Control & Instrumentation Automation Cryogenic Propulsion
email@example.com 934-***-**** Tamilnadu, India
Highly proficient professional, Control and Instrumentation Engineer for Ground Testing of rocket engines with cryogenic propellants for Indian space programmes with an extensive background in engineering, installation and commissioning. Skilled professional in PLC programming, cryogenic process control system design in applying optimal techniques for reliability and safety. Proven technical ability, experience in design, programming PLC based control systems and cryogenic instrumentation. Competent engineer with over 8 year’s professional experience and has as strong ability to mentor others. Results-driven Engineering professional with impressive analytical and technical support abilities. Impeccable client management and leadership skills with impressive professional-speaking abilities. Ability to self-direct and work on multiple assignments at once while meeting project deliverable dates and completing other task-driven assignments. Planning, ability to communicate effectively with various levels and work effectively in collaborative team environment. Driven by new challenges and adept at adapting to any cultural and business environments.
Scientist/Engineer 02/2013 - Present
ISRO Propulsion Complex (IPRC) TamilNadu, India
Designing, operating reliable & safety critical automation systems, commissioning of Instrumentation systems for developmental, qualification & acceptance testing of Engine, Turbopumps and subsystems of cryogenic stage. The subsystems performed flawlessly in launch vehicles.
Control & Instrumentation Engineer
Conversant and well versed with the SDLC and ISRO Software Engineering Standards for software development and executing projects for real-time applications at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory of India for Eight years.
Collecting the user requirements for accessing the software, hardware and interface requirements for the proposed control system. Analyzing the end user requirements for testing and converting the user requirements into software requirements for real time systems.
Proficiency with IEC 61131-3 industrial programming languages. Designing the software based on structured text as required for the application for PLC and SCADA. Testing, Verification & validation of automation sequences and Safety interlocks.
Hands-on experience with PLC controllers, data acquisition systems. Design and implementation of control logic including handling of complex cryogenic process control, PID loops, interlocks etc.
Responsible for maintaining reliable system, existing PLC, SCADA, and related hardware along with communications, back- ups and software.
Design & Implementation of Emergency shutdown (ESS) scheme for various hardware’s during testing.
Developed I&C design documents including Control panel layouts and wiring diagrams, Generation of I/O requirements, I/O wiring diagrams, Instrument location plans, Instrument installation details, Instrument field wiring diagrams, panel wiring diagrams, Solenoid panel layouts and Control loop diagrams.
Has a working knowledge of industry standards and regulations
(e.g. ISA, IEC, IEEE, IS, hazardous classification & API guidelines for instrumentation). Knowledge on industrial networks (Ethernet, TCP/IP & HART protocol).
Developed project procedures, standards and functional requirements specifications for control systems and instrumentation. Generated specifications & conducted Technical Evaluation Committees for procurement of items.
Root-cause analysis of instrumentation systems, test data and proposed corrective actions. Participated in design reviews including HAZOP and FMECA.
Proficient in Cryogenic Process Control with Redundancy, Fast Response auto & abort Systems during hot tests, Low temperature instrumentation up to 13K which includes pressure, temperature, flow, level measurements. Experienced with safe cryogenic engineering practices & pneumatic controls.
Deputed abroad as a member of Indian space delegation for 69TH International Astronautical Congress (IAC) held at Bremen, Germany from 1-5 OCT 2018. The theme “Involving Everyone” allowed to interact and actively participate with various space players. PUBLICATIONS
1. "Dynamic threshold detection based abort scheme for safeguarding cryogenic turbo pumps during cavitation". 69th International Astronautical Congress (IAC-IAF), Bremen, Germany
(2018) Vinod P, UmaDhevi R.P, Ezhilrajan Elayaperumal, Rajapandian S and Louis Sam Titus.
2. “Self-Tuning Fuzzy-PID controller for mixture ratio flow regulator of cryogenic rocket engines ” Journal of Mechanical and Aeronautical Engineering Research (2019) Ezhilrajan E, Vinod P, Rajapandian S and Louis Sam Titus L.
3. "Soft calibration adapted for refinement of Catch Tank Temperature measurements for Cryogenic propulsion" International Conference on Electrical, Computer, Communications and Mechatronics Engineering (ICECCME) 2021. Ezhilrajan E, Vinod P and Rajapandian S (under review)
4. “Modeling and Tuning of closed loop process control valve for cryogenic applications” Aeronautical Society of India (AeSI - ASET) 2015 Vinod.P, Ezhilrajan.E, Jesammal.P and Titus.L.S. 5. “Implementation of New Software Logic for Abort System considering sensor & amplifier failure modes for testing of Cryogenic Engines” Aeronautical Society of India (AeSI - ASET) 2015. Ezhilrajan.E, Vinod.P, Jesammal.P, Ingersol.S, Titus.L.S. 6. “Hybrid Controller for closed loop process Control valve” Large scale multi-disciplinary systems of national significance, Trends & Challenges, LAMSYS 2016. Ezhilrajan.E, Vinod.P, Sunitha, Jesammal.P, Titus.L.S.
Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology
Bachelors of Technology in Avionics GPA 8.41/10
August 2008 – May 2012 Trivandrum, Kerala
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kanpur, India Training & Internship
April 2020 – June 2020
“Introduction to AI & IoT”
Introduction to Internet of things, C/C++ for IoT applications, Python foundations, Statistics for Data Science, Machine learning, Deep learning, IoT Communication protocols, App development using MIT app inventor.
Python, PID based control, Real-time control, MATLAB, Simulink, Arduino, NodeMCU, Data Acquisition using LabVIEW, Microsoft office, Cryogenic Process control
EXTRA CIRCULAR ACTIVITIES
1. Content preparation and compilation of video on latest trends in AI during ISRO level Seminar on Computers & Information system. 2. Volleyball & Tennis: Represented IPRC in Inter center sports meet and awarded with player of the match trophy on several occasions. 3. Trained the student volunteers for various exhibits at Vikram Sarabhai Centenary Programme expo held at Tirunelveli and Tuticorin
& Member secretary for publicity, advertisement and video committee. LANGUAGES
English, Telugu, Hindi and Tamil