Address: Dubai, UAE Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: +971-**-*******
SR. PROFESSIONAL – TRADE SALES & MARKETING CUSTOMER SERVICE BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT Extensive exposure in the Shipping sector across career with proven success in ensuring optimum results P R O F I L E S U M M A R Y
• Highly accomplished, top-performing and persuasive Trade Marketing professional offering over 10 years of experience
• Expert in understanding changing market dynamics, translating them into actionable strategies and implementing strategies to achieve pre-set objectives as determined by the Sales & Marketing plan
• Comprehensive experience in achieving exceptional results in highly competitive environments that demands continuous improvements
• Knowledgeable industry expert who leverages a network of well-established professional relationships to identify and seize unique business opportunities with new & existing customers. Exceptional presenter, negotiator and deal closer
• Credible & articulate, with exceptional communication, presentation & interpersonal skills; enthusiastic and driven, with an overall passion for excellence; multi-lingual person with proficiency in English, Hindi, Malayalam and Tamil C O R E C O M P E T E N C I E S
Revenue Growth & ROI
Market Research & Intelligence
O R G A N I S A T I O N A L E X P E R I E N C E
HAI MA SHIPPING, Dubai, UAE
Marketing &Trade coordinator / Commercial Assistance Since Nov 2019
• Currently responsible for overseeing all slot marketing activities for Iran region feeder services, Indian ports and third-party services.
• Accountable for providing customers with information related to their booking request/s and action taken
• Instrumental in conducting regular sales visits, compiling marketing and competition reports, new customer acquisition to ensure consistent business flow and revenue generation for the company
• Work in close collaboration with overseas Agents on challenging/outstanding issues and provide customers with best solutions addressing their grievances.
• Quoting rates to customers and follow up for bookings.
• Continuously monitor competitor pricing and provide analysis of competitive pricing structures and trends.
• Work with cross-functional teams like Sales and Accounts for following-up on payments from clients
• Aim at achieving revenue targets ensuring all enhancement plans are in place ensuring customers’ expectations are achieved/exceeded with strict adherence to agreed SOW and delivery within timelines
• Identify marketing opportunities by analyzing consumer requirements, defining market/competitor's share, and competitor's strengths & weaknesses, forecasting projected business and establishing targeted market share. X-PRESS FEEDERS, Dubai, UAE (Since Nov 2012)
Trade & Marketing Coordinator for West Asia region feeder services. Nov 2015 – Oct 2019
• Judiciously finalized bookings for respective sectors on each vessel/voyage in collaboration with line Managers and JV partners ensuring maximum utilization on the vessel through effective planning and coordination.
• Thoroughly monitored costs to be incurred as well as third part costs
• Actively attended to and resolved inquiries/concerns raised by customers and recommended viable solutions leading to increased customer satisfaction and company profitability
• Prepared and submitted tender file/s for each MLO and followed-on the required procedures thereof
• Cautiously monitored completion services and highlighted weekly reports with JV customer list for marketing/commercial targets.
Tran-shipment Coordinator Apr 2014 – Oct 2015
• Skillfully assessed suitability for loading/discharging of trans-shipment cargo when the container vessel arrives at the port
• Played a key role in sending discharging/loading instructions to all scheduled ports and continuously monitoring all operational aspects by coordinating with the vessels’ command/terminal and respective Agents
• Closely collaborated with operations for keeping updated on latest port conditions, identifying issues and recommending/implementing corrective measures as required Operations Support Nov 2012 – Mar 2014
• Proactively coordinated with line Managers for vessel utilization and scheduling for upcoming ports
• Primarily tasked with updating long-term schedule plans on their respective services and maintaining uploading port status file after sailing of vessel with final loaded units/tug usage and bunker details for accurate billing
• Analyzed and understood stringent cargo restrictions and safe segregation to assess suitability to be discharged for storage in the contained yard.
Operations Analyst, DA-DESK FZE, Sharjah (May 2010 – Oct 2012)
Actively coordinated with customers/Operators and Agents at defined ports for forwarding port agency appointment/s as per instructions from customers, and following-up with them for estimated port disbursement account for the vessel at a specific port
Meticulously involved in processing/comparing the same with the current tariff at the specific port and sharing it with the Operator/customer thereby helping them in remitting advance funds to the Agent accordingly
Involved in processing final disbursement account for the specific Agents/ports/vessels as received from the Agents after sailing of the vessel from the specific port under the Agent Business Development Executive, GLOBAL LOGISTICS SOLUTIONS P LTD (GLS), Mumbai, India (Sep 2009 – Apr 2010)
Job imparted is to meet around 5-6 clients a day and adding new clients
Trying to provide maximum service to reach customer satisfaction.
Regular follow up with clients for outstanding receivables.
Negotiating Freight rates with carriers & co-loaders.
Following up with CFS operations towards shipments stuffing plan. P R E C E D I N G A S S I G N M E N T S
Management Trainee, Tristar logistics and shipping pvt Ltd(Hull & Hatch line), Kochi, India (Jun-July 2008) A C A D E M I C D E T A I L S
2009: MBA - Shipping & Logistics Management, AMET University, Chennai, India 2007: B Sc – Biochemistry, CMS College of Science & Commerce, Coimbatore, India P E R S O N A L D E T A I L S
DOB – 22/08/1985
Driving License – Yes