http://www.hospemag.com/2016/05/exclusive-interview-amit-gurung.html Marital Status : Married
Passport Number : L-7575739
Mobile : +974-********
Current Place : West Bay,Doha,Qatar.
Position wanted : “Director of Housekeeping/Executive Housekeeper”. Total 14 Years of Experience in Luxury Brand of Hotel industry with best Hotels in India(10 years) And Bahrain(3.9 years) Holding luxury experience of 7+ years as a Executive housekeeper with 1.9 Years as a Shadow Room Division Manager.
Past Employer and Position Held :
• Elite Resort And Spa Muharraq Bahrain 3.9 Years 154 Suites Rooms, total 454 keys.
-Executive Housekeeper- (April 2014-November2017)
• Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces, Chandigarh, India 2 years. 149 Rooms
-Executive Housekeeper (April 2012-March 2014)
• The Park Hyderabad, India 8months. 270 Rooms,Pre-Opening.
-Executive Housekeeper-Opening Hotel Member (Feb 2011-September 2011)
• Radisson MBD Blu- NOIDA, India 2.2years. 126 Rooms
• Ramada by Wyndham, Gurgaon, India 8 months. 83 Rooms,Pre-Opening.
-Deputy Housekeeper,Pre Opening Team Member(April 2008-October 2008)
• Oberoi Resorts Hotels and Palaces-India 5 years. 85 and 136 Rooms.
-Housekeeping Assistant (May 2003- May 2005)
-Housekeeping Supervisor (November 2005 –March 2008). Year 2018-2020-Took care of Parents suffering from heart and ﬁnal stage of cancer which was detected later.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES as “Executive Housekeeper”
• Training the Room Division staff, how to handle the negative comment and create a chance with in that comment.
• To direct the activities of Housekeeping daily operation to maintain and improve high cleaning standard of guestrooms and public areas as well as courteous service to guest.
• To establish the skills analysis manual for all the team member in Housekeeping Department.
• To administrate the hiring and handle the resignation, rewards, reprimand of all the team member in Housekeeping and Laundry Departments in consulting with Personnel Office.
• To establish standard of cleanliness for all the area under his / her control.
• To institute working rules and practices to meet these standard.
• To establish training program, methods and procedures for development of employees.
• With the assistance of subordinates, to supervise team member of Floor Supervisors, Room attendants both in public area and guest rooms. Linen room attendants, Seamstresses, Carpet men, Order Takers, Clerks and Laundry Workers.
• To balance team member working schedule to meet peak and slack periods and maintain a close payroll control.
• To prepare annual uniform budget, annual Housekeeping FF&E and operating equipment budget in consulting with management and the relevant department.
• To make regular tour of inspection in vacant and occupied guestrooms to assure the cleaning standard is kept.
• To tour the guestrooms floors, back stairways, rooftop, offices and public areas to ensure the cleaning are well maintained.
• To maintain effective communication with Engineering for repairing and maintaining of guest - rooms and ensure rooms are in good condition at all times.
• To consult with Front Office regarding room blocking for special repairing or spring cleaning and return for sale at short length of time.
• To hold daily briefing with floor supervisors, to give information about daily expected VIP arrivals, guest complaints and special assignment etc.
• To conduct a monthly Housekeeping communication meeting to discuss the team member feedback, to rectify the errors for improvement, to communicate all the special instructions and happenings within the hotel, other than morning briefing.
• To attend various meetings to exchange ideas for constructive improvement of hotel operation and keep the subordinates informed for any management’s decision.
• To endorse all the purchased items and make receiving inspections for assurance quality and quantity.
• To suggest and consult with the management for any changes or renovation which is necessary either guest rooms or public area.
• To be responsible for guest room supplies and cleaning supplies when necessary.
• To be responsible for room linen and F&B linen inventories, to supervise and arrange taking of physical inventories.
• To supervise laundry daily operation to provide daily guest laundry service, house linen and uniform.
• To maintain linen room, uniform and house linen repair service. To observe house linen, uniform and cleaning equipment constantly to avoid abuse and minimize loss and damage.
• To evaluate the performance of the department personnel from time to time.
• To interview team member who involves problems and listen so as to solve or smooth troubles.
• To recommend candidates for the career developing institute or cross exposure in sister hotels or for other courses training.
• To determine discards of blankets, bedspreads, drapes, room linen and Food & Beverage linen etc.
• To oversee the departmental skill training program and be responsible for having relevant manuals revised as necessary.
• To meet with the salesmen or outside consultants in order to keep informed of any newest product of effective cleaning material and equipment.
• To be absolute guest orientated manner and mind, to control on any aspect and to care properties.
• Adhere to the hotel’s security and emergency policies and procedures.
• To ensure that all team members have a complete understanding of and adhere to the Hotel’s Team member Rules and Regulations.
• The management reserves the right to change / extend this job description if necessary at any point of time during her / his employment.
• Carries out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Leading the Team of hotels (Radisson MBD,The Park,Taj hotels and Elite Resort and spa) for clearing the Five Star Hotel Categorization,JD Audit,ISO 22000 -24000,HACCP,EARTHCHECK
• Exceptional knowledge for Marble restoration and shining toughened glass. Educational Credentials
• Graduation-(Economis,IRPM) -Delhi University (Zakir Husain College-1999/2002)
• Diploma- Hospitality Management,Air Hostess Academy,New Delhi (2001-2002)
• Schooling - D.A.V Jawahar Vidya Mandir,CBSE,Ranchi(1982/1997) Training Attended
• Train the Trainer Programme (Taj Hotels resorts and Palaces).
• YES I CAN, By Carlson Group.
• Housekeeping Operations Management Workshop- Mr. David Longworth(OCLD Faculty)
• Certified Departmental Trainer Programme –Oberoi Hotels Resorts and Palaces.
• Supervisory Development Programme (Oberoi Hotels resorts and Palaces) Current Place : - West Bay, Doha Amit Kumar Gurung