RESUME Valentin Popovici
Mechanic- Technician ** Scarfair Ptwy.
Toronto; ON; M1B 4G1
OBJECTIVE: A position as a Mechanic-Technician where I can apply my skills and my extensive experience in manufacturing, maintaining, troubleshooting, repairing, rebuilding and testing different mechanical/ thermal equipment.
HIGHLIGHTS: 25 years experience in mechanical/ thermal equipment.
Multilingual: English, French and Rumanian.
Computer skills: Microsoft Office 2013; AutoCAD 2007/ 3D solid modeling design.
• Maintenance Mechanic; United Hoist Equipment; 2012-present;
Maintenance and overhaul of heavy-duty hoisting equipment.
• Heavy-Duty Mechanic; Terratechnik Environmental Limited/
Ontario Laser Rentals: 2009- 2011
Service of Caterpillar bulldozers and Hitachi, Caterpillar and Daewoo hydraulic excavators and theirs atachements: blades, buckets, hydraulic hammers, compactors, shears, pulverizers.
• Diesel Technician: Industry Diesel & Turbo Service Ltd./
Twin Hills Ford-Lincoln./
Berco-Automotive: 2007- 2008:
• Millwright/ Industrial Mechanic; Cast-Stone Precast Inc.
Professional Mixing Equipment
Custom Metal Ltd. 2004- 2006
• Sales/ Service/ Waranty -Manager oil & gas & mining equipment: Petroutilaj S.A. Campina; Romania: 1995-2003.
1. Rent and Sales of machinery and spare parts.
2. Delivery and Installation of oil & gas & mining equipment to the customers.
3. Service and repair the equipment after renting or complained by the customers:
- oil & gas equipment: land and portable drilling rigs; drilling bits and augers; deck, boom, wall, revolving, telescope, overhead cranes and lifting equipment; pneumatic and hydraulic winches, capstans and drums; blowout preventers; Diesel and dual-fuel engines; Diesel and metan-gas electric generators; duplex and triplex mud-pumps; air and metan-gas centrifugal and reciprocating compressors; hydraulic and pneumatic power tools. .
- mining-equipment: rock-drilling equipment: cutting systems; hydraulic hammers; power-crushers; rod-mills and ball-mills; vibrating screeners and shake-outs; haulage-systems and bulk material handling equipment: belt conveyor systems; chutes; hoists, elevators and winches; locomotives, shuttle-cars, rail-cars; concrete mixers and concrete pumps.
• Heavy-Duty Diesel Equipment Technician; Uzina Mecanica Poiana Campina; Romania; 1990-1995.
1. Inspect heavy-duty equipment used in construction, farms and transportation: tractors, buldozers, hydraulic-excavators, backhoe-loaders, forklifts, crawler-loaders, wheel-loaders, heavy-duty grapple, motor-graders, compactors, ditch diggers, ditcher loaders, pipelayers of different brands: Caterpillar, Komatsu, Hitachi, John Deere, JCB, CASE, Kubota, Bobcat, Toyota, Daewoo ; trucks, trailers, hydraulic-hamers, hydraulic-crushers, screeners, belt conveyor systems, Diesel locomotives, train wagons to detect faults and malfunctions.
1. Troubleshoot and diagnose faults or malfunctions of heavy-duty equipment to determine extend of repair required.
2. Service, repair and overhaul heavy-duty equipment.
3. Repair and rebuild Diesel engines that power transportation equipment.
Work with a large amount of Diesel engines: Caterpillar, G.M., Cummins, Deutz, MAN, FIAT, Maybach-Mercedes-Benz, Sulzer, Hitachi, Daewoo, Mitsubishi etc
Design and fabricate parts of heavy-duty equipment.
4. Test repaired heavy-duty equipment for proper performance and to ensure that it meets manufacturer’s specifications. Test repared Diesel engines for proper performances.
Instrumentation of Diesel engines, measure temperatures, pressures, fluid flows, speed rotation, power, engine emissions and engine calibration using multimeters, oscilloscopes and hydraulic/ electrical dynamometers.
• HVAC/Stationary Engineer; Uzina Mecanica Poiana Campina; Romania: 1985-1990.
Licensed by TSSA from my first country for designing and inspecting boilers and pressure vessels.
1. Inspect stationary equipment for heating, refrigeration, ventilation and air conditioning: steam boilers, steam generators, furnaces, gas and fuel burners, Diesel-electrical generators, gas turbines, refrigeration systems, centrifugal and reciprocating pumps and compressors, vacuum pumps, dryers, steel storage tanks, pressure vessels, heat exchangers, condensers, dust collectors, air/water filters, cooling towers, centrifugal chillers, fittings, valves, switches, piping and compressed gas systems, steam and water systems, hydronics systems, ventilators, air duct systems to determine need of adjustment, lubrication or repair.
2. Identify, troubleshoot and correct any trouble that develop in HVAC equipment:
3. Service and repair HVAC equipment.
4. Design and manufacture machine parts.
• Maintenance Technician; Uzina Mecanica Poiana Campina; Romania: 1978-1985.
1. Inspect, troubleshoot and repair machinery and equipment: tools and dies, moulds, jigs, machine- tools, special purpose machinery, industrial automation equipment; components, power transmission systems, to detect and investigate irregularities and malfunctions.
Licensed by TSSA from my first country for designing and inspecting hoisting equipment of different brands: DEMAG, FAUN, KRUPP etc: industrial cranes: elevators, bridge cranes, deck, boom, wall,
revolving, telescope, overhead traveling cranes and lifting equipment; pneumatic and hydraulic winches, hoisting and lifting devices, material handling equipment, capstans and drums; forklifts, lift trucks, truck cranes, mobile cranes: mobile hydraulic telescoping boom cranes, pipelayer tractors.
Hydraulic and pneumatic installations for technological equipment; different machine tools for oil & gas processes, hydraulic presses and devices for assembling or disassembling mechanical equipment, checking devices and instalation for final testing of hydraulic and pneumatic equipment:
- hydraulic systems: axial-flow, mixed flow, reciprocating, gear, sliding-vane and axial piston pumps; vacuum pumps; cylinders; accumulators; directional control-valves, check and pressure control valves; filter units; reservoirs/ tanks; heat exchangers; fittings.
- pneumatic systems: reciprocating, rotary and centrifugal gas and air compressors; turbocompressors, FRL units; aftercoolers; air reservoirs; pneumatic valves; pneumatic actuators; fittings.
Working with Ingersoll-Rand “XOB” and “TVR” engines and gas compressors and with turbocompressors for Gas and Diesel engines and for pumping methan-gas; with pumping and compressing equipment powered by Electrical or Diesel engines. I have worked with balancing- machines for balancing compressor and turbocharger rotors.
2. Identify and correct any trouble that develop in machinery and equipment.
3. Service and repair mechanical equipment.
4. Design and manufacture machine parts.
5. Assemble machinery and equipment.
6. Test repaired machinery and equipment for proper performance.
EDUCATION:- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Polytechnic University of Bucharest, Romania 1978. My degree was evaluated by the University of Toronto to be equivalent in academic level to a degree from a Canadian university.
- Emission Systems Diagnostics, Centennial College Toronto 2005.
- Automotive Electrical/ Electronics-level 3, Centennial College Toronto 2005.