Claudia Patricia Forte-Azos
Short Pump, Virginia
M: 954-***-**** / email@example.com
Analysis Credentialing Inventory Control Payroll Processor Auditing Customer
Costex 2013 - 2017
Purchasing & Product Development
• Proposed improvements to the current purchasing system that will improve vendor relationships and lowered the cost of doing business.
• Collaborated with inventory control and sales to develop metrics for gauging inventory level needs and then maintaining those levels throughout the year.
• Led in creating profitable ways to manage obsolete & slow-moving stock to help offset losses.
• Managed the company's day-to-day purchasing activities and ensured that all purchasing agents met their personal performance standards.
• Determined customers' needs & desires by specifying the research needed to obtain market information.
• Recommended the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes.
• Assessed market competition by comparing the company's product to competitors' products.
• Provided source data for product line communications by defining product marketing communication objectives.
• Obtained product market share by working with sales director to develop product sales strategies.
• Provided information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses; answering questions and requests.
• Facilitated inventory turnover and product availability by reviewing and adjusting inventory levels and production schedules.
• Brought new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with engineering and manufacturing.
• Introduced and marketed new products by developing time-integrated plans with sales, advertising, and production.
• Determined product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewed production and sales costs; anticipated volume; quoted special and customized orders.
• Maintained professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications & establishing personal networks. Pediatric Associates 2007 - 2011
Purchasing & Materials Manager
• Vaccine Inventory Control (Private and State) for 21 office locations.
• Daily inventory report for management and CFO, illustrated vaccine tracking program.
• Liaison between over 120 physicians and the State Program.
• Streamlined the State ordering process with the implementation of vaccine tracking program.
• Tracked vendor/distributor delivery performance to ensure timely fulfillment of orders.
• Advised management of supply changes in orders and delivery requirements.
• Maintained vaccine lead-time records to allow accurate inventory planning.
• Team player in the entire Purchasing/Finance Team.
• Handled all documentation, correspondence, renewals for expiring Leases and Contracts. Elegant Celebrations & Events 2003 - 2013
*Family business maintained for 10 years until sold in 2013*
• Inventory control for all company.
• Handled purchasing of raw materials and office supplies.
• Event planning, production and supervision.
• Outsourced Contractors.
• Ran and reconciled monthly financial reports.
• Accounts Payable/Receivables.
Forte’s Accordion Shutters – FASCO Corp. 2004 – 2006 General Manager (Family owned)
• Performed general accounting functions.
• Placed orders, contracts, A/R, A/P, Payroll, Bookkeeping.
• Auditing expense reports and job costing.
• Inventory Management, non-inventory requisitions.
• Managed risk programs for property insurance, liability and workers comp. Groff Metals of Florida 1997 - 2004
Credit & Purchasing Manager
• Responsible for recovering dormant portfolio accounts ready to be written off & restoring accounts receivables relationship for customer maintenance.
• Responsible for staffing, compensation, payroll, office management, accounts payable, accounts receivables, Vendor Account reconciliations.
• Monthly financial reports for upper management.
• Maintained employee and vendor files.
• Budget reconciliation and other forecasting/planning activities. Groff Metals of Florida
Sales and Customer Service Supervisor
• Responsible for multiple off-site locations (West Palm Beach, Sarasota & Lakeworth, FL).
• Order replenishment materials for warehousing inventory.
• Supervisor of a staff of five. Maintained confidentiality on all employee matters.
• Follow up on all complaints from customers/vendors, implementation of new procedures to excel. EDUCATION
Bachelor in Business Administration- Universidad EAFIT 1997 – Medellin, Colombia
LANGUAGES & SKILLS
• Bilingual; English (Fluent), Spanish (Native) – can read, write & speak fluently
• Computer Literate: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), Outlook, Procure-it, ADP, Excel-Fi and Internet savvy.
• 10+ years administrative rolls in different corporate positions.
• Strong ability to cultivate personal relationships interdepartmentally, within various levels of leadership and peers.