Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/adeboye-akinsola-0a0a4651 Summary
A dynamic and an astute finance professional, an internally motivated team player with ownership disposition to work and an incredibly strong penchant for performance and excellence. I am highly focused, reliable and detail oriented, equally possessing high level of personal responsibility and ability to take initiative to efficiently drive tasks from start to finish.
I have garnered over 10 years of diversified and robust work experience in Professional Accounting and Finance across sectors including Financial services, Professional Accounting and Human resource consulting, Manufacturing (FMCG) and Telecommunications. I have an excellent grasp of accounting controls, accounting operations, financial reporting, treasury operations, system and process improvement and Risk Management.
I seek to further my career in a reputable organization that is progress oriented. Experience
Position & Company Name Key responsibilities and achievements Years Platform Capital Investment
Head Portfolio Finance & Accounts.
-Drive and implement financial strategy of the Companies
-Ensure preparation and integrity of Financial Statements of over forty (40) Portfolio Companies.
- Conduct Performance Measurement of Portfolio Companies
- Co-ordinate Monthly Performance Review
March 2021 to
Assistant Manager Finance
Vodacom Business Africa (Nigeria)
- Prepare annual and monthly working capital budget and monitor execution.
- Tactically plan cash to ensure timely payment to over 100 vendors with a view to routinely grow investments and interest income by 500%.
- Supervise payment processing and reporting of all daily inflow to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Collaborate with the treasury team to identify innovative and efficient working processes.
- Oversee all Foreign Exchange Trade transactions to ensure Foreign currencies are maintained at a suitable level for settling all FOREX denominated obligations.
- Manage relationship with the business’ Bankers and Officers of the Nigeria Communication commissions in order to ensure prompt 2017 to 2021
Senior Accountant - Finance
approval of all foreign invoices for FOREX sourcing. Finance Dashboard and Data Analytics Project
Championed a company-wide finance dashboard design project in collaboration with a team of 2 to deliver within record timeline of 6 months
Finance Library Project
Championed the team that established a Library for the Finance Department Staff
Financial Reporting and Planning
- Supported the financial reporting and planning accounting team on OPEX budget draft, harmonization and submission within all required timelines.
-Monitored OPEX budget execution and performed variance analysis.
-Worked in the team that ensured month-end closing and reporting were efficiently done, consistently meeting timeline for submission of reports for management use.
- Monthly coordination and completion of statement of financial positions ledgers reconciliations.
- Supervised and reviewed ageing report and bank reconciliation completed by the respective teams. By implementing a proactive process, there were no reconciling items in the accounts of over 25 banks over a period of 1 year.
2016 to 2017
Senior Associate Finance
KPMG Professional Services
KPMG Professional Services
Monthly Reporting and Bank Reconciliation.
- Collaborated with team members for monthly financial statement preparation for over 20 buiseness units
Completed Bank reconciliations for about 30 Bank accounts.
- Handled account code maintenance and users profiling on Greatsoft Accounting software.
Project Cost Control
- Cost monitoring and management on client engagement to ensure profitability while assessing and reporting all variances. Treasury Operations and Account Payables
-Supported the local office financial controller in delivering treasury operations, account payables and banking relationships
-Oversaw the cash advances record – providing advance to over 1000 employees, monitoring utilization and completion of retirements. 2015 to 2016
2013 to 20115
Associate Account officer (Team
Whyte Cleon Limited
-In charge preparation of monthly financials.
Maintained investment schedules and fixed asset schedules.
- Drove significant efficiency and process improvements, notable amongst which was clearing a 12-month backlog of Bank Reconciliation Statements
Chief Cashier (Team Lead) Cash Management and Supervision 2012-2013 AB Microfinance Bank Nigeria ( A
subsidary of Access Holdings
- Oversaw branch liquidity planning and execution. Implemented cash procedures and policies as well Supervision of cashiers.
-Handled cash and cheques processing (deposits and withdrawals)at both operational and supervisory levels. Rose to become a Chief Cashier in 18 months due to diligence, efficiency, proper conduct and excellent work ethics.
Fola Ojeyanju & co (Chartered
-Handled tax filing for VAT and WHT computation and filing for clients.
-Involved in Vouching and preparation of schedules during Audit engagements.
Corps Member Teacher
Govt. Day Junior Sec. School,
Agaie, Niger State. (NYSC)
Instructed Business studies and Computer Science.
Built students interests in the subjects and inspired them to get to the peak of academics.
Was the ‘go-to’ Teacher whom students easily came to for career guidance.
Safaats Ventures Ltd, Iyana
Iyesi, Ota, Ogun State
-Handled general book keeping and accounting task such as:
-Inflow recording, payment processing recording and expense classification. bank reconciliation, Payroll computation.
-Assisted in weekly stock taking.
-Prepared product profitability analysis for the MD and revealed the margin on the products for decision making. Consequently some product lines were scrapped the company diversified. 2008
Educational & Professional Qualifications
Qualification Institution Years
Qualified Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), UK 2020
Accountant ( ACA)
Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) 2012
(2nd Class Upper)
Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye, Ogun state 2008
Moshood Abiola Polytechnic, Abeokuta
IT skills Proficiency level
Microsoft Office Suite Advanced
Greatsoft practice Soft
Power BI Beginner
Member of faith-based CRS Team to Motherless Children’s Home Hobbies and interests
Reading: Variety of subjects
Cycling: Amateur rider, currently riding about 10km on weekends. Music : Amateur singer, particularly in gospel genre, previously in church choir. References
Associate Director, Finance
KPMG Professional Services Nigeria
Olukunle Babarinde, FCCA
Senior Manager, Finance