Kathleen P. Gorman, R.N., B.S.N.
Quincy, MA 02169
Staff Registered Nurse. PACU, Beth-Israel Deaconess Medical Center Boston, MA. January 2008-April 2019
• 26 bed Post Anesthesia Care Unit
• Cared for patients ranging in acuity from outpatient to critical care ICU level
• Proficient in intravenous IV therapy
• Cared for patients in both the pre and postoperative period
• Member of the units' Nursing Practice Committee
Staff Registered Nurse Beth Israel Deaconess Urgent Care Norwood, MA & Chestnut Hill, MA May 2014-Present
• Fast paced ambulatory care setting
• Treating patients with various diagnoses
Staff Registered Nurse Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center at Fenway Park Boston, MA 2002-Present
• First Aid Center caring for all patrons attending events at Fenway Park Staff Registered Nurse. Cardiac Cath Lab Holding Area, Beth-Israel Deaconess Medical Center Boston MA. September 2006-December 2007
• Responsibilities included caring for patients pre and post Cardiac catheterization procedures Staff Registered Nurse. Emergency Room, Beth-Israel Deaconess Medical Center Boston MA. October 2000- September 2006
• Level I trauma certified emergency room
• Triaging patients according to acuity
• Rotated to role of shift resource nurse
• Acted as nurse liaison between the Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner Program associated with the Massachusetts Department of Victim Assistance and the emergency room
• Maintained education of emergency room staff regarding the care of sexual assault patients
• Obtained state certification as a Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (S.A.N.E.) Staff Registered Nurse. Emergency Room, Mount Auburn Hospital Cambridge MA. September 1999-October 2001
• 25 bed level 2 community hospital emergency room
• Caring for patients ranging at various level of acuity Staff Registered Nurse. Pediatric ICU, Boston Children’s Hospital Boston MA. February 1999-August 1999
• 18-bed multi-disciplinary pediatric ICU
• Caring for critically ill patients ranging in age from infant to adult Staff Registered Nurse. Surgical Step-Down Unit Beth-Israel Deaconess Medical Center Boston MA. May 1998- January 1999
• 12-bed step-down unit that specialized in cardiac and thoracic surgery
• Treating patients with invasive hemodynamic monitoring such as arterial lines and pulmonary artery lines Staff Registered Nurse. Medical Step-Down Unit, Manchester Memorial Hospital Manchester CT December 1997-May 1998
• 22-bed medical cardiac special care unit
• Rotated through a 10-bed ICU and a 5-bed CCU
• Obtained CCRN (Critical Care Registered Nurse) certification Certifications:
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (A.C.L.S) May 1996-Present Basic Cardiac Life Support (B.C.L.S) 1992-Present
Sexual Assault Nursing Examiner (S.A.N.E) 2006-2007 Critical Care Registered Nurse (C.C.R.N) 1998-1999 Progressive Critical Care Nurse Certification (P.C.C.N) August 2017-December 2017 Education:
Bachelor of Science in Nursing. Regis College, Weston, MA 1996 Associate Degree in Nursing. Massachusetts Bay Community College, Wellesley, MA 1992
Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist,Beth-Israel Deaconess Medical Center. Boston, MA. April 2019-present
• Performing clinical review of patient medical records in concurrent time.
• Ensuring the medical record accurately reflects the quality of patient care.
• Verifying with the provider the most precise diagnoses are documented.
• Providing education to physicians and healthcare providers in identifying and closing gaps in documentation.