QUEEN’S UNIVERSITY BELFAST
Belfast, UK (2019 – 2021)
MASTER OF SCIENCE: Mechanical Engineering with Management and an Industrial Internship
• FEA Structural Analysis, Spacecraft Satellite Design and Cost Estimation.
• Designing a structure based on Static & Dynamic Loads (with ANSYS).
• Analysed the stress and deformations of Public Foot Bridges (using MSC Patran/ Nastran).
• Optimised design to achieve Objective Function (using MATLAB) and optimised the Topology of Truss Bridge (using Abaqus).
• Gained Knowledge in the Design of Experiments in R programming to perform a baseball experimental situation.
Tamil Nadu, India (2014 – 2018)
BACHELOR OF ENGINEERING: Mechanical Engineering
Graduated with 8.90 GPA
• In-depth knowledge of all the Mechanical engineering subjects including Engineering Mechanics, Engineering Graphics, Fluid Mechanics, Dynamics of Machinery, Thermodynamics, Strength of Materials & Design of Transmission Systems.
• Acquired Written and Oral Communication, Innovative Thinking, Team Collaborations, Leadership and Initiative skills.
HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA
PADMA SARANGAPANI MATRICULATION HIGHER SECONDARY SCHOOL Tamil Nadu, India (2013 – 2014)
Graduated with 85.6%
CONTACT TRACER/ COACH ADMIN ASSIST
SITEL, Belfast, UK (06/2020 - Present)
• Oversees all aspects of the customer service experience to troubleshoot processes and procedures and make improvements of customer service quality.
• Monitors and reviews processes for ways to make procedures more time and cost- effective.
• Makes regular reports to upper management about team progress and holds regular meetings with Coach Admin to discuss expectations and team concerns.
• Manages issues with the staff through assessment and subsequent corrective action protocol and also, ensures work environment is compliant with all applicable laws and regulations
• To form part of a team of Contact tracers who will normally provide the first point of contact of cases of COVID-19 (i.e. the people who have just received a positive lab result).
A detail-oriented and dynamic professional, currently rounding up an MSc in Mechanical Engineering with Management from the Queen’s University of Belfast, where a proficient skill in math and logistics were acquired, together with strong leadership acumen and a knack for managing and supervising teams. Also possessing a history in Production Planning, haven worked in the industry for a while managing a myriad of operations, seeks a position where both educational and professional experience can be fully utilized. RAAGUL
32 Springfield Road
Reference available on
• To undertake case interviews and perform an initial public health risk assessment of COVID-19 cases identified for contact tracing in line with the contact tracing and management protocol and further protocols or guidance as indicated (45-60 mins).
• To ensure the timely and accurate recording of information from those interviews using systems provided.
• To ensure accurate, up to date records of contacts/action by the completion of relevant records and compliance with team handover procedures, in line with PHE operational guidance and procedures.
• To be able to (and be able to recognise the need to), modify and adapt methods of communication to account for the differing needs of contacts especially in stressful and difficult situations and ensure polite, efficient and appropriate communications exist at all times. PRODUCTION PLANNER/ BUYER (Graduate Trainee)
WABCO INDIA LIMITED, Chennai, TN (10/2018 - 06/2019)
• Customized SAP production planning & detailed scheduling tools with the help of Primavera P6 PPM to support factory production initiatives and created forecast production plans with Excel spreadsheet with input from production and management teams.
• Liaised with sales division to determine customer requirements and approved materials, costs, manufacturing equipment, and the size of workforce needs to manufacture good.
• Employed inventory strategies to increase efficiency & reduce waste by receiving goods for production based on ability to accurately foresee demands.
• Planned and prioritised operations with the team to ensure maximum performance.
• Liaised with customers, suppliers, the human resources department, and maintenance employees to ensure all workers, materials, and machinery will be available when required.
• Monitored project's progress to ensure it's following the schedule and troubleshoot problems that occur during production, including staff shortages and machinery malfunctions.
• Organised project paperwork, including purchase orders, and maintains records and monitored production and raw material costs.
• Experienced in Primavera P6 PPM to manage and prioritize the important plans and created forecast production plans, predicted materials, costs, manufacturing equipment, and the size of workforce needs to manufacture good and exported into Excel spreadsheet.
• Experienced in SAP Material Management System for material movements, Supplier information, Inventory Management, Invoice Verification and Valuation of Materials.
• Inventory Control techniques such as Barcode system at the Inbound and outbound of the Stores.
• Obtained knowledge of MRP, ERP, Lean Management and Six Sigma. PROJECTS
STRUCTURAL ANALYSIS OF LIGHTWEIGHT GLASS REINFORCED POLYMER STRUCTURES FOR PUBLIC FOOT BRIDGES - (05/2020–09/2020)
• Project focused on design of pultruded GFRP steps for use in a railway footbridge application. Finite element modelling will be used to asses’ variations in a sectional design of the step to identify an optimal solution in terms of minimum weight/ maximum strength and stiffness.
• In this project, structural analyses of lightweight Glass Reinforced Polymer (GRP) steps for a Public Foot Bridge were completed using finite element analysis (FEA) software. A benchmark analysis was completed on an idealised, simply supported, GRP beam showed FEA could predict its Deflection to within 40.065mm of the value determined using a formula.
• An optimal step section was recommended with less deformation than the current market product. The benchmark design (5.65mm) has been improved upon with the lower deformation of Design 3 (5.59mm) and lower weight of 36.78Kg.
VEHICLE EMISSION CONTROLLER SYSTEM - (01/2018–05/2018)
• Project focused on decreasing the level of CO2 from exhaust gases of a Two-Wheeler or Motorcycle by adsorption technology. Project gave a 11% reduced CO emission as result.
• The adsorption is carried out in an absorber-like device containing a bed of charcoal through exhaust gases were passed and after adsorption, it is evident that a significant amount of CO2 reduction from exhaust gases with an increased bed's efficiency.
• The project has been completed with positive results and the University has presented it in Auto-mobile Engineering Laboratory as it is a nature-friendly project. ACHIEVEMENTS (CERTIFICATIONS, CONFERENCES & AWARDS)
• Master your Leadership Certificate and Graduate Plus Award 2020 – Queen’s University of Belfast.
• NPTEL Certificate - IIT ROORKEE, India (Completed with “ELITE” in the topic of Fundamentals of Manufacturing processes).
• Conference on “The Emerging Trends in Mechanical Engineering (NCETIME-2018)”, Satyabhama University, India.
• Organized Blood Donation Camp at Satyabhama General Hospital, Satyabhama University, India. (27th July 2016).
• Tree Plantation Program, Satyabhama University, India (20th August, 2016). HOBBIES & INTERESTS
• University Cricket Team captain – I always play cricket whenever free.
• Crosswords and puzzles.
• Simulator games - To know the working of Trains, Air-planes.