reviewing the HSE plan submitted by the safety department for approval by implementing the site safety and security procedures.
3. Play an active leadership role in the development of the construction including safety culture on the project, making safety a natural part of all work performed. 4. Undertake comprehensive project construction management in close consultation with PIQ engineers covering activities relevant to engineering disciplines. 5. Undertake liaison between the site supervision team and the general contractors in order to ensure that issues and conflicts are clearly channeled and resolved. 6. Chair and record site Coordination /Technical meetings with the Main Contractor and update in the progress meetings. Providing solutions for the contractor's RFI’s. 7. Update the Construction part of the Monthly Report in coordination with the planning department. Review the contractor's monthly and weekly report as per current site status. 8. Follow up with the site contractor for corrective, preventive, and defect repairs 9. Manage PIQ construction site engineers to ensure that site issues are brought up and dealt with in coordination with other PIQ staff. Ensure the safety and well-being of team members on site. Curriculum Vitae
10. Liaise with other PIQ staff in order to ensure that construction activities relevant to all project disciplines
(cost, program, design, contracts, quality, etc.) are properly dealt with and resolved. 11. . Prepare reports on specific construction issues and elevate to the project manager and client as required. Adapt and adopt leading construction management concepts and best practices into PIQ 12. Ensure timely preparation of various progress tracking reports on construction issues. 13. Manage site in a way that the project is built according to with approved construction drawings for various formwork systems that comprise of jump system for core areas. March'2009: December 2016
Organization: American Qatari French Trading and Contracting. Position: Sr. Construction Manager
Project: - 23 storied 5 towers for Rotana Towers, Parcel 15/B, viva Barriya 3,4,5 Project in brief: This project is a 23 storied twin towers for Rotana Towers, Parcel 15A/B at Porto Arabia For our client H.H. Sheikh Srour Bin Mohammed Al Nahyan located at Pearl Qatar, Doha, Qatar with a Value of Project QAR 550 and three towers Imperial towers at Viva Bahriya 3,4,5, with a value of 780 million. The Project is a residential suite for Rotana Hotel with elegant finishing including a swimming pool and amenities of all luxury comforts.
1. Schedule the project in logical steps and the budget time required to meet the deadline. 2. Determine labor requirements and dispatch workers to the construction site. 3. Inspect and review project to monitor and comply with building and safety codes and other regulations. 4. Obtain all necessary permits and licenses. Study job specifications to determine appropriate construction methods.
5. Requisition supplies and materials to complete construction projects. Develop and implement quality control programs.
6. Take action to deal with the results of delays, bad weather, or emergencies at the construction site. Confer with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, and construction problems. 7. Plan, organize, and direct activities concerned with the construction and maintenance of structures, facilities, and systems
8. Investigate the damage, accidents, or delay at the construction site to ensure that the proper procedures are being carried out.
9. Evaluate the construction methods and determine the cost-effectiveness. 10. Making decisions and problem solving, analyzing information, and evaluating results to choose the best solutions and solve problems
11. . Organizing, planning, and prioritizing work, developing specific goals and plans to accomplish the works, Coordinating the works and activities of all relevant groups to accomplish the tasks. 12. Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with all departments. Performing day- to-day administrative activities such as maintaining information files. 13. Developing long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve them. Assessing the value, importance, or quality of things /subordinates/colleagues. 14. Monitoring and controlling resources and overseeing the spending of the project cost. March'2008: Feb'2009
Organization: Shadid Engineering and Consultancy
Position: Resident Engineer
Project: The Villa Project, Phase II (219 Villas)
Project in brief: This project is a group of Luxurious Italian type of residential villas for Dubai Properties located at Dubai Land with PMC as Mace International. It comprises of different models namely PONDEROSA, VALENCIA, and GRANADA with ELEGANT AND AUTHENTIC TYPE of finishes. Value of Project: 750 million AED
Scope: Execution of the project so as to know the exact requirement of the client and get acquainted with the project specification as per schedule.
1. Maintain and update construction-specific areas including but not limited to the civil documentation, review, and approvals.
2. Responsible for the proper interpretation and compliance of the city-designed plans. 3. Have good communication skills for client and consultant interfaces, coordination, and presentations. Attending meetings and preparing Minutes of Meetings, resolve ambiguities and impediments. 4. Chair Technical meetings and preparing Minutes of Meetings, resolve ambiguities and impediments. Organize and chair coordination meetings with the Main Contractor, MEP contractor, and other trade sub-contractors including but not limited to infrastructure (if any) to resolve the coordination issues. 5. Lead the team along with MEP division, civil and architectural to give the desired quality of work as per the requirement of the client.
6. Prepares regular interval progress reports and accurate status information on the progress as required by the project management.
7. Checking Technical and Commercial Submittals for the Projects and making random inspections for material delivered to the site and cross-checking with respect to the material approvals. SITE MANAGEMENT:
1. Managed the team of engineering team of MEP, Architectural and Structural in coordination with the subcontractor's team to ensure the progress of work is in line with the Approved Cl.14.1 Program and take necessary action to mitigate the delay.
2. Monitor productivity and cost and implements appropriate action to maintain maximum labor productivity and cost-effectiveness.
3. Reviewing the HSE plan submitted by the safety department and forward it to the consultant for approval by implementing the site safety and security procedures. 4. Play an active leadership role in the development of the construction including safety culture on the project, making safety a natural part of all work performed. Sept 2005-Feb 2008
Organization: W.S. ATKINS Overseas.
Position: Civil Engineer
Project 1 - 5 Star IBIS and NOVOTEL-5 star Hotels (Deira- Dubai)
.Project 2: 65 Storied -Dubai Metal and Commodity Centre (DMCC), (5B+G+65) Location: Jumeirah Lake Towers.
Project in brief: This project is a 65 storied tower with 5 basements for DMCC located in Jumeirah Lake Towers. The structure comprises a pile cap foundation, beams, and pre-cast hollow-core slabs till level 65. This consists of 2 service floors at levels 20 and 40 with floating floors machinery. The finishing of Curriculum Vitae
this tower had been executed with an elegant finishing material delivered from European origin and crafted with experienced workmanship.
1. Taking care of Quality control at site.
2. Attending Inspection Request relating to ID and other all architectural works. 3. Inspection of finishing works including fine quality ceramic, granite, marble works, precast cladding, Aluminum works, and structural piling works for contiguous piling and pile cap works. 4. Raising the NCN, SIN for the defect works and report bad performance and quality on-site to the resident engineer. Maintaining the quality of works, concrete through Standard codes and specification
5. Ensure the work is been carried out under safety procedures and precautions. 6. Inspecting the quality of finishing works and ID works. 7. Making the survey reports of the plot to make sure the construction works followed the approved layout and update the as-built status to the architect. 8. Coordinating with contractor for any abortive works and verify. 9. Monitoring the progress of works with respect to the approved schedule. 10. Coordinate wit the contractor for technical clarifications along with design department. 11. Reviewing the technical queries and suggesting the required solution for the proposal submitted by the contractor. Review the method statements as per approved quality plan. 12. Participate actively in the review meetings, coordination meetings. 13. Take part in the work shop meetings with Structural, architectural engineers along with the contractor team to resolve the contradictions.
Organization :/S.ARC Constructions L.L.C
Position: Project Engineer/Site Engineer
Project 1. Construction and completion of Ware House and Corporate office (16 Months) Project 2: Constructions and Extension of dairy plant and juice factory (20 months) Project 3: School Building for Little Flowers, (18 Months), Location: Hor Al Anz. Dubai. Project 4: The World Island G-19, Reception Building. Civil Works at the Island (Finishing) Responsibilities:
1. Performs supervisory functions with Day-to-day project control of subcontracting companies as per the planned program at the level established by Senior Management for this position. 2. Carry out the survey works for the juice plane structural and finishing works. 3. Installation of high-grade flooring works for the boiler locations of the juice plant. 4. Mobilizes the contractors for the site, checks all contractor’s procedures and credentials. 5. Make sure the precautionary underground preventive applications are completed prior to precede any civil work. Follow all finishing works for the juice plant and dairy factory. 6. Cross-check the dock level for the loading platform as per the requirement of the transporter. 7. Reviews their conformity to Safety, Fire, Health, and Environmental requirements 8. Undertakes similar or related duties as requested by the Management of the Company. 9. Making the steel reinforcement bar bending schedule for the site engineers. 10. Site supervision, labor-management, and co-ordination with the site foremen.