University of Chicago June 2021
Masters Program in the Humanities: Literature
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign May 2020 Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Arts and Sciences
Summa Cum Laude with High Distinction in English, Minor in History EDITORIAL AND RESEARCH EXPERIENCE
The Catnip Times (https://www.thecatniptimes.com/), Chicago, IL Digital Marketing Intern June 2020-Current
● Research scientifically accurate information for 3-5 blogs per month that utilize SEO terms.
● Proofread and copyedit 3-5 self-written and guest-written blogs per month.
● Write copy for 1-2 product review blogs per quarter.
● Manage multiple projects at a time such as blog content, social media posts, and follower outreach. Hartfield Book Company, Monticello, IL
Bookseller and Social Media/Event Planning Intern June 2019-August 2020
● Copyedited, proofread, and wrote copy for the store’s promotional materials such as flyers, coupons, and social media advertisements.
● Authored shelf talkers and personal book reviews to be shared on the store’s social media channels.
● Facilitated two summer book clubs, one a middle grade reader group the other an adult group reading selected #OwnVoices titles.
● Familiarized with current popular titles and hand-sold these titles to customers. American Literary History (https://academic.oup.com/alh), Urbana, IL Fact Checker and Editorial Intern Sept. 2017-May 2020
● Fact checked 15-30 pages of academic writing per week intended for print and electronic publication.
● Copyedited 2-3 longer (~30 page) articles per semester working alongside the managing editor.
● Proofread online promotional materials, such as advertisements for research panels and other events.
● Collaborated with the editor, managing editor, and digital media editor on document corrections, author outreach, and new employee training.
Gies College of Business eLearning Office, Urbana, IL Support Specialist: Copy Editing and Universal Design April 2018-August 2018
● Designed a style guide for the office to be implemented on all published course materials.
● Copyedited and proofread syllabi, course descriptions, professor bios, and assignment instructions for all classes in the online MBA program.
● Worked closely with the accessibility team by proofreading HTML closed captioning for several courses’ prerecorded lecture videos.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT ROLES
University of Illinois Department of English, Urbana, IL Research Assistant for Professor Gordon Hutner August 2018-May 2019
● Utilized print and online archives to compile a database of ~175 reviews on over 12 pieces of short fiction written by 20th century American authors and screenwriters.
● Presented my research database to my employer as it evolved over a period of 5 months.
● Organized several different research projects at once, such as locating primary documents, analyzing early 20th century print materials for lost records, and compiling evidence in a user-friendly method. Urbana-Champaign Books to Prisoners, Champaign, IL Volunteer, President from 2019-2020 March. 2018-May 2020
● Increased biannual book sale revenue by 100% through self-written advertisements, press releases, and community outreach.
● Designed and researched all promotional information directed at college-aged volunteers.
● Fundraised multiple new books drop locations and revitalized the campus donation location.
● Coordinated with community, student, and parolee volunteers to raise awareness about the organization, its fundraisers, and provide incarcerated persons across Illinois with free books and educational materials.