Objective: Bilingual (Japanese/English) language teacher / translator looking to develop Japanese translation and interpretation knowledge and skills Shaker Heights, OH 44122
• Received B.A. degree in Psychology in December 2013 Currently working as a bartender at a hibachi restaurant making drinks, answering the phone to take orders and reservations, and handling all cash and card transactions in the restaurant.
• March 2020 - March 2021 taught as a native-speaking English teacher at Tatarachuo Junior high school in Fukuoka, Japan. The position involved teaching 3-5 classes a day of 38-42 students each, designing materials and lessons along with Japanese teaching staff
• Worked as a bartender at a hibachi restaurant making drinks, answering the phone to take orders and reservations, and handling all cash and card transactions in the restaurant.
• From May 2016 to March 2017 taught English at two Junior high schools in Kitakyushu, Japan for the duration of nine months
• Taught English at preschool and elementary levels (ages 3-12) in rural Japan from April 2014 to March 2015 using the revolutionary Pacific Language School method
• Intensive study of the Japanese language for ten years, with fluent reading, listening, and speaking ability
• Capstone Psychological research project included creating and executing a quasi-experimental study
• Taught and worked with children as a volunteer at my local middle school's band camp for two consecutive summers; from 2008-2009.
Willing to relocate to: Columbus, OH - Cleveland, OH - Authorized to work in the US for any employer
Native English Teacher
OWLS cooporation - Fukuoka city, Japan
March 2020 to March 2021
• March 2020 - March 2021 taught as a native-speaking English teacher at Tatarachuo Junior high school in Fukuoka, Japan
• The position involved teaching 3-5 classes a day of 38-42 students each
• Designed materials and lessons along with Japanese teaching staff
• Interacted with students throughout the school day in English, reinforcing their knowledge and skills developed in the classroom
Akira sushi and hibatchi - Solon, OH
May 2017 to February 2019
- make all types of mixed drinks and cocktails from memory
- greet bar patrons and take their orders
- answer the phone to take take out orders and reservations
- schedule and package take out orders for customers
- communicate with chefs to properly schedule take out orders
- calculate and distribute servers' and hibachi chefs' tips
- complete liquor inventory weekly
- keep bar stocked
- look up and create any drink requested by a customer if comparable ingredients are available Assistant Language Teacher (ALT)
KBS corporation - Kitakyushu, Japan
June 2016 to February 2017
• worked as an assistant to the head English teachers at two Junior high schools in Kitakyushu, Japan.
• Responsibilities consisted of planning lessons with the head teachers, conducting speaking tests, and correcting written assignments.
• Interacted with students outside of class and engage them in simple English to get them interested in foreign culture and the English language.
• Used my Japanese knowledge to explain and help students with assignments. Bilingual Moving Assistant
Nissin International Transport - Marysville, OH
August 2015 to October 2015
• Assisted Japanese nationals move to and from the United States.
• Packed, delivered, and sometimes assembled furniture for customers and used my Japanese language skills to talk to coworkers and customers for convenience.
• Checked inventory and operated a forklift to store furniture in a warehouse. Native Language Teacher
A to Z Corporation
April 2014 to March 2015
Full time position, full responsibility for teaching English to children ages 3-12 at Miyada Elementary School and preschools using the revolutionary PLS (Pacific Language School) method of teaching.
• Created positive, fun, learning environment
• Cleaned the school along with the students everyday during cleaning time
• Taught English songs to younger students
• Successfully communicated with Japanese teachers using Japanese Band Camp Volunteer
Middle School - Shaker Heights, OH
July 2008 to July 2009
Aided Shaker Heights band instructors during a two week session
• Responsible for organizing sectional rehearsals, looking after the children during the lunch hour, and cleaning up and putting away chairs, stands, and other equipment at the end of the day. PROFESSIONAL SKILLS
• Word Processing and Basic Internet Usage
• Lesson planning (Effectively sequencing engaging learning activities)
• Training in Pacific Language School teaching methodology Education
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
Cleveland State University College of Sciences and Health Professions - Cleveland, OH December 2013
Shaker Heights High School - Shaker Heights, OH
Japan that included a home-stay
Shaker Heights High School
2006 to 2010
• Japanese Language, Music (Clarinet and Tenor Saxophone)
• Mixology (1 year)
• Microsoft Office and Excell
• Restaurant Closing and tip distribution (3 years)
• Inventory Management and Stocking (3 years)
• Restaurant Server
• Experience with Children
• Preschool Experience
Certifications and Licenses
Degree in Mixology from Columbus Bartending School Present
Certificate of completion of the final exam at Columbus Bartending School in Columbus, Ohio. This exam involved a long written section testing knowledge of spirits, as well as basic drink making knowledge and common brands of liquors. The exam also involved a hands on section that required the student to make 28 drinks of all varieties purely from memory in the course of 45 minutes.