STEPHANIE L GELBERD
Forward thinking, innovative, self-driven culinary executive with 26 years’ experience in all facets of the food industry. Dedicated to continuous creative expansion, guest and client relations, team building, health and sustainable practices, safety and sanitation, and strategic bottom line management. Career flow has gone from restaurants, management, corporate training, independent catering, corporate catering, and executive consulting. Retain great passion for the food and beverage industry, vast knowledge and training in world cuisines, financial operations, and growing the business and profits. SKILLS PROFILE
- Leadership/communication skills, client relations, employee retention
- Business operations, P&L management, labor cost controls
- Multi-Unit management, new business development, opening and national travel
- Innovation, sustainability, health centric, creative solutions
- Serve Safe Certified
Executive Chef, Savor Catering
Harrisburg, PA 7/1/2017- Present
Upon beginning at the Farm Sow, I was tasked with repairing fractured client relations, poor morale, and culinary team. I networked local hangouts, talking to candidates with excitement about building a new team and the opportunities at the property. The catering menu transitioned from packaged freezer foods to scratch cooking with heavy emphasis on local and seasonal fare. Sitting with clients, I truly listened to their past concerns, sent samples to tantalize them with new things to come, and provided great looking, high quality, delicious food on time for every event. I executed events whose sales topped $1.75 million over a two week timespan and have seen an uptrend of 18% food sales over prior year’s events. Comments are continuously received about improved food quality, selection, and freshness. Cross utilization of product from catering to concessions menus and then featured in café specials has kept waste low, costs low, and menu variation high. Regional Executive Chef, Wolfgang Puck
- Regional manager of 4 upscale catering properties. Responsibilities involved; food and labor costs, catering and special events, staff training, hiring, purchasing and client retention. Complete menu overhauls including quarterly seasonal menu updates.
- Opened multiple catering properties, ranging from nightclubs, fine dining and corporate catering.
- Created, designed and executed a training program to develop employees in the areas of corporate standards of excellence, menu rollouts, and safety.
- An intricate team member of Webtrition, part of the FDA food labeling program to ensure government regulations are met as well as providing clients and guests with requested food transparency.
- Travel nationwide to multiple venues to maintain company protocol, culinary levels, and to enhance the overall sales through food programs. Chef/Property Training Manager, New York Botanical Garden/Starr Events Group Bronx, NY 9/1/2013-7/1/2014
- Opened property from the start. Interviewed, hired and trained a staff of 25. Developed pars and order guides, and created partnerships with local vendors.
- Executed office duties daily, including scheduling, inputting hours, performance documentation, promotions. Managed daily food and labor costs, and inventory controls.
- Managed a team of twenty five from many diverse backgrounds and skill sets, pacifying cultural differences, working through language barriers, and creating a supporting and productive environment for all.
- Responsible for managing two cafes, high end catering events, large group tours, and multiple outdoor kiosks with annual F&B sales of
Executive Chef, Phipps Conservatory/Sodexo
Pittsburgh, Pa 6/1/2011-9/1/2013
- As the public figure for the diverse culinary programs the conservatory offered I was responsible for demonstrations, recipe creations, judged food competitions, and assisted local schools with food programs. Created a Non-GMO café, was LEAD and three star Green Restaurant Certified.
- Featured in Edible Allegheny. Named as one of the top 5 hidden gems by Pittsburgh Magazine. Involved with Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution.
- Responsible for all production, menu planning, hiring and development, training, reviews, pay increases.
- Performed all Managerial duties for three months. Including the front of house, involvement in financial reporting, and oversaw that the property ran smoothly.
Executive Sous Chef, Dallas Museum of Art/Sodexo [Start Date] Dallas, TX 3/1/2010-6/1/2011
- Oversaw all production, inventory, safety, and quality control of property generating $2.5 million in annual revenue.
- Solely executed formal weddings and tastings for events up to 900 people, while meeting client specifications and incorporating my personal, international, regional, artistic culinary styles.
- Created monthly high end small plates menu featuring local, sustainable ingredients that took the guests on an international culinary adventure.
- Food demonstrations at local food co-op
- Partner with local business to grow their brand and promote product
- Member of Chefs Collaborative
- Certified Master Holistic Health Coach
- Sustainability partnerships and expositions
Associates of Culinary Arts Johnson and Wales University Charleston, SC 2000