● Around *+ years of extensive experience in database design, development, and administration withMS SQL Server versions 2019/2018/2017/2016/2014/2012/2008R2 using SSIS, SSRS in Financial, Banking industries.
● Experienced with all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) involving Systems Analysis, Design, Development, and Implementation.
● Strong experience in logical and physical database design and development, Normalization and data modeling using CA Erwin and MS SQL Server Enterprise manager.
● Excellent experience in migration of data from Excel, Flat file, Oracle to Microsoft SQL Server by using SSIS and DTS (Data Transformation Services) utility.
● Experienced in designing high level ETL architecture for overall data transfer from the OLTP – Online Transaction Processing to OLAP – Online Analytical Processing with the help of SSIS.
● Experience working on MicroStrategy using application development methodologies (i.e. SDLC) such as Waterfall and Agile.
● Strong experience in designing and developing a large number of reports in SSRS using the data from ETL Loads, MS SSAS Cubes and various heterogeneous data sources and MDX.
● Worked with T-SQL, DDL, and DML Scripts and established relationships between tables using Primary Keys and Foreign Keys,Data modeling.
● Experience working with complex data sets in a multi-sector environment.
● Expert in designing and scheduling complex SSIS Packages for transferring data manually from multiple data sources to SQL server.
● In depth Knowledge in ER Modeling and Dimensional modeling (Star and Snowflake Schema) building Dimension, Data marts and Fact tables,Data modeling.
● Expert in creating, configuring and fine-tuning ETL workflows designed in DTS and MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
● Expert in transforming data from different sources (CSV, Flat Files, Excel) to SQL Server databases.
● Experience working with ActiveX data Objects.
● Good Knowledge with VBA Excel.
● Experienced in developing and modifying cubes using SSAS and transforming into pivot tables.
● Experienced in developing and modifying multi-dimensional cubes using MDX in SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
● Good Knowledge on creating scorecards and dashboards using MS Office performance Point Server (MS ProClarity Analytics) Dashboard Designer and integrated them with SharePoint Web Services.
● Expert in Creating and Deploying SSRS Reports on the portal for user accessibility.
● Expert in developing Drill through and Drill down reports using Crystal Reports and MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
● Experience in deriving cube calculations using MDX scripting and MDX driven SSRS reports.
● Good Knowledge on creating and Supporting Tableau Reports.
● Good Knowledge on Agile.
● Highly proficient in the use of T-SQL for developing complex stored procedures, triggers, tables, user functions, user profiles, relational database models and data integrity, SQL joins and query writing.
● Experienced in implementing Key Performance Indicator (KPI) Objects in SSAS 2005.
● Efficient in upgrading and migration from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2012/2008R2/2005.
● Good Knowledge and understanding in HTML, XML.
● Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills and ready to take challenges with proven ability.
● Bachelors in commerce from Maharaja Sayajirao University – Vadodara, India
SQL Server/BI Tools
SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), MS Visual Studio 2010/2008, Business Intelligence development Studio (BIDS), Export & Import (DTS), Query Analyzer, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), Tableau, SharePoint 2010/2007, MicroStrategy
MS SQL Server 2019/2018/2017/2016/2014/2012/2008R2/2008 MS Access.
T-SQ, PL/SQL, Postgresql, XML, VBA Excel.
MS-DOS, Windows 7/XP/NT 4.0/2000/2003/2008 Server, UNIX(LINUX)
Database Design Tools and Data Modeling
MS Visio 2008/2011, ERWIN r7/r4/r3.5, Star Schema/Snowflake Schema modeling, FACT & Dimensions tables
Database Tools and Utilities
SQL Server Management Studio, Enterprise Manager Query Analyzer, SQL Profiler, Database Engine Tuning Advisor
Version Control Tools
VSS, Subversion, TFS,Web API
SEI Investments, Collegeville, PA 19426 Sep 19 – Till Date
Description: I was involved in doing requirement gathering and analyzing all my SSIS Packages, I worked on Loan Processing to develop a package that can process data from various Data Sources. In the implementation of the project, I established the road map to design the automated SSIS package.To extract data from source and staging table to that I have performed an Incremental Load approach.
SQL Server /SSIS/ SSRS Developer
● Assists in the development and delivery of technical and process-oriented solutions and recommendations in support of the production environment.
● Analyzing business and user needs, documentation of current system requirements, translation into proper system specifications, and writing and execution of test cases.
● Worked on applications coded in an agile environment utilizing a test-driven development approach.
● Designing databases and ensuring their stability and performance.
● Created complex functions, stored procedures, and triggers to support application development and improve performance, Data modeling.
● Work at a high level of most phases of systems analysis and considers the business implications of the application of technology to the current and future business environment.
● Deploy, Configure, Maintain compute on Azure.
● Development and configuration of report server and report manager, handle permissions to users of various levels with SSRS.
● Writing SQL Queries to extract data using DB Visualizer.
● Developing SSRS reports and dashboards from multiple data sources using data blending.
● Using SSRS to explore data in different ways and across multiple visualizations.
● Troubleshooting high level issues to identify and resolve issues caused by database, source data, ETL, or the Business Intelligence software (For example: NULLS causing Joins to function incorrectly, ETL running out of sequence, Micro strategy objects not set up properly)
● Troubleshoot Azure Cloud related issues and work with internal teams to resolve the issues.
● Scheduling jobs using a third-party application (Confluence Workstation) and SQL Server job agent to extract data from crystal reports and place the files in the outbound folder.
● Manage all DB maintenance plan activities including backups, indexing, integrity and consistency checks, etc.
● Scheduling the SQL Jobs using Autosys and Maintaining.
● Analysis and profiling of source data, creating prototypes and sample reports to help with requirements and design.
● Designing Power BI data visualization using cross tabs, scatter plots, pie, bar and density charts.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2012, 2014, 2016, 2018/2019,, Postgresql, Microsoft Integration Services (SSIS), Microsoft Reporting Services (SSRS), Windows 7
Scotiabank, New york, NY Jan 18 – Aug 19
Description: The major goal of the project is to provide daily Cash flow (transactions) (deposit/withdrawal) for accounts, and also provide new accounts opened by the partners, and also provide the account information that is closed. I have used SSIS packages that involved loading all claims from various data sources like Oracle, Oldb2, Flat files, EXCEL and CSV to SQL Database. My major tasks involved Data ETL Process.
SQL Server/SSIS/SSRS Developer
● Worked with Business Analysts in gathering requirements and translating them to technical specifications.
● Involved in the analysis and profiling of source data, creating prototypes and sample reports to help with requirements and design.
● Use the Warehouse Catalog to move and update tables in MicroStrategy.
● Using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) delivering enterprise, web-enabled reporting to create reports that draw content from a variety of data sources.
● Created jobs for automatically running stored procedures for day-end operations using SQL Server agent such as index rebuild, data loads and summary reports
● Involved in Performance Tuning of Code using execution plan and SQL profiler and added Indexes to improve performance on tables
● Using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) to design and maintain ETL Solutions.
● Generated Reports using Global Variables, Expressions and Functions for the reports using SSRS 2010, 2012, 2017.
● Participating in defining ETL strategies, preparing transformation rules and mapping data from source to target
● Created logging for ETL load at package level and task level to log number of records processed by each package and each task in a package using SSIS.
● Creating solutions and helping prepare test plans by having good knowledge of data warehousing concepts, dimensional/ cube data modeling techniques.
● Implemented security to restrict the access to users and to allow them to use only certain reports.
● Designed and developed efficient SSIS packages for processing fact and dimension tables with complex transformations.
● Extracted large volumes of data from various data sources and loaded the data into target data sources by performing different kinds of transformations using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
● Created SSIS packages for Uploading of different formats of files (Excel, Access, dbf) and databases (SQL server, Flat files) into the SQL Server data warehouse using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
● Extracting data from Datawarehouse, Data modeling and Data Mart through SSIS.
● Migrated data from Heterogeneous Data Sources and legacy system (DB2, Access, Excel) to SQL Server databases using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) to overcome transformation constraints
● SQL Server Index Maintenance and Performance Tuning for Large Tables
● Rewrote and tuned long-running SQL queries to cut execution time, ease database load and improve scalability.
● Experienced working with Autosys scheduler for reporting and monitoring jobs.
● Experience in ETL Data Warehouse environment. Created Jobs in SSIS and was responsible for ETL jobs scheduled to run daily.
● Designing and implementing a variety of SSRS reports such as Parameterized, Drilldown, Ad hoc and Sub-reports using Report Designer and Report Builder based on the requirements.
● Designed SSRS reports with sub reports, dynamic sorting, defining data source and subtotals for the report.
● Generating Ad-hoc reports in Excel Power Pivot and breaking them using Power BI for planning purposes.
● Developed, monitored and deployed SSIS packages.
● Creating Reports as per user requirements using SQL Server Reporting Services 2012.
● Design and develop custom reports and deploy them using Power BI.
● Collaborating with Scrum master, Testing team and BA in Agile methodology.
● Providing data support for Tableau Reporting.
● Written complex T-SQL queries and created Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions and Views using SQL Server 2017, 2016, 2014, 2012.
● Worked on backend related for windows and web applications to perform CRUD operations.
● Build Back-end support for Application from ground up using Shell scripts & Perl.
● Involve in the development of the application using Python 3.3, HTML5, CSS3.
● Created Unit test cases for all service methods.
● Experience in SQL DBA.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008 R2/2012,2014,2016,2017, Postgresql,Excel 2010, Microsoft Integration services (SSIS), Microsoft Reporting Services (SSRS), Power BI, Tableau Visual Studio 2010, Windows 7
BankOfAmerica, North Brunswick, NJ Aug 15 - Dec 17
SQL Server/SSIS/SSRS Developer
● Worked on Migration from SQL Server 2000/2005 to SQL Server 2008R2 and SQL Server 2012.
● Worked on upgrading SQL Server 2000 and 2005 databases to SQL Server 2008 R2 and SQL Server 2012.
● Experience in moving data from heterogeneous data sources to SQL Server using DTS/SSIS.
● Experience in Bulk Copy (BCP), Script task and Script component for complex SSIS transformations.
● Experience in Data Conversion and Data Migration using SSIS and DTS services across different databases like Python, MS access and flat files.
● Experience in report writing using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and creating various types of reports like drill down, Parameterized, Cascading, Conditional, Table, Matrix, Chart, Ad hoc, Sub Reports and created report subscriptions.
● Created Reports with complex formulas and to query the database for business Intelligence.
● Developed Drill Down, Cascading, Drill through, Sub reports and Charts using Global variables, Parameters Expressions and Functions for the Business Users
● Experience in Designing and Building the Dimensions and cubes with star schema using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
● Participated in designing and developing Data Warehouses, Data marts and Business Intelligence using multi-dimensional models such as Star Schemas and SnowFlake Schema for developing Cubes in SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
● Utilise SSAS and MDX coding to design and develop multi-dimensional models of large data sets.
● Migrated DTS packages into SSIS packages.
● Experience in working and fixing defects on upgrades to systems from SQL Server 2005 to SQL server 2012.
● MS SQL Server Configuration, Performance Tuning,Data modeling, Client-Server Connectivity, Query Optimization, Database Maintenance Plans and Database Consistency Checking DBCC commands.
● Experience in using profilers, IndexTuning Wizard and performance monitor to monitor SQL Server.
● Experience in Creating and Updating Clustered and Non-Clustered Indexes to keep up the SQL Server Performance
● Worked with test and production teams to Promote Stored Procedures, SSIS packages and Reports into production.
● Skilled at assessing client needs, working in groups, suggesting ideas that enhance efficiency and performance, implementing technology solutions, and training end users.
Environment: SQL Server 2012/2008R2 Enterprise Edition,Postgresql Windows Enterprise Server 2008R2, IIS 7.5, SSRS, SSIS, Excel 2007/2010
TD Bank, Cherry Hill, NJ Jan 13 - July15
SQL Server/SSIS/SSRS Developer
● Implemented a well-planned backup and restore strategy that protects databases against data loss
● Responsible for design, development and implementation of mappings/transformations based in source-to-target specifications, defining ETL (extract transform, load).
● Developed complex SQL queries, stored procedures, and DTS packages
● Involved in complete SDLC, which includes requirement gathering, analysis, design, development, Implementation, Data modeling
● Involved in designing and writing Stored Procedures, functions and packages using T-SQL for SQL Server 2005
● Used DBCC utilities to fix data corruption in application databases
● Development of Business rules implemented as Constraints, Triggers and or Stored Procedures
● Actively involved in Normalization & Denormalization of databases.
● Installed and Configured SQL Server 2005 on servers.
● Designed DDL and DML for MS SQL Server 2005.
● Using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) to populate data from various data sources
● Optimized query performance by creating indexes.
● Involved in writing SQL batch scripts.
● Created scripts for tables, stored procedures and DTS.
● Writing T-SQL statements for retrieval of data and Involved in performance tuning of TSQL
● Involved in merging existing databases and designed new data models to meet the requirements.
● Create joins and subqueries for complex queries involving multiple tables.
● Used DML for writing triggers, stored procedures, and data manipulation.
● Taking Database full Backup, Transaction log backup & differential backup in daily Routine
● Monitor production Server Activity.
● Worked with DTS packages to load the massaged data into Data warehousing system
● Tuned the SQL queries using SQL profiler and involved in tuning the database
Environment: SQL Server 2005 Enterprise, Windows Enterprise Server 2003, Microsoft Visio, DTS, SQL Profiler, Query Analyzer.
Lincoln Financial Group, Edison, NJ Oct 10 -Dec12
SQL Server/SSIS/SSRS Developer
● Developed backup restore scripts for SQL Server as needed.
● Involved in Creation of Reports, Created ODBC Connections and database Connections.
● Wrote complex ETL scripts using SQL server integration services.
● Deeply involved in developing SSIS packages for extracting the data from the database, transforming it and loading into the data warehouse.
● Worked on various SSIS objects like Data flow components, Control Flow elements, Connection Manager, Event Handling and log providers.
● Based on the required reports, identified various data sources and established the connections using SSIS and constructed data source view.
● Formatted reports for various Output formats such as PDF, EXCEL and WORD for the convenience of the end users.
● Develop and deliver dynamic reporting solutions using SQL Server 2012 Reporting Services (SSRS).
● Created Drill down and Drill through reports using Crystal Reports.
● Provided DBA assistance in SharePoint 2007 to SharePoint2010 conversion.
● Designed and implemented data access stored procedures and triggers for automating tasks.
● Involved in job scheduling and alerts.
● Designed and implemented user login and security.
● Wrote Parameterized Queries for generating Tabular reports and Subreports using Expressions, and Functions, Sorting the data, Defining Data sources and Subtotals for the reports using SSRS 2008R2.
● Defined report layouts including report parameters and wrote queries for drill down reports using SSRS 2008R2.
● Developed complex reports using multiple data providers, user defined objects, aggregate aware objects, charts, and synchronized queries.
● Administered interface to organize reports and data sources, schedule report execution and delivery, and track reporting history using SSRS 2008R2.
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Enterprise Edition, Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007/2010, Crystal reports, T-SQL, Windows 2007.