email@example.com ph. : 571-***-****: Address: 8224 Madrilion Estates Dr., Vienna VA . 22182. PROFESSIONAL SUMMARY
• A Business Analyst with strong engineering background currently with more than five years of analytics experience, graduated from Stratford university with a master’s degree in Information Systems, seeking to enhance my skills and apply them in the real world.
TECHNOLOGIES & AREAS OF EXPERTISE: Microsoft SQL, SQL SSIS, SQL SSRS, Teradata, Tableau, Hadoop, SAS, SAS/ACCESS, MS Project, Visio, HP ALM, JIRA, Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Waterfall, Agile/Scrum, Python,, AWS,Java,VBA, MATLAB, QlikView . Education:
• Master of Information Systems Stratford University Graduated: 2020
• Bachelor of Business Administration University of Khartoum Graduated: 2015 WORK EXPERIENCE
WIT Inc – Vienna VA August 2020 – Present
Business Data Analyst Responsibilities:
• Collaborate with management and other business process owners to gather report requirements and specifications to design, develop and deliver reporting solutions which meet business and IT objectives.
• Gather requirements by coordinating and interviewing business stakeholders, Subject Matter Experts (SME)s and Product Owner to create the business requirements document in MS Word and Visio.
• Design and developed Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Object Oriented Design (OOD) using UML.
• Perform analysis of data to provide decision support to management team.
• Document and maintained backlog in JIRA once all the Themes, Epics and User Stories in-scope had been determined.
• Conduct examination and explanation of complex data relationships to answer questions identified either within the department or by other departments.
• Prepare a variety of reports, including statistical analyses and dashboards that allow key stakeholders to make informed business decisions based on data.
• Design, developed, and maintained custom reports using SQL programming, SQL Server Reporting Services
(SSRS) Power BI.
• Identify data from multiple data sources and then analyze data according to business requirements.
• Work with BI and other analytic/ programming tools as needed to support reporting and analytic needs. Environment: Facets, Care Analyzer, Tidal, JIRA, Microsoft Visio, MS word, MS Excel, MS outlook, MS Access, XML, HTML, MS SQL Server, SharePoint, PowerBI.
Stratford University Jun.2019 March.2020
• Worked as an intermediary between business community and IT organization in order to provide functional solutions to meet user needs.
• Worked on daily basis with Data Warehouse developers to evaluate impact on current implementation, redesign of all ETL logic.
• Performed In depth data analytics and data summarization within a Teradata database using SAS analytics accelerator for Teradata.
• Strongly participated and contributed in daily scrums, Sprints meeting and Sprint review meetings
• Extracted source to target mapping using Administrative, Provider and clinical data in ETL implementation and thereby aiding the IT team to produce physician performance reports and cleaning data to ensure data integrity in database tables
United Nations World Food Program Dec 2016 – August 2018 Business Analyst Responsibilities:
• Ensured all SSIS packages and SSRS reports are version controlled using Team foundation services.
• Worked with the database developers to develop a standard naming convention for tables, columns, keys, procedures, variables, functions, packages, reports, parameters, data sets, and data sources and performing data cleansing to ensuring consistency is maintained.
• Manipulated, cleansed & processed data using Excel, Access and SQL, Tableau.
• Efficient in using Agile/Scrum Methodologies for gathering requirements and facilitating user stories.
• Developed functional requirements and non-functional requirements documents based on the accepted business requirements by following UML processes and standard procedures for developing use cases; use case diagrams and other supporting documentation.
Environment: SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Tableau, MS Project, Agile, Scrum, MS Visio, MS Word, MS Excel, SAS,
Hadoop, SAS/ACCESS, Sqoop
Nile Center for Technology & Research Dec 2015 – Dec 2016 Business Analyst Responsibilities: • Facilitated Medicaid policy and IT system changes required for compliance.
• Responsible for gap analysis to change the old MMIS and Involved in testing new MMIS.
• Worked closely with IT manager to perform system audit to effectively understand the IT infrastructure/enterprise infrastructure of the organization
• In charge of facilitating daily scrum meting and weekly review meetings
• Coached the team in adopting scrum/agile framework, principles, and practices while assuming scrum master duties.
• Participate in Daily Scrum Stand Up meetings to coordinate the work being performed by the entire team.
• Proven experience in requirements gathering, functional design and all facets of system testing Analytical day to day support for Enrolment and Billing system enhancements
• Environment: MS Project, MS Visio, MS Word, MS Excel, SQL, Oracle PL/SQL Cyclone Co LTD Dec 2012 – Dec 2015
Jr. Business Analyst Responsibilities:
• Analyzed data to generate information about clients and their attributes and drafted a data requirement document.
• Prepared Business Workflow models and process diagrams depicting how business processes are accomplished.
• Created Activity Diagrams, Data Flow Diagrams (DFDs), Use Cases, Business Process flowcharts for the To-Be process.
• Created detailed workflow diagrams, business flowcharts of existing and proposed systems.
• Actively involved in creating/updating Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), preparing deliverable tasks in the project plan.
• Created Use Cases to identify automated processes and the actors (vendors, systems) involved in the project to ensure reliable results of implemented business/functional needs.
• Gathered and documented business requirements to describe the business needs in terms of the main deliverables.
• Facilitated meetings with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to create the process requirements, process improvements and to properly explain the development team the flow of future data modules.
• Wrote several Teradata SQL Queries using Teradata SQL Assistant for Ad Hoc Data Pull request.
• Designed & developed various Ad hoc reports for different teams in Business using Teradata SQL and MS Excel. Environment: Agile, MS Visio, MS Word, MS Excel, SQL, Teradata SQL. Leadership Experience:
• Was the team leader at Stratford University graduation semester, successfully planned the milestones and achieved them.
• Was selected for UN internship in the summer.
• Research Volunteer at Stratford University.