HACKENSACK MERIDIAN HEALTH
EMERGENCY PSYCHIATRIC SERVICES, AUGUST 2020 – PRESENT Evaluate patients who present to the Emergency Department at Bayshore & Riverview Medical Centers for suicide, homicide & psychosis using a biopsychosocial format. Communicate with community treatment providers and family/friends to ensure a comprehensive assessment. Collaborate with psychiatrist, ED physician and nursing to determine appropriate level of care and refer accordingly. LOWER LEVEL ONE, DECEMBER 2020 – PRESENT
Provide as needed coverage on the inpatient behavioral health unit at Riverview Medical Center. Conduct intake assessments upon admission using a biopsychosocial format. Collaborate with psychiatrist and nursing team to determine an appropriate level of follow up care. Address housing needs when applicable. Facilitate group therapy and communicate with family members identified by the patient to ensure a comprehensive discharge plan.
RICHARD HALL COMMUNITY MENTAL HEALTH CENTER
INTERN, JANUARY 2019 – DECEMBER 2019
Worked on an interdisciplinary treatment team to provide intensive support services for adults with chronic mental illness and addiction issues. Facilitated support groups, conducted intake assessments and provided individual counseling. Collaborated with local agencies such a PESS to refer clients to high levels of care when appropriate.
IMAGINE, A CENTER FOR COPING WITH LOSS
CERTIFIED GROUP FACILITATOR, APRIL 2018 – JUNE 2019 Facilitated group therapy for children and adolescents experiencing grief and loss. Incorporated activities into sessions centered around the bereavements process. THE MADISON CENTER, REHABILITATION UNIT
INTERN, JANUARY 2017 – MAY 2017
Worked closely with the geriatric population undergoing rehabilitation therapy. Worked with patients experiencing depression, anxiety and other psychological and neurological disorders. Communicated with family members and Power of Attorneys to address needs/concerns. Assisted residents with daily activities and co-facilitated group therapy.
WVU MEDICINE, AT RUBY MEMORIAL HOSPITAL
CLINICAL ASSISTANT, NOVEMEBER 2016 – MAY 2017
Facilitated psychoeducational groups on the inpatient behavioral health unit using the peer support recovery model. Worked on a multidisciplinary team to address patient needs and ensure comprehensive care. THE VILLAGE AT HERITAGE POINT
INTERN, JANUARY 2016 – MAY 2016
Worked closely with the geriatric population in a continuing care retirement. Facilitated interviews for autobiographies and co-facilitated Occupational Therapy groups. Assisted with planning social events for the residents.
M.A, CLINICAL MENTAL HEALTH COUNSELING, JANUARY 2020 WEST VIRGINIA UNIVERISTY
B.A, PSYCHOLOGY, MAY 2017
• New Jersey Counseling Association (NJCA) Presenter on Transgenerational Trauma and Psychological Effects of Loneliness, 2021.
• Guest Facilitator at Nicholls State University, 2021.
• American Counseling Association (ACA) Presenter on Adolescent Development and The Role of Birth Control, 2020
• Bio-psychosocial Assessments
• Certified Columbia Suicide Assessment Screener
• Individual and Group Counseling
• Treatment Planning and Case Management
• Gathering Collateral
• CPR and CPI Certified
• Licensed Counselor and National Board-Certified Counselor ACTIVITIES
• New Jersey Counseling Association (NJCA), 2019-Present
• Chi Sigma Iota, International Honor Society for Counseling, 2019-Present
• American Counseling Association (ACA), 2018-Present
• American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, 2018-Present
• Psi Chi International Honor Society of Psychology, 2014-2017
• Chi Omega Fraternity (Theta Chapter), Make A Wish Foundation, Alumni Relations & Social Chair Committee, 2014-2017
• Psychology Club, 2013-2017
• Appalachian Service Project, 2011-2017