Cell: 301-***-**** firstname.lastname@example.org https://www.linkedin.com/in/muluken-tadesse- b11715207
SUMMARY: Microsoft and AWS Certified Database Administrator, more than 15 years of Professional Experience including having more than 5 years of direct experience in administering and managing multiple on-premises and cloud-based databases with proficiency in SQL technologies and developing business intelligence solutions. Support Team with excellent communication, effective organization as well as data analytical skills.
• Data Analytics: TSQL, PowerBI, Tableau, SAS
• Data Modeling: ER Studio and Erwin
• ETL/Data warehouse Tools: SSIS, AWS Glue, Amazon Redshift.
• Databases: SQL Server, MongoDB, Oracle DB
• Programming: T-SQL, PowerShell, Python, HTML, XML
• Backup Tools: LightSpeed, Redgate
• Ticketing Tools: ServiceNow, JIRA
• Cloud/Azure/AWS: PaaS, IaaS, migrated on premises DB and legacy products, deployed products, setup development and test environment on Azure and AWS Experience:
August 2019 to Date: SQL Database Administrator, Eagles Analytica Inc.
• Manage and administer 36 SQL Server database instances hosting OLTP and OLAP databases which are as large as 4TB.
• Perform day to day DBA activities such as managing maintenance plan, monitoring SQL server health, job status, addressing user requirements and support databases.
• Resolve database and query performance issues including long-running queries, locks, deadlocks, and issues related to indexes using SQL native tools for critical systems.
• Manage and Upgrade/ Install database-related clustered and stand-alone servers in both physical and virtual environment.
• Support migrating 16 MS SQL server instances to Amazon RDS and Create SQL Server instances, replication & tasks, source and target endpoint for DB migration.
• Take backups of 5 on-premises databases to store in a targeted Azure blob storage using import/export service.
• Automate processes using SQL Stored Procedures, PowerShell and T-SQL scripts, creating jobs, and error reporting, configure database mail, create alerts, operators and notifications.
• Create database security architecture and implement the least privilege principle to safeguarding sensitive data stored in databases.
• Develops and utilizes best practices, checklists and defined document processes for installations, clustering, availability group setup, and patching.
• Develop SSIS packages dealing with different data sources (OLEDB and ODBC, flat files, CSV and XML) and load the data into a target data source.
• Generate reports from SSRS, PowerBI and Tableau, set up subscriptions and refresh schedules of the reports, and deploy the generated reports on to the report server to access it through browsers in variety formats such as excel, CSV, pdf, html and report server.
• Work on logical and physical database design and implementation using Erwin and ER Studio, and providing support to the application team and rebuilding databases.
• Optimizes database accessibility by developing load balancing architectures and processes to eliminate down time for backup processes.
• Limits database accessibility based upon information security level and ensures data spillage from more secure to less secure database does not occur.
• Expert with HADR (High Availability/ Disaster Recovery), Always On and Failover Clusters.
• Experienced in Cloud base technologies such as AWS, Azure and Google Cloud.
• Implements and supports database security regulations, policies, guidelines and monitor security bulletins to obtain information of potential threats; installs necessary security patches to ensure ongoing database security.
January 2016, June 2019: SQL Database Administrator/Developer, Clever Data insight
• Successfully executed database DBA roles and responsibilities on 5 SQL Server instances hosting 125 databases.
• Administered all functions of the database projects associated with the design, implementation, and maintenance of databases including querying, security, back-up, logging, reporting, recovery procedures & database tuning.
• Designed aggregate structures, denormalized tables, and views for reporting solutions.
• Performed Data transformations and data integration services using SSIS for data exchanges in various formats among different departments.
• Developed a security scheme for the database environment, as well as assisting in disaster recovery.
• Provided assistance during the development and enhancement of production applications that involve Microsoft SQL Server databases including working with applications, technical support, and operations during the design, development and implementation of applications.
• experienced in writing stored procedures, triggers, views and adding/changing tables for data load and transformation, and data extraction
• Resolved performance issues using SQL native tools such as Database Engine Tuning advisor, SQL profiler, Activity monitor, Window performance monitor, DBCC, Stored procedure, DMV & DMFs Queries.
January 2005 to December 2015: Managing Director, Baptist Development Organization
• Directed and coordinated overall activities of the organization.
• Assisted project managers in the development of project plans including detailed projects estimates and tasks required for project activities. Utilized standard corporate tolls to record change and problem activities for tracking purposes.
• Aggressively promoted programs to result in revenue increases of 24%.
• Prepared and directed a $6.5 million Birr annual budget.
• Supervised staff of 445 Residential Managers and Direct Support Professionals in the operation of round-the-clock supported living programs.
• Designed and monitored the delivery of individualized program plans for Ten-project residents.
• Delivered monthly budgetary and operational reports to concerned signatories.
• Increased efficiency by 33% and reduced costs by 20% combining smaller residential units. ADDITIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE and CARRIER HISTORY
Uber driver, Washington metropolitan area, September/2017 – EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS and TRAINING
• Microsoft Certified: Azure Database Administrator Associate. May 2021.
• Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals. March 2021.
• AWS Certified cloud practitioner. April 2021.
• Certified System Security Credential Practitioner (SSCP). May 2017
• Microsoft Certified: Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2014. August 2016.
• Graduate-level courses in Business A. Foundation for academic excellence, 2010, A.A
• Bachelor of Arts Degree in Culture and Communication, Addis- Ababa University, 2009
• Associate Degree -Applied Mathematics, Addis Ababa University, 2005. References are available upon request.