MONIQUE D. GARY
Extensive work and educational background with experience in performance technology, training and instructional design, curriculum design, needs assessment, project management, data gathering, analysis and reporting techniques, effective communication within all levels of organizations, managing and supervising people. Computer skills include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Captivate and Articulate Storyline e-learning authoring software and numerous Learning Management Systems (LMS). Consistently rated superior in both supervisory ability and technical expertise during 15 years in the United States Army.
Neuroleadership Institute, Remote 6/2021- Present
• Design all levels of learning deliverables to include, storyboards, scripts, presentations, handbooks and interactive activities.
The Auto Club Group Dearborn, MI 8/2018 – 5/2021
• Assisted in the implementation of a new Talent Planning Portal (Cornerstone) system for succession and performance.
• Responsible for managing the reporting function of Succession Planning in the Talent Planning Portal.
• Built Career Paths in the Talent Planning Portal system for a small pilot group of employees with the intent of developing Career Paths for all critical positions within in ACG.
• Developed web-based and instructor-led training for Career Paths. Facilitated the instructor-led Career Path training.
City of Detroit, Office of Talent Development and Performance Management Detroit, MI 9/2015- 6/2018
Manager of Leadership Development
• Managed and provided the necessary technical leadership for a team of Instructional Designers; worked with the team to manage the design and delivery of high-quality learning solutions that achieved the desired business impact.
• Assisted in the design, development and integration of the Talent Development and Performance Management function into the city's operations supporting 9,000+ employees.
• Designed, developed and facilitated 10-module supervisor curriculum, based on manager competencies.
• Chair of city-wide cross-functional training forum. The purpose of the forum was to streamline training resources to minimize excess spending and waste; positively impact business standards by highlighting the importance of acquiring training interventions in a coherent, structured way; and to determine best practices in training employees.
City of Detroit (Contracted through FutureNet Group) Detroit, MI 3/2015-9/2015
Training Manager - General Services Department
• Evaluated training requirements for each department, consulting with department managers.
• Planned, developed, and delivered classroom training for Grounds Maintenance Supervisors.
• Estimated costs of training operations and subsequently managed them in accordance with the budget to ensure maximum return on investments.
• Coached supervisors to develop their leadership skills, to gain career confidence, insight, encouragement, and inspiration.
Monique D. Gary, Page 2
DENSO International America (Contracted through Trillium Technical) Southfield, MI 6/2012-1/2015
Sr. Training and Instructional Design Specialist
• Developed and facilitated instructor-led courseware for DENSO`s Performance Management Process
• Developed eLearning courses with Articulate Storyline eLearning authoring tool.
• Collaborated with internal subject matter experts and affiliate training departments to select, design, develop, customize and deliver appropriate technical and non-technical training and performance improvement initiatives.
• Designed and developed various learning materials, including workbooks, group activities, job aids, simulations, and achievement tests.
Verizon Wireless (Contracted through Softpath System) Southfield, MI 6/2011-6/2012
Technical Training Course Developer
• Designed and developed web-based technical training for implementation of new systems, upgrades of systems, and initiatives for Verizon Wireless.
• Created storyboards, job aids, scenarios, learning activities, online course content, and learning assessments using sound instructional design theory.
• Interpreted instructional needs and collaborated with subject matter experts to translate complex information and concepts into easy-to-understand, technically accurate learning materials. Raytheon Professional Services (Contracted through Revolution Technologies) Troy, MI 11/2010-6/2011
• Designed, implemented, and operated training programs, practices, and procedures for developing optimal utilization of personnel utilizing WBT, CBT, ILT and other media.
• Developed tests and visual aids and developed criteria for evaluating effectiveness of training activities.
Teddy Bear Connection Sterling Heights, MI 07/2007- 05/2010
Owner / Operator / Manager
• Responsible for all aspects of store operations including planning and budgeting, purchasing, merchandising, and customer service.
• Hired and trained sales staff, conducted appraisals and performance reviews. Managed payroll, scheduling, reports, email, and inventory.
DaimlerChrysler Financial Services Farmington Hills, MI 05/2002- 07/2007
Manager-Executive Management Development
Learning Consultant, Learning and Leadership Development Department/ Modis IT
• Arranged for ongoing professional development training for new executives.
• Managed projects with external vendors to support the improvement and development of specific courses in the Executive Management Development curriculum.
• Selected the most effective, efficient and applicable solution for specific performance/process improvement request based on the needs of the target audience.
• Developed level three evaluations for over 80 classroom courses. EDUCATION
MS – Leadership and Coaching, Bellevue University, Bellevue, NE, 2016. Graduate Certificate of Executive Coaching, Bellevue University, Bellevue, NE MA (with Distinction) – Adult Instruction and Performance Technology, University of Michigan- Dearborn, Dearborn, MI
BA – Management and Organizational Development, Spring Arbor College, Spring Arbor, MI