Glen Allen, VA *****
Experienced Operations Manager of 10+ years of Supervising personnel, projects, safety Compliance, logistics and supply management and mechanical maintenance activities. A professional with a proven track record of success in team building and continuous improvement maximizing productivity and implementing cost controls to effectively improve the bottom-line of the organization. Trained in process analysis, management of change and root cause as tools to use towards reduction of accidents and incidents having a negative effect on morale and productivity. A military veteran who possesses skills as an effective leader.
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
Contract for Hire - Glen Allen, VA
June 2019 to Present
Construction Project Management Temporary for hire employee providing Project oversight with operations goals and scheduling and monitoring of the safety program, writing procedure conducting Job Analysis and step by step reviews in conjunction with reviewing OEM manuals and applications. Experience with Concrete Piers, concrete slabs, framing and finish carpentry, drywall repair finishing, painting and priming, decks and porches, roof repairs, electrical troubleshooting. District Field Specialist II (East District)
Buckeye Partners LLC - Montvale, VA
June 2011 to December 2018
District Field Specialist II (East District) (2015 - 2019) District Project Specialist (2013 - 2015)
District Field Specialist I (2011-2013),
Terminal Manager for BP (2010 - 2011)
• Orchestrated product movement and quality control program for tankage, loading racks, and pipeline operations.
• Managed scheduling of personnel as well as contractors on-site.
• Managed bulk fuel storage facility.
• Provided specialized procedural development, training, review, and auditing.
• Supervised day-to-day operations related to the receipt, storage, inventory control, and dispensing of liquid petroleum products across 23 terminals throughout 7 states.
• Conducted investigations related to inventory losses, incident root causes and material failure.
• Coordinated with Project Managers, Operations Managers, contractors and terminal operations personnel to create scopes of work and organize and conduct project kick-offs, supervision and close- out.
• Directed and implemented terminal safety, environmental and security programs.
• Managed relationships with the Local, State and Federal Regulatory Agencies. Highlights of Achievements:
• Continuously promoted to positions with increased levels of responsibility throughout 9 years of employment with company.
• Recognized as Operations Lead in $260 million acquisition and Integration of Chevron "Perth Amboy".
• Oversaw the Integration of the Norfolk Southern Air Force Pipeline operation at Goldsboro, NC.
• Recognized as Operations Lead in $850 million acquisition of Hess Corporation New York Harbor facilities.
• Participated in the Management of Change (MOC) Process and the Continuous Improvement modeling.
• Successfully reduced losses through implementation of inventory management, controls and product tracking.
• Reduced operational incidents using the continuous improvement model and leading indicators.
• Contributed to the integration of personnel into the Lean Operations model using the guidelines of Sigma Six.
Intermont Terminals, LLC (CITGO Asphalt Terminal) - Charlotte, NC September 2000 to August 2010
• Built and managed a 129,000 bbl. bulk petroleum storage terminal.
• Managed all aspects of rail operations; including scheduling, delivery, return routing, and movement of all product from tank railcars to storage tankage.
• Developed and successfully implemented quality control program.
• Oversaw truck loading delivery system.
• Forecasted annual budgeting and budget management.
• Managed direct reports and contractors including scheduling for employees and oversite of contractors performing work on site.
• Served as maintenance management coordinator ensuring availability of systems to support customer needs.
• Responsible for boiler management, to include maintenance, fuel usage, and EPA reporting of exhaust stack emissions.
• Conducted analysis, assessments, and audits of terminal operations, implemented corrective actions as necessary.
• Managed Safety Program; risk assessments, hazard analysis, cost analysis, job safety analysis and work procedure reviews.
Highlights of Achievements:
• Authored procedures to include Terminal Standard Operations Procedures.
• Authored local Terminal Safety, Environmental and Security programs
• Maintained the lowest error and rejects percentage out of the 28-terminal system for nine years.
• Processed an average of 1,700 inbound rail cars annually and 3,500 outbound tanker trailers.
• Increased annual throughput from 17.8 million gallons to 29.4 million gallons within 5-year span.
• Managed Safety Terminal Program, maintaining a Zero Accident rate for over 8 years.
• Successfully eliminated demurrage fees, resulting in $18,000 annual savings. E-7 / Sergeant First Class/ Infantryman/ Aviation Platoon Sergeant United States Army
1978 to 1999
• Unit Readiness NCO; training management, forecasting budgets, Materials Management/ Logistics Operations.
• Responsible for organizational assets valued in excess of 130 million dollars.
• Improved performance and efficiency of direct reports through performance counseling.
• Long and Short-Term Forecasting for Training plans, Budgeting, Coordination, Pre-execution and After Actions Reviews.
• Platoon Sergeant, managed, scheduled workloads and maintained daily accountability for 64 soldiers.
• Served as Aviation Technical Inspector of Utility Helicopter Rotary Wing aircraft.
• Unit Weapons Trainer, Unit Safety NCO and Security Program Manager, systems Trainer.
• Experienced in the use of a variety of special tools and diagnostic equipment in all facets of mechanical repair, diagnostics, repair and inspection.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS & PERMITS
• Safety Trained Supervisor Board of Certified Safety Professionals
• Safety Management Specialist Board of Certified Safety Professionals
• Pipeline Welding Inspector
Some College in SHRM-CP certification Course
Central Virginia Community College - Lynchburg, VA January 2019 to April 2019
Some College in Project Management Professional
Central Virginia Community College - Lynchburg, VA September 2018 to December 2018
High school diploma
University of Alaska Anchorage - Fort Richardson, AK January 1980 to April 1980
High school studies in Basic Education
Hermitage High School - Richmond, VA
1977 to 1978
• Excel (10+ years)
• Inventory Control
• Data Entry
• Materials Management
• Program Management
• Tanker Experience
• Human Resources Management
• Human Resources
• Performance Management
• Change Management
• Employee Orientation
• Facilities Maintenance
• Computer Literacy
• Mechanical Knowledge
• Automotive Diagnostics
• Customer Service
• Fleet Management
• Microsoft Excel
• Microsoft Word
• Clerical Experience
• Team Management
• Process Improvement
• Automotive Repair
• Supervising experience
• Operations management
• Microsoft Office
• Microsoft Outlook
• Strategic Planning
• Production Management
• Workers' Compensation
• Supply Chain
Branch: United States Army
November 1978 to August 1999
Meritorious Service Medal
Army Achievement Medal
Army Commendations Medal
Certifications and Licenses
Safety Management Specialist
June 2017 to December 2022
Management & Leadership Skills: Planning & Execution — Proficient March 2020
Planning and managing resources to accomplish organizational goals. Full results: Proficient
Indeed Assessments provides skills tests that are not indicative of a license or certification, or continued development in any professional field.
Safety Management Specialist w/ the Board of Certified Safety Professionals. Previous certification as Safety Trained Supervisor Aviation Safety; Accident Prevention Course
NC State Univ.; Safety Management for Small Business VIOSH 10 Hour Course for Construction