CURRICULUM VITAE OF PHINDILE XULU
Surname : Xulu
First Name : Phindile Lusiwe
Identity No. : 750**********
Date of Birth : 25.07.1975
Sex : Female
Marital Status : single
Telephone No : 078-***-**** Cell
Postal Address : F1598 Ntuzuma T/Ship
E-Mail Address : email@example.com
Driver’s Licence : none
Nationality : South African
Race : African
Name of School : Entembeni high School
Highest Std. Passed : Matric (Grade 12)
Year Completed : 1995
Subjects : English, Afrikaans, Home Economics
: History, Zulu
NAME OF INSTITUTION: ETHEKWINI TVET COLLEGE
COURSE PUBLIC MANAGEMENT
QUALIFICATION NATIONAL N DIPLOMA
SKILLS AND COMPETENCY
Customer service orientation
Strong communication skills both verbal and written
Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadline
Good time management skills
Willing to assist others and work well with team
Ability to function well with a team as well as independently
Advance in using word processor
Fast typing and capturing
Above average Planning and organizing skills
Good telephone etiquette
Problem solving skills
1. Name of Company : Zubeda K. Seedat & Company
Job Title : Legal Secretary
(October 2007 – July 2020)
Secretary to Attorneys who deal with Magistrate’s Court and High Court work:-
- Firm on the Road Accident Fund Panel of Attorneys
- Answer and screen telephone calls. Execute office and general administrative duties. Manage electronic mail. Maintain diary and manage appointments of the Attorneys.
- Acknowledge receipt of documents, records and issue minutes.
- Arrange meetings/pre-trial conferences with relevant Attorneys upon request.
- Ensure submission of monthly report/schedule to the Road Accident Fund
- Control telephone account on monthly basis.
- Upload documents via LMS System
- Update all trial dates on Hortors on a daily basis
- Updating of files on a schedule on a daily basis
- Prepare documents for medico-legal assessments with experts.
- Scheduling of appointments, pre-trial conferences,
- Attending High Court Trial Rolls, preparing for Trials, briefing of Counsel
- Direct communication with the Road Accident Fund handlers on a daily basis
- Typing & preparation of all High Court documents i.e Subpoenas, Plea, Pre- trial Notices, Tenders, etc
- General office duties
- Compile memorandums and presentations
- Arrange Conference meetings with relevant Attorneys
- Scanning documents and send it via LMS system
Submitting finalised matters to client
- Assist with drafting of statements and affidavits.
- Follow up on payments of all settled matters
- Assist the attorneys with trying to settle matters.
- Diarize dates of trial and medico-legal appointments
- Prepare documents, including legal briefs, court subpoenas, spreadsheets and other office-related letters.
- Organize and maintain all legal files kept on-site. maintain electronic-filing databases.
- provide lawyers with direct assistance, such as helping with research for cases, gathering necessary documents for trials and submitting paperwork to courthouses
- keep and update telephone list
- Scheduling of appointments
- Liaising and dealing with client
- daily basis typing of court documents,
- Typing Bills of Costs
Secretary to Attorneys in Estates Department
- Attending to the administration of new intestate/estate
- Typing and preparing letters to Masters offices.
- Typing of liquidation and Distribution account.
- Typing of statement of account
- Typing and preparing letters to Masters offices
REASON FOR LEAVING: Retrenched
1. Name of Company : Kooblal Incorporated
Job Title : Receptionist
(January 2004-June 2007)
Job Description : Answering of switchboard, screening telephone calls
keep and update telephone list, Compile
memorandums and presentations
Scheduling of appointments
Liaising and dealing with client
daily basis typing of court documents,
acknowledge receipt of documents, arrange
meetings,workshops and general
administrative duties .
Reason for leaving : Better prospects
1996-2000- stay –at- home -mum
2000-2003 –shop assistant
Reason for leaving: Better prospects
Microsoft Office: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access,
Well acquainted with Outlook and the Internet
PREFERRED AREAS OF WORK:
- Personal Assistant /Secretary/Receptionist / Administrative Clerk/Typist /filing Clerk/ Data Capture
- Willing to learn and undergo any training in an Administrative Company as I have extensive computer skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
1. Rose Deokanarain Manageress: Zubeda K Seedat &
2. Reshmi Rampersad Attorney: 082-***-****
3. Mumtha Singh Attorney: 083-****-***