Tabitha Dowd, MSN, RN, EMC, SOLC
Providing Leadership Quality in Healthcare
Developing the next generation of quality clinicians through process improvement & resource forecasting allocation to enhance organizational performance, while concurrently innovating efficiencies and productivity.process improvement & resource forecasting allocation to enhance organizational performance, while concurrently innovating efficiencies and productivity. Work Experience
Center Nurse Executive/ Director of Nursing
Genesis HealthCare - Concord, NH
November 2020 to Present
Holds overall accountability for providing leadership, direction, and administration of day-to-day operations associated with direct patient care. Responsibilities include:
• Deficiency free Infection control Survey 2020
• Reduced Agency use by 78%
• Reduced nursing vacancies by 62.5%
• Increased EBITDAR Margin by 27.7%
• Expanded clinical capabilities to meet the needs of the changing market
• Covid-19 IC prevention, monitoring industry trends regulation changes, consulting with the leadership and providers, and supporting the implementation of nursing innovations.
• Ensures Regulatory and Policy Compliance
• Promotes an environment focused on top of license practice & interprofessional collaboration
• Implemented a shared vision for clinical excellence; ensures the realization of high-quality and cost- effective healthcare
• Fosters an environment of continuous improvement of nursing services and staff to meet patients/ residents and their families' needs and expectation Director of Nursing
Havenwood Heritage Heights - Concord, NH
June 2020 to November 2020
1. Implemented QAPI that lead to 98% increase of Medical Director / midlevel compliance visits timely completion
2. Implemented hourly rounding which lead to a 12% decrease in resident falls 3. Reduced nursing vacancies by 16.6%
4. Implemented Just Culture resulting in increased employee satisfaction 5. Partnered Northeast Pharmacy to develop Infusion Therapy program 6. Developed and implemented Restorative Program
7. Assesses competency of clinical staff and ensures staff is assigned in a manner that promotes quality, continuity, and safety of a client's care.
8. Directed the overall operations of the nursing department in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations to ensure the highest degree of quality care was maintained for the 70-bed skilled nursing, 45 NF beds facility and 63 bed assisted living. Executive Director
Franklin VNA & Hospice - Franklin, NH
October 2018 to January 2020
Report to the Board of Directors
• Manage and direct the overall care management and utilization of services
• Developed new RN grad program
• Developed risk for readmission protocol reduced rehospitalizations by 1.8% FY19
• Developed new protocols for mental health and revised policies to reflect changes in regulation and practice
• Expanded catchment area by two towns in FY19
• Optimized rev cycle and reduced A/R over 90 days by 30%
• Improved case mix from .84 to 1.0 and decreased visits per episode FY19
• Implemented web-based policy manager
• Deficiency free Hospice survey 2019
• Development and implantation of collaborative care bridge to hospice program
• Increased hospice ADC by 55%
• Increased Private duty ADC 44%
• Implemented "we honor veterans'' program"
• Increased hospice days/census by 25.6% FY 19
Director of Quality, Education & PS
VNA of Manchester & Southern New Hampshire - Manchester, NH June 2013 to September 2018
Report to VP of Home & Community Services
• Development and implementation of clinical and quality strategies that led to improved case mix from .98 to 1.07 and decreased visits per episode FY17
• Improved Quality Measurement and Medicare Home Health Star rating from 1.5 Star FY17 to 3.5 Stars FY18
• Established innovative care models that reduced waste and resulted in 1.2% increase visits per days.
• Provides leadership in data collection, data analysis, and performance improvement methods needed to support operation change.
• Increased hospice days/census by 25.6% FY 18
• Developed and managed the implementation of new clinical initiatives, including telehealth interactive platform education, CHF team protocol.
• Coordinate with directors/managers to ensure QAPI efforts are integrated into all operations and departments, including staff responsibilities.
• Provides leadership in data collection, data analysis, and performance improvement methods needed to support
• • Act as an advocate for the patient and family with third party payers and other service providers.
• • Work directly with clinical management to ensure buy in and engagement at the provider level. Practice Administrator
Core Physicians, LLC - Exeter, NH
October 2012 to May 2013
Report to VP of Clinical Operations
• Builds relationships with physicians, providers, and all staff to insure physician/provider and employee satisfaction and alignment with the mission, vision, and values of Core.
• Maintained an access model allowing for daily practice access. Manage volume and revenue and controllable expenses to budget.
• Implemented practice based operational initiatives such as Lean Six Sigma methodology, Medical Home
• Responsible for practice's performance to budgeting Financial Indicators, Capital needs planning, Monthly Profit/Loss evaluation & Financial benchmarks Interim Nurse Manager
University of Miami health System - Plantation, FL January 2009 to August 2012
Report to Chief Nursing Officer
• Successfully led activities in the development and expansion of the new Plantation facility Ambulatory Surgical Center including budget, hiring, design of the new minor operating room to optimize efficiency and patient safety.
• Led Plantation facility in preparation for successful JC survey thought out tenure.
• Manage triage/telephone service coordinating emergency care.
• Train and manage new RN per-diem task force.
• Serves as a patient service ambassador.
• Pre-op and circulate for minor operative procedures.
• Onsite employee health nurse
Master's Degree in Nursing Administration and Financial Leadership FLORIDA ATLANTIC UNIVERSITY - Davie, FL
Bachelor of Science in Nursing in Nursing
NOVA SOUTHEASTERN UNIVERSITY - Davie, FL
Associate in Nursing in Nursing
BROWARD COLLEGE - Fort Lauderdale, FL
Expires: March 2022
• Strategic Planning
• Contract Negotiations
• Financial Management
• Nurse Management
• Lean Six Sigma
• Training & Development
• Operations Management
• Quality Management
• Hospice Care
Certifications and Licenses
Executive Management Certified (EMC)
Strategic Organizational Leadership (SOLC)
BLS Provider Certification
Six Sigma Lean Green Belt in Healthcare (LGBH)