MARY ANN MANTIA
563-***-**** firstname.lastname@example.org linkedin.com/in/marymantia
HUMAN RESOURCES DIRECTOR
Human Resources Senior Executive with over 15 years of experience leading HR policy, strategy, and programs, aligning DEI initiatives with regulatory compliance standards and the organization's mission and vision. Shaped high-performing, diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers innovation to inspire, protect, and reimagine ways to restore and sustain internal and external experiences. Delivered innovative key benchmarks and practices that optimize the PEOPLE FIRST experience. Cultivating employee engagement through consistent delivery of exceptional employee experience in every interaction/practice promotes a positive, diverse, and inclusive work culture where employees feel valued, can be their authentic selves and business thrives. Experience with (8) start-ups and scalable growth business expansions. A trusted business advisor to over 100 operational leaders, 25 departments, and over 200 distinct positions. CORE COMPETENCIES
VICE PRESIDENT OF HUMAN RESOURCE 2019-2020
Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort, Hot Springs, Arkansas Responsible for developing and executing progressive Human Resources strategies that supported the Core Values, Mission, and Vision of a fast-growing organization in preparation for the expansion of a five-star resort complex.
• Developed and monitor data/analytics; provide accurate reports to demonstrate measurable outcomes to support evidence-based workforce planning and strategies, keeping the recruitment and retention of a vibrant, inclusive, diverse, and multi-generational workforce.
• Project lead for HRIS conversion from Ultipro to Workday, applicant tracking, finance, and HCM system.
• Initiated a sustainable recruiting strategy to hire/onboard an additional 1000 seasonal team members.
• Increased the starting wage above the state minimum wage, reducing FTE’s by one-third, increasing retention, attracting top talent stabilized the workforce.
• Cost savings over $200,000 by a reclassification of exempt/non-exempt status according to FLSA guidelines, establishing a scalable pay grade wage structure for over 250 positions.
• Human Resources Strategist
• Performance Management
• Recruiting / Onboarding
• Talent Management
• Labor Relations (Union)
• Executive Coaching
• Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Employee Engagement
• Employee / Human Relations
• Regulatory Compliance
• Benefits /Compensation
• Strong Business Acumen
• Organizational Design & Development
• Culture Advocate
• Succession Planning / Mentorship
• Mediation/Conflict Resolution
• Developed Business Intelligence Strategy and capability assessments to reinvent current practices to effectively deal with future HR trends in an ever-changing landscape in a digital world.
• Designed, and executed the first Guest Service Brand training program with scalable measurements and ROI.
• Developed and implemented the organization's compensation and benefits strategy, including a bonus program, using external and internal benchmarking.
• Outperformed team member survey results, increasing employee satisfaction 52% to 65%, and participation from 55% to 98% by building integrity, trust and reengineered the process. VICE PRESIDENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES 2016-2019
The Power Up Group, Tucson, AZ
A human resources and business strategy consulting firm specializing in human resources, operations, and mediation consulting services for the hospitality, gaming, and professional land development industry.
• Provide HR business planning strategy and development of small and medium-sized companies.
• Meet with clients, assess needs, and provide comprehensive HR consulting services.
• Conducted emotional intelligence assessments and action plan coaching. DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES 2012-2016
Desert Diamond Casino’s & Entertainment, Tucson, AZ Responsible for providing leadership over four individual gaming properties and build organizational capability and effectiveness. Strategic Partnership with C-Level Executives, actively involved with decision making for all significant strategic change and business solutions across the organization. HR scalable strategic planning for recruiting/onboarding, training, and development to effectively communicate plans and practices on inclusion, diversity and overall people experience. Engagement of an additional 800 employees for the fourth casino, hotel, resort property development in December 2015.
• Led the enterprise-wide branding initiative and sustainability efforts for long-term return on investment, resulting in recognition for “Initiative of the Year" for a branded customer service at a world conference by TMI USA in Shanghai, China.
• Developed a 4 stage career path/succession planning initiative focusing on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion that led to preparedness for future key leadership roles.
• Deployed innovative, business-relevant processes and solutions that drove the business strategy, talent management, engagement, diversity, equity, inclusion, and organizational effectiveness.
• Designed and executed strategies that leveraged the ability to attract, develop and retain a highly motivated, results-driven, diverse and inclusive multi-generational workforce.
• Build and execute equitable compensation strategies to maintain competitiveness in the market. DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES 2009-2012
Casino Queen Hotel, E. St. Louis, IL
Managed all disciplines of human resources, including Talent Acquisition, Team Member Relations, Benefits Administration, Payroll, Compliance, HR Strategic Planning, Training/Development, and Compensation.
• Reengineered a team member’s life cycle from the selection process, onboarding, structured leadership development, career pathing, diversity initiatives, policies, and programs to establish a reputation as the employer of inclusion and destination for multi-generational leaders.
• Demonstrated robust and courageous thought leadership and the ability to make balanced, complicated, and complex decisions in the face of opposition.
• Cultivated a high-performing, cohesive, and diverse HR/leadership team that embraced a changing culture and influenced others to evolve in their roles. DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES 2008-2009
Jumer’s Casino and Hotel, Rock Island, IL
Recruited to be part of the opening team as the Director of Human Resources for a new $175 million land-based Casino and Hotel. Oversaw all functional aspects of human resources, designing the infrastructure to support the scalable labor force and strategic objectives.
• Strategic planning to increase a scalable workforce with recruiting/onboarding, training, benchmark best practices, and building a strong culture of engaged service professionals.
• Provided guidance, interpretation, and counseling to management concerning company policy, government regulations, and other employment laws such as FMLA, DOL, EEOC, ADA, and FLSA.
• Determined and executed human resources policies, best practices, and communications or courses of action to establish a positive employer/employee relationships while promoting a high employee engagement level within a diverse and multi-cultural workforce. DIRECTOR OF HOSPITALITY AND PROPERTY SERVICES 2006-2008 Isle of Capri Corporation, Bettendorf, IA
Responsible for the daily operation of a 540-room hotel and casino, including valet, guest services, housekeeping, facilities, environmental services, telecommunications, marina, and retail functions. Project manager with design and construction for the expansion of a second hotel tower. ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE
HARRAH’S ENTERTAINMENT, INC. 1994-2006
Director of Hotel Operations, Corporate Hotel Opening Team, Human Resources Manager, General Managers Associate, Facilities Manager, Environmental Services Manager, Hotel Operations Manager and Corporate Brand Trainer.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
Chairman’s Award for Excellence in Managing People, Excellence in Leadership Award, Leadership Champion Award for Superior Performance, Twice the recipient of Chairman’s Award for Excellence in Leadership, Women of the Year by NAPW, Branded Guest Service/sustainability initiative received world recognition, published in the book SHIFT, by Dr. Janelle Barlow. EDUCATION AND AFFILIATIONS
University of Phoenix, Phoenix, AZ, Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Marketing, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government, Boston, MA, Strategies for Enhancing Executive Influence Certification, Native Nation, Advisory Board Member, National Association of Professional Women, Board of Directors, La Frontera Arizona, Board of Directors, Colby Olsen Foundation, Board of Directors, Certified Emotional Intelligence Coach, Certified Mediator (NACM), Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt, SHRM, Society for Human Resources Management National and Local Chapter. Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Suite, LMS, Infinium, Kronos, ADP, Great Plains, HRLogix, Share Point, People Soft, RMS, UltiPro, Workday, Messenger, GoToMeeting, Slack, Microsoft Team, Google Hangouts, Skype, WebEx, and Zoom.