RUTH HULTMAN DESMIDT
ADMINISTRATIVE & CLERICAL OPTIMIZATION MEDICAL SCHEDULING STRATEGIC PLANNING A/R OPERATIONS MEDICAL TERMINOLOGY INSURANCE VERIFICATION MEETING COORDINATION PATIENT MANAGEMENT INTERPERSONAL COMMUNICATIONS CONFLICT RESOLUTION TEAM MOTIVATION BILLING Results-generating and detail-oriented professional who combines excellent clerical/administrative skills and a passion for executing administrative solutions from concept to completion. Proven track record of supporting hospital departments in fast paced environments. Excels in creating and developing new efficiency strategies and process improvement plans, resulting in organizational growth and hospital profitability. Reputable for developing, implementing, and communicating policies and objectives, handling unforeseen issues, and serving as a liaison to patients, internal staff, and external contacts. Ability to juggle and prioritize needs while ensuring speedy responses to logistics and business concerns. Expertise in process improvement with a consistent desire to improve quality, streamline workflow operations, and drastically increase hospital efficiency. Seeking to join a reputable team that is established on integrity, to champion for a mission of value, and that offers long-term opportunities for stability.
Highlighted Skills & Key Profile Offerings:
Recognized by hospital departments as a dynamic business professional with a focus on streamlining processes and hospital success in order to promote patient satisfaction, efficient operations, and employee motivation.
Conceptualizes, develops, and delivers creative administrative support strategies that support hospital departments and future-growth objectives, paired with excellent time management, multi-tasking, & prioritization skills.
Excellent communication skills with collaborative style of leadership and patient relations; hands-on approach to obtaining new patients and patient relationship management.
Technical proficiencies – Microsoft Office Suite - Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
MEDICAL RECEPTIONIST 11/2019 TO 10/2020
CALIFORNIA CARDIOVASCULAR CONSULTANTS MEDICAL ASSOCIATES FREMONT, CA Implemented strategic administrative, clerical, operations, technical support, and first-hand support for 12 MDs of different specialties. Managed a variety of key functions including providing patients with complex information, insurance verification, scheduling patient appointments, transcribing physician orders, monitoring inventory/supplies, and scanning patient records into electronic medical records (EMR). Responded immediately to shifting priorities/deadlines while expertly orchestrating hospital administrative organization to execute healthcare operations plans. Initiated system improvements by wearing ‘different hats’ to ensure process accuracy and drive efficiency. Cross-functionally collaborated with internal medical teams and MDs to create efficient workflows and promote innovative thought to drive ideation.
• Proven can-do attitude and business acumen with the ability to manage high-profile, fast-paced operations simultaneously, including patient relations, clerical/administrative management, financial organization, training, and team building.
• Analytical professional who collected co-pays, obtained and recorded patient records, and protected patient rights. Recognized by MDs and Healthcare Leadership for a continuous dedication to process improvement.
• Maintained open, clear, and transparent communications with all hospital departments to ensure all areas of responsibility operate in harmony with each other and with other departments within the for a cohesive mission. Cross-functionally collaborated with internal hospital teams to ensure efficient communication and department operations.
• Fostered a positive team-centric environment and provided ongoing assistance to other medical administrators. Developed and motivated staff driving to high levels of patient engagement and satisfaction.
• Persuasive communicator with well-developed patient service skills, creative conflict resolution, and attention to detail. Proven ability to develop productive relationships with patients and staff. MEDICAL RECEPTIONIST 08/2016 TO 08/2019
NEUROSPORT REHABILITATION FREMONT, CA
Patient service, crisis management, and relationship building leader in the form of driving patient retention in a fast-paced environment for five Physical Therapists. Identified opportunities for improvements and developed strategies to address RUTH HULTMAN DESMIDT P a g e 2
appropriate changes and/or enhancements. Professional skilled in creative problem-solving, workflow management, phone mastery skills, as well as adhering to medical policies and procedures to ensure smooth operations.
• Involved with all of the establishments' day-to-day functions including collecting co-pays, insurance verification operations, appointment scheduling, chart filing, and managing a high volume of patient calls. Willingly took on multiple responsibilities and roles within the practice to exceed department and patient expectations. QA SOFTWARE TESTER 10/2014 TO 06/2016
END OF PROGRAM PLEASANTON, CA
Performed documentation of test procedures and issues for quality assurance testing for multiple software applications and projects. Projects included Kaiser Permanente Pharmacy Prescription Processing System (ePIMS) utilizing Quality Center (HP/ALM). Analyzed and performed Quantitative Software Testing Metrics and Reports and the responsibility for overall testing and completion of those metrics.
BILLING CLERK 03/2005 TO 01/2013
PROFESSIONAL HOME CARE ASSOCIATES FREMONT, CA
Implemented strategic administrative, billing, and clerical operations to handle incoming billing and claims. Insurance expert who organized and managed incoming Medicare and private insurance deposits. Prepared A/R claims for billing and deposits, filed claims and forms, updated monthly end-of-month reports and verified balances, and tracked unpaid claims for re-billing. Recognized for 100% approval rating in collection services through elite use of medical terminology. EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
Associate in Secretarial/Word Processing
Chabot College - Hayward, CA
A.A. in Computer Information Systems
Chabot College - Hayward, CA
Certificate in Medical Front Office
Castro Valley Adult School - Castro Valley, CA
First Aid CPR AED, March 2021 to March 2023