Highly motivated and committed Medical Assistant with proven 8+ years of superior performance at individual, team and organizational levels. Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize workloads with little or no supervision. Detail oriented professional looking to bring medical background and team building skills to deadline-driven environment.
Lansing, MI 48917 517-***-**** firstname.lastname@example.org WORK EXPERIENCE Residential Options inc — Residential Technician Total Family Health Care — Medical Assistant
06/2016 to Present, Okemos, MI
• Maintain records of patient care, condition, progress, or problems to report and discuss observations with supervisor or case manager.
• Provide patients with help moving in and out of beds, baths, wheelchairs, or automobiles and with dressing and grooming.
• Care for patients by changing bed linens, washing and ironing laundry, cleaning, or assisting with their personal care.
• Entertain, converse with, or read aloud to patients to keep them mentally healthy and alert.
• Administer prescribed oral medications, under the written direction of physician or as directed by home care nurse or aide, and ensure patients take their medicine.
• Plan, purchase, prepare, or serve meals to patients or other family members, according to prescribed diets.
• Accompany clients to doctors' o ices or on other trips outside the home, providing transportation, assistance, and companionship.
• Perform a variety of duties as requested by client, such as obtaining household supplies or running errands.
• Provide patients and families with emotional support and instruction in areas such as caring for infants, preparing healthy meals, living independently, or adapting to disability or illness.
• Direct patients in simple prescribed exercises or in the use of braces or arti cial limbs. 03/2018 to 06/2019, East Lansing, MI
• Record patients' medical history, vital statistics, or information such as test results in medical records.
• Obtaining insurance information and verifying eligibility and bene ts.
• Prepare treatment rooms for patient examinations, keeping the rooms neat and clean. Mid Michigan Ears, Nose, & Throat — Medical Assistant - Clerical
• Interview patients to obtain medical information and measure their vital signs, weight, and height.
• Authorize drug re lls and provide prescription information to pharmacies.
• Clean and sterilize instruments and dispose of contaminated supplies.
• Prepare and administer medications as directed by a physician.
• Show patients to examination rooms and prepare them for the physician.
• Explain treatment procedures, medications, diets, or physicians' instructions to patients.
• Help physicians examine and treat patients, handing them instruments or materials or performing such tasks as giving injections or removing sutures.
• Collect blood, tissue, or other laboratory specimens, log the specimens, and prepare them for testing.
• Perform routine laboratory tests and sample analyses.
• Contact medical facilities or departments to schedule patients for tests or admission.
• Operate x-ray, electrocardiogram (EKG), or other equipment to administer routine diagnostic tests.
• Change dressings on wounds.
• Set up medical laboratory equipment.
• Perform general o ice duties, such as answering telephones, taking dictation, or completing insurance forms.
• Greet and log in patients arriving at o ice or clinic.
• Schedule appointments for patients.
• Inventory and order medical, lab, or o ice supplies or equipment.
• Keep nancial records or perform other bookkeeping duties, such as handling credit or collections or mailing monthly statements to patients.
• Interview clients and take their calls to provide customer service and obtain information on claims.
• Process and record new insurance policies and claims.
• Review and verify data, such as age, name, address, and principal sum and value of property on insurance applications and policies.
03/2018 to 06/2018, East Lansing, MI
• Collecting accurate and thorough patient demographic data.
• Obtaining insurance information and verifying eligibility and bene ts. Pancheros Mexican Grill — Team Leader
• Carefully reviews all information entered into patient’s records and database.
• Veri es all information with patient at time of patient registration; corrects any errors identi ed.
• Operate telephone switchboard to answer, screen, or forward calls, providing information, taking messages, or scheduling appointments.
• Greet persons entering establishment, determine nature and purpose of visit, and direct or escort them to speci c destinations.
• Transmit information or documents to customers, using computer, mail, or facsimile machine.
• Hear and resolve complaints from customers or the public.
• File and maintain records.
• Provide information about establishment, such as location of departments or o ices, employees within the organization, or services provided.
• Collect, sort, distribute, or prepare mail, messages, or courier deliveries.
• Schedule appointments and maintain and update appointment calendars.
• Analyze data to determine answers to questions from customers or members of the public.
• Locate and correct data entry errors, or report them to supervisors.
04/2014 to 04/2016, East Lansing, MI
• Investigate and resolve complaints regarding food quality, service, or accommodations.
• Monitor food preparation methods, portion sizes, and garnishing and presentation of food to ensure that food is prepared and presented in an acceptable manner.
• Maintain food and equipment inventories, and keep inventory records.
• Perform some food preparation or service tasks such as cooking, clearing tables, and serving food and drinks when necessary.
• Maintain sanitation, health, and safety standards in work areas.
• Clean food preparation areas, cooking surfaces, and utensils.
• Verify that prepared food meets requirements for quality and quantity.
• Operate large-volume cooking equipment such as grills, deep-fat fryers, or griddles. McLaren Greater Lansing — Oﬃce Assistant
EDUCATION Ross Medical Education Center — Medical Assisting SKILLS
11/2013 to 05/2014, Lansing, MI
• Operate o ice machines, such as photocopiers and scanners, facsimile machines, voice mail systems, and personal computers.
• Ensure all papers are properly lled out and input into the system.
• Enter and verify that all patients demographics and billing information correctly entered into database.
• Answer telephones, direct calls, and take messages.
• Maintain and update ling, inventory, mailing, and database systems, either manually or using a computer.
• Communicate with customers, employees, and other individuals to answer questions, disseminate or explain information, take orders, and address complaints.
• Open, sort, and route incoming mail, answer correspondence, and prepare outgoing mail.
• Compile, copy, sort, and le records of o ice activities, business transactions, and other activities.
• Compute, record, and proofread data and other information, such as records or reports.
• Complete work schedules, manage calendars, and arrange appointments.
• Deliver messages and run errands.
• Inventory and order materials, supplies, and services. 05/2018 to 02/2019
Handling multiple calls
Data Entry Clerical
Type 55/60 Wpm
10 Key data entry
Certi cation in Medical Assisting
Certi ed in CPR & Basic Life Support: American Heart