A U RKAVALA PERU MAL
E : email@example.com M : +966-*********
Objective: A management position with a reputable construction company to uti lize acquired skills &
k nowledge and delivering outstanding results.
PROF I L E AT A G LANCE
• Seasoned versatile Civil Engineer with experience of 33 years in executing projects across diverse
sectors in India, Middle East & Mauritius.
• Portfolio includes large, milestone projects in industrial – oil & gas, petrochemicals, fertilizers,
sugar, power & cement, infrastructure – highways & bridges and residential & commercial high
r ise towers.
• Skilled in all aspects of project planning – master scheduling, resource scheduling, budgeting and
p reparing cash f low projections, defining milestones.
• Capable of managing technical matters including evaluation of designs, coordinating design
changes, preparation of method statements, value engineering/value analysis and preparation of
JCR & ACE.
• Adept in anchoring all construction activities at site ensuring achievement of time, cost, quality &
• Experienced in analysing business processes, establishing performance benchmarks and using
various business tools in critical & strategic decision making.
• Skilled in assessing risks and implementing effective mitigation plans.
• Well versed in contracts administration & management including finalizing tenders & contracts
and managing all billing & claims matters.
• Sound understanding of modern construction methods, project management techniques and terms
& conditions of contract.
• Deft in coordinating with clients, consultants, subcontractors, suppliers and internal teams.
• Proficientin leading, monitoring and motivating multinational teams eliciting superior
• Dedicated, results driven manager with excellent communication, coordination, planning and
P ROFESSIONAL EXPER I E NCE
LARSEN & TOUBRO – ATCO, Jubail, Saudi Arabia, Jul 2012 to date
L &T – ATCO, a strategic JV between L &T and ATCO, offers electromechanical construction services
i n key segments covering oil & gas, hydrocarbon, petrochemicals, pipelines, power projects, water &
effluent treatment plants.
Senior Construction Manager(civil)
A Urkavala Perumal: Page 1 of 5
Report to: Project Director Team: 25
• Lead the p lanning & execution of all civil wor ks, coordinating with the client, consultant
and subcontractors to achieve d aily project milestones.
• Coordinate and ensure o n time preparation of all engineering deliverables i ncluding
detailed drawings, method statements and job safety analysis (JSA).
• Monitor and ensure adherence to p roject quality plan and HSE plan a t all stages of
• Prepare periodic r eports on project status and progress for management information.
• Launched civil engineering activities related to the project, trained engineers of other disciplines
to augment resources, recovered d elays in schedule of 6 months and up to date completed
70% of the civil works f ulfilling o riginal schedule of the project.
• Sadara Chemical Company, Jubail Industrial City I I KSA – a JV between Saudi Aramco &
T he Dow Chemicals Company, the Sadara complex represents the largest petrochemical facility
ever built in a single phase. On completion, it will produce over 3 million TPA of a range of
petrochemicals & plastics. L &T – ATCO is implementing the Solution Polyethylene &
Specialty Elastomers package . Value: USD 180 million
CONSOL IDATED CONSTRUCT IO N consortium LTD, Chennai India, Jun 2011 to Jun 2012
CCCL is a leading engineering, procurement, construction (EPC) and project management company.
T he projects of the company include IT parks, biotech parks, resorts & hotels, commercial industrial &
i nstitutional structures and infrastructure facilities.
P roject Di rector
Reported to : Sector Head Team: 60
• Managed all projects activities at sites independently, mobilizing all resources, monitoring &
controlling utilization and assuring achievement of all milestones.
• Monitored costs, prepared cost statements and maintained costs within approved budgets.
• Identified all opportunities for improving margins and raised all contract related claims including
• Followed up with the client for on time realization of progress invoice & other payments.
• Prepared monthly performance appraisal reports of employees.
• Took over the M E P L project at 15% completion stage and within 9 m onths accomplished
60% completion. Raised i nvoices of I N R 28 crore i n the period compared to INR 1.5 crore in
t he previous year. Successfully realized extra claims of I N R 5 crore .
• Nagarjuna Oil Corporation L td (NOCL), Cuddalore – 6 million TPA petroleum refinery with
captive port and power plant. Value: I NR 400 crore
• M E P L, Gudur – 2x300 MW coal fired thermal power plant. Value: I NR 120 crore
A Urkavala Perumal: Page 2 of 5
L ARSEN & TOUBRO LTD, Chennai India, Sep 1991 to Jun 2011
L &T is a technology, engineering, construction & manufacturing company. It is one of the largest and
most respected companies in India’s private sector .
Senior Construction Manager(civil)
Reported to : Project Manager Team: 40
• Managed all c ivil works at site, coordinated with client, consultant and subcontractors and
monitored daily progress.
• Mobilized resources, monitored utilization, enforced project quality & HSE plans and contributed
to the achievement of all predefined project objectives .
• Supervised preparation & maintenance of all p roject & site related documentation .
• Organized safety and quality t raining p rograms and participated in q uality & safety
• Joined as a S ite Engineer and rose to the position of Senior Construction Manager .
Participated in diverse projects a ll over I ndia & overseas
• Contributed to the success of several milestone p rojects l ike Durgapur Expressway and Al-
• Earned t op performance rating continuously for the years 2011, 2010, 2009 & 2008
• Was allotted 1500 L & T shares as incentive and won I N R 21 lacs in E-call & Retain
P erformance awards.
• Du rgapur Expressway – H ighway connecting Kolkata & Durgapur: 40 km section, which was
t he first highway project executed by L &T
• Al-Jazeera Tower, Doha Qatar – 38 f loors, 155 m tall, first high r ise project of the company –
L &T’s first residential high rise tower project overseas. Contributed to p rofitability of the
p roject t hrough meticulous planning for on time completion.
• Ma r inaScape Tower D ubai – twin residential towers, 35 storey & 25 storey each
• CYBER TOWER AND I N T E RNAT IONAL CONVEN T IO N CEN TRE, MAUR I T I US
I S LAN D(from starting to end of project,including utilities,roads,landscaping and
h ardscapping)value-400cr-18 floors-65 mt r high.
• Onshore te rminal for H yd rocarbon processing plant, Reliance Industries L td Kakinada
I ndia – Supervised the construction of fire water & raw water storage tanks and associated
pumping stations. Used technical knowledge of pre-cast technology and guided in the manufacture
& erection of pipe rack elements. Completed assigned jobs ahead of schedule. Won appreciation
f rom the client for quality of pipe rack jobs.
• All above 5 projects important milestone projects in L & T H istory, because these
p rojects are fi rst time ent ry for L &T,after that only L & T spread the w ings in these
t ype of projects.
A Urkavala Perumal: Page 3 of 5
• Hyd rogen Generating Unit (HGU), MRPL Mangalore – Completed assigned jobs including
i nstallation of precast pipe rack elements.
• ONGC Mangalore Petrochemicals L td (OMPL) – Aromatics project (MARC)
SOUT H ER N PET ROC HE M ICAL I N D USTR I ES LTD, Tuticorin India, Jun 1983 to Sep 1991
SPIC is a leading Indian conglomerate with interests in fertil izers, pharmaceuticals, agri-biotech and
Reported to : Project Manager Team: 8
• Supervised w or ks at site assuring achievement of schedules, quality & safety standards
• Monitored works of subcontractors and assured adherence to timelines & specifications.
P repared subcontractors’ bills.
• Checked d rawings and followed up works ensuring compliance.
• Maintained d ocumentation of all construction works a t site.
• Monitored p roductivity of machinery & manpower and prepared daily progress reports.
• Dew Point Depression (DPD) plant, ONGC Hazira, 1987 Value: I NR 80 crore
• Construction and commissioning of D G set based captive power units a t cement plants of
ACC in Madhya Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh & Karnataka
• SP IC Fertilizer Plant T uticorin – Completed construction of water storage reservoirs for 60
days plant requirement
• SP IC Electronics L td, Maraimalai Nagar Chennai
Before SPIC I worked @ T amil Nadu Government H ighways Depa r tment, Paramakudi as
D raftsman/Overseer, Sep 1981 to May 1983
First I started the career with SPIC PLANT Tuticorin as casual civil supervisor,from November 1980
to august 1981
E DUCAT ION
• Diploma in Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Government Polytechnic Tuticorin,
Tamil Nadu State Board for Technical Education, May 1980, 60%
T RA I N I NG
• Construction Planning & Cont rol System, L &T India
• Safety Awareness, L &T India
• Management Skill Development P rogram, L &T India
• Motivation & P roductivity I mp rovement, L &T India
PERSONAL PROF I L E
A Urkavala Perumal: Page 4 of 5
• Date of Birth: 28 May 1959
• Languages: Tamil, English, Hindi, Malayalam
• Nationality: Indian
• Address:107J/62 F-1, TMB Colony, 4th Street, Tuticorin, 628008,Tamilnadu, India P:
• Software: MS Office & Internet
• Preferred Job Location: Gulf countries, South India
EXPECTED SALARY;7000TO 7500P.M
A Urkavala Perumal: Page 5 of 5