OMOKHUALE CALEB IKHUORIA
Ikwa- Redeem, Ikwa Junction, Off Zuba Express way, Zuba, Abuja. *+234-803-***-**** email@example.com
Date of Birth: 18-05-1987 Nationality: Nigerian Gender: Male CAREER OBJECTIVE
Promoting workplace best practices that are key to the attainment of corporate and individual goals.
1. Associate member, Accounting Technician Scheme, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), September, 2006.
2. Associate member, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), November, 2009.
3. Student member (Examination Level II), Institute of Chartered Stockbrokers of Nigeria
4. The ICAN Technical Competence Initiative (TCI), January, 2012. EDUCATION
DURATION SCHOOL ATTENDED CERTIFICATE OBTAINED
2007 – 2011 University of Nigeria, Nsukka. Bachelor of Science in Accounting- Second Class: Upper Division.
2007 - 2009 Professional Examinations, ACA, November, 2009. Institute of Chartered Accoutants
Of Nigeria (ICAN).
2005 – 2006 Accounting Techician Scheme, AAT, September, 2006. Institute of Chartered Accoutants
Of Nigeria (ICAN).
1997 - 2003 Government Secondary School, WAEC, May/June, 2003. Otto, Ijanikin, Lagos.
SKILLS PROFESSIONAL SKILLS:
Financial and management accounts reporting, liquidity management, internal control and risk evaluation, good understanding of the legal framework of business practice in Nigeria, understanding of business systems and accounting systems set-up, pricing, working capital management, tax management and Compliance, budgeting, variance analysis and budgetary control, small scale business development, evaluation of business processes and controls.
Hands-on experience in the use of SAGE Evolution, Peachtree, IBroker, MS-Excel, MS-Word.
Logical and analytic Skills, strong creative prowess, ability to work with little or no supervision, communication skills, positive attitude to work and learning, self-motivated, result-oriented and target-driven..
WORK EXPERIENCE DURATION JOB DESIGNATION WORK PLACE
1. May, 2012 – July,2012 Audit Trainee Onyefulu Eddymic & Co Chartered Accountants, Enugu, Nigeria.
2. Nov, 2012 – Nov,2013 NYSC Corp Member National Youth Service Corp
(NYSC), Ondo State, Nigeria.
• Lectured Basic Marketing Principles and Practice at the Aquinas College, Akure (i.e. my place of primary assignment during the service year).
• Worked as MDG Development Facilitator (MDG /Community Development Group, Akure).
3. Dec, 2013 – April, 2016 Investment Officer Chapelhill Denham Group, Lagos, Nigeria.
A. As the firm’s Mutual fund accountant my roles were;
• The preparation of the funds management accounts as the trustee demands.
(i.e. The Women investment fund (WIF), Nigerian Global Investment Fund
(NGIF) and The Paramount Equity Fund(PEF)).
• Preparation of half year financial statement of the firm’s funds.
• Maintaining the books of the three funds.
• Attending to the trustees and auditors of the fund on issues relating to the accounts of the fund.
WORK EXPERIENCE (CONTD.)
DURATION JOB DESIGNATION WORK PLACE
B. As a member of the Finance and operations team my roles were;
• Processing Client related payments.
• Updating client’s investment account (Both Fixed income and security trading accounts) to reflect daily transactions.
• Preparation and filing of bank reconciliation statements.
• Brokerage reconciliation to determine amounts due to custodians and amount payable to prime brokers.
• Tracking daily trade settlements to determine Liquidity demands dues on T+3.
C. Treasury Functions includes;
• Circulating weekly updates on the valuations of cost of client’s funds.
• Monthly valuation and reporting of the income earned by the Investment management division for the Month.
• Updating the firm’s money market rate guide
• Negotiating fixed deposit placements on the firm’s behalf.
• Updating Client’s money market and private wealth investment details (i.e. Investment bookings, rollovers and liquidation).
• Provide support in the preparation of firm wide monthly management accounts.
• Bidding on behalf of the firm at the CBN treasury bills auction. 4. August,2016 – May,2018 Management Trainee Sahel Capital Agribusiness Managers Limited. (Fund
Managers For the Finance
in Nigeria (FAFIN).
(4a.) August,2016-May,2017 Management Reporting L&Z Integrated Farms (FAFIN’s Accoutant Investee Company) Kano,
(4b) June 2017 – May,2018 Management Reporting Crest-Agro Products Limited Accountant (FAFIN’s Investee Company)
• Administer all accounts and budgets for various departments, perform audits on tax and prepare reports for regulatory authorities.
• Co-ordinate with internal and external auditors during audits. WORK EXPERIENCE (CONTD.)
• Collaborate with accounting and finance teams and prepare financial statements monthly.
• Co-ordinating with the Chief Financial Officer(CFO) to evaluate all fiscal and finance procedures and recommend improvements for the team.
• Support senior management of the company on finance-related initiatives.
• Report regularly to the CEO/Chief Operating Officer at the investee company to assess the completion of objectives, in line with FAFIN’s investment strategy. 5. June,2018 – January,2019 Finance Manager Viisaus Technology Limited Key Roles:
• Oversee the finance function and finance related activities.
• Development of finance SOPs.
• Preparation of the first set of accounts for the business (yet to finalized).
• Maintenance of a monthly regulatory compliance tracker.
• Provide a payment platform that ensures the ease of business transactions. 6. January 2019 – Till date Freelance Finance services a. Sai Anwara Iju Mai Consultaire Limited
b. Hillcrest Agro-allied Limited
c. Murcul Incorporated.
d. Adedotun Soyebi Productions Limited.
1. Academic coordinator, Christian association of business students, UNN (2009/2010). 2. President of the Christian association of business student, university of Nigeria, Nsukka
(2010/2011) developed skills in leadership, team development and ability to work with team to breakthrough.
3. Business Manager, Nigerian Christian Corpers Fellowship (NCCF), Ondo state chapter
(2013). Achieved about 275% appreciation in the value of business working capital within a period of 4months.
1. The Undergraduate Business Conference (December 2010). 2. Seminar organized by the institute for national transformation in collaboration with the golden heart foundation “Leadership and Character Development” (September, 2009). 3. Attended a Seminar/Workshop organized by AfriHUB Nigeria Ltd, University of Nigeria, Enugu Campus on “Career Development, Work Ethics, Job Recruitment Processes and Business Development, Investments and Management” (November 2008)
LANGUAGES English, Esan and Yoruba
Reading and helping people.
1. Mr.Abidemi Oni, Chief Financial Officer, Chapel Hill Denham Group, Nigeria.
2. Mr. Dolapo Onayemi (FCCA, ACA, Dip IFRS), Financial Controller, Niger Delta Petroleum Resources.*+234-802-***-****.
3. M.D.Abubakkar, Managing Director, L&Z Integrated Farms Limited, Kano,*+234-803-***-****.
4. Mr. Samuel Olubowale, Group Financial Controller, Bua Group Limited, Nigeria. 5. Prof. Justitia Nnabuko, Dean, Faculty of Business Administration, University of Nigeria, Nsukka.
6. Dr. Grace Ofoegbu, Head of department, Accountancy, University of Nigeria, Nsukka.