Sarah A. Shelley
Experienced hospitality and customer service professional with supervisory and management experience in addition to a sales and marketing background. Organized and resourceful and able to produce positive outputs even under challenging environments. Proactive team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Deer Path Inn, Lake Forest, Charlestowne Hotels. Guest Services Concierge May 2019 - Current
Provided high level concierge and personalized guest service support for a busy luxury boutique hotel with multiple public F&B outlets.
● Working directly for the General Manager to define the guest experience throughout the property to create exceptional levels of guest satisfaction. Provide personalized and extensive concierge services for VIP and executive guests.
● Supervising the Valet and Bellman team to ensure efficient lobby management for three public F&B outlets in addition to the hotel and banqueting and events space.
● Manage reservations and hotel room and suite allocation using RoomKey PMS.
● Task management and communication with all departments using ALICE hotel operations management system. Use the system to generate reports to ensure continuity between shifts.
● Assist guests with all aspects of their stay and post stay including billing queries. Food and dining management using Tock Reservation Processing System.
● Successfully adapted guest check in and check-out procedures to incorporate the continual changes in the state and local mandates as well as closely monitoring the CDC statements concerning COVID-19 to be able to help guests understand and feel safe and comfortable with changes in policy.
Dwellworks, Independent Destination Services Consultant, Chicago, IL January 2012 - December 2015
Provided relocation support and services to international executives and their families including identifying and securing housing, assisting with government registrations, coordinating settling in services including language training, driving licenses, insurance, bank accounts, insurance services, and medical care.
● Coordinated regional tours, school searches, housing search, furniture location, vehicle location, and introductions to social networks and allied organizations. Supported employees and their families to help them be productive, settled-in, and able to maximize the limited time on assignment. 3M Company, Marketing Communications Account Executive, St. Paul, MN 1996 -1999
Oversaw global subsidiaries on branding and positioning of 3M =. Planned and developed communications products and services to support functional marketing, business plans, 3M’s identity and brand strategy for several health care businesses.
● Coordinated participation at major domestic and global health care conventions. Attending the conventions to ensure effective implementation.
● Developed strategic, creative and actionable programs to support the business goals of the 3M Littmann brand marketing team.
● Managing the timeline, vendor selection and logistics of both singular and integrated programs within budget.
3M Company, Marketing Executive, Loughborough, England 1995 to 1996
Organized and led surgical skills workshops for orthopedic and plastic surgeons to support the UK launch of the Agee Carpal Tunnel Release System. Effectively developed and executed business plans, resulting in growth of business by 120% in 1996.
● Enhanced 3M’s presence among surgeons through promotion of parasitic and synergistic sales of related 3M products.
● Successfully designed and established an added value service, a medical record and patient tracking database for the Scottish Shoulder Surgery Society. 3M Company, Sales Representative, Orthopaedic Products, Loughborough, England 1994 to 1995
● Secured business growth of 21% in the shoulder replacement market, 5% growth in hip replacements, and 12% growth in air instruments for the assigned territory.
● Selling directly to end user surgeons, hospital administrators and procurement teams.
● Attending surgery to ensure efficacious use of the products and appropriate after sales support. 3M Company, Customer Liaison Executive, Loughborough, England 1991 to 1994
● Supervised a team of customer service professionals in 3M’s orthopaedic products business as a foundation to the 3M entry into the joint replacement market.
● Developed and attained service levels that exceeded agreed customer expectations.
● Managed inventory control and liaised with logistics and manufacturing to maintain service levels and control costs.
● Supervised a team of four inside service support staff. 3M Company, Senior Customer Service Coordinator, Loughborough, England 1990 to 1991
● Supervised a team of five staff in providing customer services to the 3M UK dental and pharmaceutical businesses.
● Introduced online order processing into the logistics function. 3M Company, UK — Packaging Coordinator, Loughborough, England 1988 to 1990
● Managed the bill of materials for all pharmaceutical and health care products in the materials database within the logistics function.
● Collaborated with packaging vendors to establish packaging specifications, pricing and supply contracts.
● Liaised with manufacturing on packaging systems, label design and packaging approval and modifications.
Loughborough University of Technology, Loughborough, England August 1984 - January 1998
BA Hons Business and Information Management
● Interim Executive Director; Highwood Historical Society
● Enhanced the visibility of the society through direct mail campaigns, securing the use of a storefront location, and development of archives through organization of new documents and artifacts.
● Volunteer Instructor; Reading Power
● Taught individual students as part of a reading literacy program for North Chicago. Volunteer; Highwood Public Library
● Spearheaded a team of volunteers in re-organizing the library facility. o Created and managed the Facebook account of the library.
● Vice-President; Parent Education
● Established the Healthy Perspective education program for both parents and students including the
● healthy eating choices initiative.
● Developed all promotional materials, and identified appropriate speakers from a number of local nonprofit organizations
● Member, Office Manager; Charitable Fundraising
● Coordinated fund-raising auctions while serving as active member of various fundraising committees