OTOKPA ODAGBOYI JAMES
Ebute Metta, Lagos
A graduate of Banking and finance with relevant experience in administration, finance, sales and customer service, seeking to work in a challenging environment where I can put my best effort and knowledge to achieve stated goals and objectives. EXPERIENCE
Hotpack Industries Limited, Ikoyi, Lagos – Nigeria. 2020 – 2021 Sales Representative
• Present, promote and sell products using solid arguments to existing and prospective customers.
• Carrying out cost benefit and needs analysis of existing/ prospective customers to meet their demands.
• Establish, develop and maintain positive business relationships with customers.
• Coordinated sales / marketing strategies.
• Carrying out stock inventory.
• Processed sales and retail activities using Vend application. ACHIEVEMENTS
Successfully set the roadmap for sales operations as the store was a new opening and achieved sales target in the second month of operations.
Sterling Property Development Company Limited, Ikoyi. Lagos- Nigeria. 2018 - 2020 Administrative Officer
• Consulted with health management organizations (HMO) on behalf of management.
• Transcribed reports by various departments and presenting to top management.
• Scrutinized and enforced request made by various departments.
• Documented detailed stock inventory and preparation of requisition vouchers.
• Accurate filing of documents.
• Carried out periodic market survey and prepared detailed reports on various projects.
• Kept track of all office stationery.
• Drafting and dispatch of official correspondence.
• General logistics and clerical duties.
• Formulating and updating of project spreadsheets on Microsoft Excel.
• Keeping track of cheque books and making request to the bank when necessary.
• Negotiating of contract with vendors.
• Provided 40% source document needed for internal and external audit.
• Co-authored bank reconciliation statements and payroll computation. ACHIEVEMENTS
• Slashed payroll, administrative and operations cost by 20% by negotiating pricing and fees while ensuring the continuation and enhancement of services.
• Successfully managed & retired petty cash while identifying and eliminating sundry expenses by 25%.
• Facilitated and led a team that overhauled the warehouse, thereby ensuring easy access and product identification in a timely fashion.
• Modified and integrated the waybill system through electronic means thereby mitigating cost and saving time.
• Led the transition to a paperless invoicing practice by implementing an electronic system which was faster and more accurate.
• Won the employee of the month on three occasions. National Industrial Court of Nigeria, Headquarters. FCT Abuja – Nigeria. 2017 - 2018 Pension Desk Officer (NYSC)
• Computed monthly pension remittance schedule.
• Liaised with Pension Fund Administrators (PFA) on issues relating to staff Retirement Savings Account (RSA).
• Attended to staff request on pension matters and escalating issues when necessary.
• Drafted official memos and attending to correspondence.
• Filing of documents and carrying out all clerical duties.
• Enrolment of staff into the pension scheme.
Crown Pharmaceuticals and Chemicals Nigeria Limited. Nasarawa- Nigeria. 2010- 2012 Sales representative / Store keeper
• Maintaining and building customer relationship.
• Collation of sales report.
• Carrying out stock inventory using the FIFO and LIFO technique.
• Inspecting products for possible defects, store and disburse of products.
• Accurate book keeping.
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATION
University of Abuja. 2012 - 2016
BSc. Banking and Finance
St. Peter’s College Garaku, Nasarawa State. 2004 - 2010 Senior School Certificate Examination (SSCE)
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
● Investigative ● Proficient on the use of Vend accounting software
● Organized ● Debt & equity financing overview
● Capital market overview ● Creative ● Analytical and investigative
● Microsoft word, Microsoft excel and Microsoft power point proficient INTEREST / HOBBIES
Chess game, art & nature, traveling, reading, research and astronomy.