Florence, MS 39073
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
Gym-Worx, LLC - Baton Rouge, LA
October 2016 to July 2020
• Maintained a variety of equipment used at gyms, rehabilitation centers, assisted living facilities, and hospitals.
1. Did marketing across Mississippi and North Louisiana. 2. Went to technician training and received certification for specific manufacturers. Customer Relations
Brave's Stadium - Pearl, MS
May 2012 to September 2017
Identified and assessed customers' needs to achieve satisfaction, resolve customer complaints via phone, email, mail, or social media. Assisted with placement of orders, refunds, or exchanges. Worked with customer service manager to ensure proper customer service is being delivered.
• Built sustainable relationships of trust through open and interactive communication.
• Handled complaints, provided appropriate solutions and alternatives within the time limits and followed up to ensure resolution.
• Took the extra mile to engage customers and ensured expectations were being met.
• Took payment information and other pertinent information such as addresses and phone numbers, placed or cancelled orders, acted as the company gatekeeper. Freight Associate
The Home Depot
February 2016 to October 2016
Worked overnight stocking merchandise and organizing the sales floor to create a pleasant and safe shopping environment. Ensured the store is stocked and ready for business every day, as well as provide merchandise loading assistance to our customers. Loaded and unloaded trucks, moved material from the receiving area throughout the store, operated forklifts and other equipment.
• Examines and inspects stock items for wear or defects, reporting any damage to supervisors.
• Marks stock items using identification, and stock location based on turnover, environmental factors, and physical capabilities of • facilities
• Stocks merchandise onto shelves for customer availability; requires sorting and staging of merchandise to sales floor
• Identifying and reading vendor packing slips, carrier shipping documents, UPC labels and other receiving documents and comparing to purchase orders to ensure accuracy
• Understanding carrier unload processes for efficient freight management Maintenance Technician
December 2014 to February 2016
Installed and maintained site mechanical equipment in order to provide a safe operation with maximum production availability. Read blueprints, piping and instrument diagrams, sketches, and detailed mechanical equipment diagrams, performed basic mathematics, including fractions, decimal, and minor algebra.
• Maintained detailed knowledge of electrically and pneumatically driven mechanical equipment including rotating and reciprocating equipment and the ability to troubleshoot and rebuild this equipment.
• Assembled systems with proper torqueing techniques; detailed knowledge of piping, bolting and gasketing
• Maintained proper documentation in according to site and government policies and regulations, followed site Quality, EHS, Legal Compliance policies and procedures.
• Installed, repaired, and maintained mechanical equipment per work instruction procedures.
• Used optical alignment tools to align rotating equipment systems within industry accepted tolerances. Inspected and rebuilt various types of valves (ball, gate, butterfly, etc.) Shipping Manager
March 2005 to June 2009
Overseen shipping and receiving departments. Packed items for shipment, verified the contents of received packages, monitored subordinate employees, and ordered supplies. Prepared departmental budgets, training personnel, reviewed invoices, and implemented security and safety programs.
• Determined work procedures, prepared work schedules and expedited workflow.
• Assigned duties and examined work for exactness, neatness and conformance to policies and procedures.
• Conferred with other managers outside of the distribution center to ensure coordination of other functions such as production, inventory management and quality assurance.
• Identified employees' skills and develop them by coaching and counseling employees on a regular basis.
• Conducted annual performance reviews and provided continual feedback on both positive and negative performance.
January 1996 to June 2009
Overseen and coordinates the workers who maintained and repaired electrical, plumbing, ventilation and other building systems. Responsible for evaluating problematic systems or facilities and determining what installation or repair services needed to be performed. Maintenance-related duties included performing initial evaluations of building systems and distributing work assignments.
• Accomplished maintenance human resource objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; recommending compensation actions; adhering to policies and procedures.
• Met maintenance operational standards by contributing maintenance information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems.
• Evaluated functionality and reliability of facility systems and associated equipment by conferring with operating departments; identifying problems and requirements.
• Maintained function and reliability of facility systems and associated equipment by implementing a preventive maintenance program; operating and testing systems and equipment; restoring, repairing, rebuilding, or replacing faulty or inoperative components and parts.
• Maintained safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal codes and regulations.
August 1989 to January 1996
Responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site's business goals and objectives. Complied with safety regulations and maintained clean and orderly work areas.
• Performed highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility's equipment.
• Provided emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
• Performed mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
• Diagnosed problems, replaced or repaired parts, tested and made adjustments. Performed a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
• Performed regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities. Used a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties. Power Generator Specialist
1987 to 1995
Responsible for supervising and performing maintenance and overhaul of Power-Generation equipment, internal combustion engines and associated equipment. Responsible for direct leadership, mentorship and evaluation of five squad members
• Repaired and overhauled starters, alternators, generators, fuel injectors, voltage regulators, switches and control circuits.
• Performed maintenance on tactical utility, precise Power-Generation sets, internal combustion engines and associated equipment.
• Maintained and repaired motors, generators, switchboards, and control equipment, detected and located grounds, open circuits, and short circuits in power distribution cables.
• Operated standard electrical and electronic test equipment, read technical guides and diagrams to locate damaged parts of generators and control equipment.
• Maintained and repaired power and lighting circuits, electrical fixtures, and other electrical equipment.
AS in General Studies
Hinds Community College
• Knowledge, understanding, and proficiency in the following areas: Maintenance Fundamentals, Pneumatics, Hydraulics, Machine Tool Practice, Welding, Plumbing, Power Transmissions, Mechanical skills, and Electrical Troubleshooting. (10+ years)
• Generator Repair
• Blueprint Reading
• Brake Repair
• Mechanic Experience
• Facilities Maintenance
Service Country: United States
September 1987 to September 1995
Please see resume