P.O. Box M 246, Mile 7,
New Achimota, Accra,
Highly motivated and self-directed accounts and financial analyst, with a diverse educational background, focused on assessing financial and economic performance to improve the financial status of a company. Familiar with monitoring variances, identifying trends and recommending appropriate actions. QUALIFICATIONS:
MSc. International Finance - 2015
MSc. Accounting (Associate Award) - 2015
BSc. Business Administration (Accounting) - 2012
West African Senior Secondary Certificate (WASSCE) - 2007 SCHOOLS ATTENDED:
University of Nürtingen-Geislingen (HfWU), Germany
(European School of Finance)
• Master of Science, International Finance - 2013-2015 University of South Wales (Exchange Program) - 2014/2015 University of Ghana (Ghana Business School) - 2008-2012
• Bachelor of Science, Business Admin. (Accounting) Other Professional/Educational Pursuits
Student Accountant, Institute of Chartered Accountants (ICA), Ghana WORK EXPERIENCE
KPMG GHANA - 10/2015 to date
Job Position: Auditor (Financial Services)
• Team lead/ In charge for Absa Bank Ghana Limited, Republic Bank Ghana, GHL Bank Plc audit
• Member for Official administration and receivership team for Unibank and construction Bank.
• Member of KPMG Ghana auditing team for Ecobank Ghana, Metropolitan Entities Ghana, Ghana Home Loans, UT Bank Ghana, African Hospitality Limited and Gear House Ghana. Responsibilities
• Plan work on assigned segments of audit;
• Brainstorm potential fraud risks during planning process and gathering of information necessary to identify the risk of material statement due to fraud;
• Audit and review of financial Statements
• Recommend means of obtaining, analyzing and evaluating evidentiary data;
• Review transactions, documents, records, reports and methods for accuracy and effectiveness;
• Prepare acceptable working papers that record and summarize data on the assigned audit segment;
• Hold preliminary discussions of apparent deficiencies with management to verify and obtain explanations of and reasons for each apparent deficiency and documents responses;
• Report audit findings and make recommendations for the correction of unsatisfactory conditions, improvements in operations and reductions in cost;
• Perform special reviews at the instance of Team Leader. Volta River Authority
Job Position: Service Auditor - 2012-2013
• Designed and executed compliance, financial and operational audit/evaluation programs;
• Assessed new and existing processes to identify risks and recommend improvements;
• Interpreted the significance of findings, conclude on findings and make practical; recommendations;
• Prepared reports documenting audit/evaluation scope, procedures, findings and recommendations;
• Managed work requirements and timelines to meet assigned initiatives;
• Effectively communicated with and educated process owners, including non-finance individuals, on the importance of controls, an effective control environment, and the role of Internal Audit;
• Participated in driving the long-term strategy for Internal Audit with innovative, creative thinking and willingness to push the boundaries of traditional audit approach, such as the use of data analytics.
Ghana Commercial Bank (now GCB Bank Limited) - Jun-Aug. 2011 Job Position: Industrial Intern (Internal Auditing)
• Audited the Bank’s Clinic as well as evaluated the effectiveness of risk management and recommended controls.
Volta River Authority - Jun-Aug. 2010
Job Position: Industrial Intern (Finance/Accounting)
• COMPUTRON Financial and Materials Management Systems (FINMAT) o Accounts Preparation – financial transactions through Final Accounts PERSONAL ENGAGEMENTS
University of Ghana, Accra, Ghana
• Member, Association of Business Students
Holy Child School, Cape Coast, Ghana
• Member, Read Wide Club - 2004-2007
• Financial Secretary, Read Wide Club - 2006/2007
• Member, Writers/Debaters Club - 2003/2007
• Member, Cadet Corps - 2004-2007
• Member, Child’s Right - 2003-2007
Competences and Skills
• Well-versed in analyzing current and past financial data and performances, and preparation of financial analyses and models to aid in investment decisions.
• Preparation on financial statements in accordance with IFRS and IAS.
• Proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint presentation and Advanced Excel.
• Computron Financials and Materials Mgt. System and TeamMate Auditing Software.
• Detail-oriented and strong interpersonal skills;
• Ability to work individually as well as in group environment;
• Patient under pressure and effective at multitasking. Leisure/Interest
Reading, Writing, Debating, gardening and Voluntary work. REFEREES:
Professor Dr. Dr. Dietmar Ernst, Mr. Ebenezer Omari-Mireku, European School of Finance, Manager, Special Audits University of Nürtingen-Geislingen (HfWU), Volta River Authority, Neckarsteige 6-10, 72622, P.O. Box MB77,
Nürtingen, GERMANY. Accra, GHANA .