EDUCATION AND AFFILIATIONS
Harvard Graduate School of Education
School Leaders of Color Organizational DevelopmentCollaborative, Fall 2020 New Leaders Aspiring Principals Program
Washington, DC June 2018
New Leaders Emerging Leaders Program
Washington, DC June 2017
Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction
Trinity Washington University - Washington, DC December 2013 Bachelor of Arts in English and Modern Languages
Bowie State University - Bowie, MD May 2009
CERTIFICATIONS AND TRAINING
Teachstone Certified CLASS Observer
International Baccalaureate Category 1 Endorsement July 2016
Techniques: Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, Workforce Development, Early Childhood Education, Staff
Development, Data-Driven Instructional Planning,
School-wide Diagnosis and Strategic Action Planning, Rigorous Curriculum Design, Response to Intervention, Professional Learning Communities and Instructional Rounds, Talent Recruitment, Systems and Process
Improvement, Program Management
Technical Skills : MAC/Windows OS, Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, Loom, Canvas
Director of Teacher Effectiveness
AppleTree Early Learning Public Charter School - Washington, DC February 2020 - present
● Create a network-wide teacher evaluation rubric system that ensured 100% of AppleTree’s first-year teachers receive continuous professional development and retention support.
● Lead and manage 11-school network professional development initiatives; requiring data-driven strategic planning, analysis, and design implementation.
● Direct network-wide teacher residency program that boosts a 75% teacher retention rate and impacts student achievement rates of 95% success.
● Boosted the organization's revenue by over $500,000 in philanthropic funding to sustain the Appletree Early Learning Teacher Residency (AELTR) through partnership with NewSchool Venture Fund and National Center for Teacher Residencies.
● Create earned-revenue strategy model and 5-year strategic plan to acquire affiliate partners for AELTR teacher residency program.
● Develop a recruitment strategy plan that ensures diverse and equitable policies for recruiting high- quality early childhood educators that will increase the diversity pool by 25%.
● Shift 100% of teacher professional development structuresto virtually based content and platform to meet the unprecedented times/needs associated with COVID-19 socially distanced requirements
● Collaborate with principal and instructional leadership teams to identify best practices aligned with AppleTree’s mission and vision.
● Collaborate with AppleTree’s Instructional Quality, School Academic Leadership, and Executive teams to develop strategic plans that address the immediate and future needs of the students, teachers, and community partners.
● Provide supervisory oversight to the Manager of ProfessionalDevelopment, Manager of Appletree Early Learning Teacher Residency program, and the school-based instructional coaching team. Principal
AppleTree Early Learning Public Charter School - Washington, DC July 2017 - July 2020
● Manage and direct complex preschool-based projects that require strategic planning and end-to-end analysis design, development, implementation, and continual improvement of performance and instructional products in instructor-led, virtual, and blended models.
● Oversee integration of appropriate early childhoodprogram (pre-kindergarten-third grade) practices within system-wide programs by coordinating and streamlining early childhood policy and guidance support.
● Facilitate systematic review and/or development of curriculum and program standards to ensure alignment with early childhood program (kindergarten-third grade) high quality practices across the organization.
● Align elementary learning progressions and curriculum frameworks that contain appropriate practices for development of the whole child.
● Mentor educational leaders in methods for implementing and maintaining effective instruction and assessment in early childhood (kindergarten-third grade) integrated practices.
● Use Strategic Planning to shift school culture, instructional practice, stakeholder engagement, and talent management through transformational leadership as shown through a 96th percentile ranking on District-wide Insight survey.
● Conduct and implement internal and external research on best practices in school leadership and lessons learned in developing instructional leadership programs, support services, and strategies to ensure efficiency in teacher leader coaching programs.
● Shift systematic approach for Resident Principal and Mentor Teacher, Administrator Training and Development Program.
● Collaborate and work with stakeholders to adopt a structured and sequential Leadership Development Program for the network-wide Residency Program.
● Work with the Instructional Leadership team to assist aspiring and current school-based leaders in learning and applying the knowledge, skills, and best practices needed to lead a school in maximizing student performance.
● Improve school-wide CLASS scores by 15% in first year; increase school attendance rates for early childhood programs by 5% and therefore use Early Childhood benchmarks to boost School-wide PMF score by 10%.
● Create a professional development system for new teachers that resulted in 94% student achievement outcome scores.
● Create a cyclical professional development system for mentor and first-year teacher relationship model.
● Empower families and increase engagement by organizing school-wide community events and promoting a culture of open communication and collaboration.
● Restore strong relationships with current and new school partners, and families in an efficient, flexible, and high-quality manner.
● Develop a shared vision that advances the school-wide efforts to ensure the implementation of a highly effective Early Childhood program.
● Create pilot intervention process with Trinity University Practicum interns that impacted student growth in the bottom 25th percentile demographics.
Mary McLeod Bethune PCS - Washington, DC June 2015 - July 2017
● Led Instructional Leadership team in the management of complex school-based projects such as Cyclical Coaching Models that require end-to-end analysis design, development, implementation, and continual improvement of performance support systems and instructionalproducts in instructor-led, virtual, and blended models
● Created school-wide professional development tracker progression that positively impacted Pre-K through 2nd Grade school-wide student achievement by 20%.
● Improved school-wide CLASS scores by 20% in the first year; by 30% in the second year.
● Transformed entire Early Childhood Spanish Immersion program through adaptive coaching progression ensuring staff efficacy and high-quality instruction.
● Coordinated the early childhood international baccalaureate program through implementation and authorization phase.
Tree of Life Public Charter School - Washington, DC July 2012 - June 2017
● Facilitated teachers' understanding and implementation of instructional and behavioral curriculum models by developing and executing collaborative and individual coaching cycles and professional development that increased teaching staff capacity.
Reid Temple Christian Academy - Glenn Dale, MD June 2009 - July 2012
● Used effective strategies to facilitate rigorous instruction to elementary students.