WILLIAM GAMBACORT LLC. 2000 – 2008 SENIOR TRAVEL DIRECTOR 2009 - 2020
• Coordinate on-site logistics for group incentive travel and company-wide business meetings focusing on Fortune 500 companies in the financial, automotive, pharmaceutical and technology industries globally.
• Enforce contracts and monitor invoices to help control costs while submitting accurate client billing for the program with some budgets exceeding $2 million dollars.
• Consistently lead groups of Travel Directors ranging in size from 2 - 25 on-site with duties including scheduling, crisis management, billing, and client liaison.
• Coordinate between hotel and clients regarding rooms occupancy, attrition, and earned comps. • Manage shipping and receiving for both meeting materials and amenities for groups of 50 to 2500
• Responsible for room deliveries of program amenities including inventory management of gifts and give a way.
WALMART SUPER CENTER 2008 – 2009 CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGER
• Responsible for working closely with the Store Manager in securing a comfortable and healthy working environment and ensuring the success of the store and departments through customer service while continuing and maintaining customer satisfaction.
• Over saw daily scanning of “impulse” inventory on the Front End for accuracy and price changes resulting in reducing the time factor down by almost 20%.
• Hired associates, performed personal discussions, performance reviews and coaching sessions. • Supervised proper customer check out process and troubleshooting resulting in a seamless
• Responsible for cash office which prepared daily cash & check deposits.
MARRIOTT HOTELS 1991 - 2000 540 NORTH MICHIGAN AVE CHICAGO, IL
• Executive Meeting Manager – Responsible for the operation from contract to payment of meetings in the hotel that require 10 or less sleeping rooms.
• Convention Floor Manager – Responsible for the set up and maintenance of 58,000 square feet of meeting space. Management of 25 Meeting Room Set Up staff.
• Reservation Manager – Worked closely with the Director of Revenue to ensure maximum room revenue. Controlled hotel sleeping room inventory. Managed a staff of 13 onsite Reservation Sales Agents as well as 2 Group Housing Coordinators.
• Catering Sales Manager – Responsible for booking short term local catering events.
• Conference Service Manager – Responsible for large meeting management from contract to payment. Coordinated the various departments in the hotel to ensure the customers’ expectations were exceeded.
Associates of Applied Science 1987 - 1989 Blanton’s Junior College